food poisoning vs migraines

Guest Apollo

Guest Apollo

Which do you think is worse?

And on a side note, these are two things that are constantly cheapened by people who don't really have them. People with a headache will say they have a migraine. My friend texted me about her migraine, I asked what she was doing and she said cleaning house. Vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen. That's a headache. Talk to me when you can't get out of bed, where even blinking hurts. My co-worker gets migraines and can't leave his bed for 2-3 days, no music, no tv, no noise, no light.

Same thing with food poisoning. I've had it once and thought I was going to die. It felt like somebody was stabbing a hundred knives into my stomach....in about three minute intervals. All day long. Vomitting, diahhria.

From your experiences, which is worse????

Haven't had real food poisoning (as far as I know, lol) But I've had migrane.. it made me go blind for about ten minutes, that was pretty bad.

I'd say neither is worse though, they're both huge bitches in different ways.

I never had food poisoning but until I was about 17 I used to have migraines pretty bad. Some of the worst days of my life, being knocked out by meds and unable to get out of bed, with my head under a dozen cold and wet towels, hoping nothing will make a sound.

migrains by far, with food poisining you can still somewhat function, but with a full blown migraine one gets sensitivity to light, sound, movements, motion, it hurts to think it hurts to lay still nausea amoung a ton of other symptoms i cant even think of (honestly i think i got one now bleck)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Food poisoning. Because I only get it when I've eaten from a pizzeria or something that immigrants has done, and I can imagine what fuckery they've done with the food to make me sick.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Food poisoning. Because I only get it when I've eaten from a pizzeria or something that immigrants has done, and I can imagine what fuckery they've done with the food to make me sick.

:laugh: You never disappoint!

Well, it's all true. :lol:

• 9 months later...
Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Wow I would have said a migraine but after getting food poisoning this week I'm going to vote for that.

Which do you think is worse?

And on a side note, these are two things that are constantly cheapened by people who don't really have them. People with a headache will say they have a migraine. My friend texted me about her migraine, I asked what she was doing and she said cleaning house. Vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen. That's a headache. Talk to me when you can't get out of bed, where even blinking hurts. My co-worker gets migraines and can't leave his bed for 2-3 days, no music, no tv, no noise, no light.

Same thing with food poisoning. I've had it once and thought I was going to die. It felt like somebody was stabbing a hundred knives into my stomach....in about three minute intervals. All day long. Vomitting, diahhria.

From your experiences, which is worse????

this is so true regarding headaches. I see patients everyday complaining of "migraines" when really it is just a regular old headache. Sometimes it's not clear if they honestly think it is a migraine (ie. the worst headache they have ever had...must be a migraine), but sometimes it is obvious they are just looking for a note so they don't have to go to work.

some people like the attention...the drama of the whole thing.

so I adjust them, get rid of the headache and send their ass back to work.

I had food poisoning a couple of times and I get migraines every couple of months or so. I'll take food poisoning any time over migraines. Real migraines incapacitate me. I can't handle light, sound, movement. I usually pray for sleep or death whichever comes first. Food poisoning you feel lousy but you can still do stuff.

FUCK migranes i fucking hate them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would rather get straight up killer food poisoning by eating rancid dog shit than to sit through a migrane.

If anybody here is having migrane problems and are taking a shit ton of medication which of course doesnt so fuck all, STOP TAKING THE MEDICATION!

my cousin goes to the hospital for this shit all the time.

You know how simple these things are to cure?

look it up! just drop some LSD and you will not get another migrane, the effects are long term.

I never got one for years after acid. havent acid in over a year now and i got a little bitchy baby migrane a few weeks ago but it actually wasnt too bad. guess im off for another acid trip this summer to medicate my migranes!

if any of you are having trouble with food poisoning.... well make your own damb food!