Which GNR guitarist (old and new) messed up the most live?

Towelie

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Bucket have the same votes a Paul, they arent even in the same league!

I think it's because with questions like this people have a tendency to simply pick their least favorite guitarists instead of make well thought out decisions based on actual fuck ups during shows.

A8R

Robin Finck, Because of this:

(Skip to 2nd Solo)

What's wrong with that solo???

Robin changed and used to play it that way since he joined the band. (You can see it at RiR 2001).

Which in my opinion is much more original than simply copying Slash's version. Besides, I love Robin's version

Don't feed the ... you-know-whats ... ;)

Of course, Robin played his own solo and didn't just play a copycat solo of Slash's solo. RIR3 is even much better, because Robin also improves the first solo. The main problem for most cupcakes (oops, now I said the word anyway) is that they have the song and solos in their heads like they are on record, and they are not able to open their minds for something different. They will always love the first and thirds solo because Richard and Ron only play copycat solos of Slash's versions, but they just can't connect with Robin's brilliance. They don't even try or are not able to even try ...

Talking about real fuck-ups: DJ Ashba, This I Love ... when he still tried to copycat Robin. Now that Ashba has done "the Robin thing" i.e. created his own (crappy) version of the This I Love solo, he doesn't fuck it up anymore. Well, of course ... it's his own version! He should be able to play that one correct. But Robin's most brilliant epic This I Love solo is never to be heard live, I'm afraid :(

Finck's second November Rain solo was a travesty. Although I've never seen Slash do it live without souring the first high bend, same with Ashba... no one seems able to get it right, which is a shame because on the record it's a highlight of the song.

(Skip to 2nd Solo)

Robin changed and used to play it that way since he joined the band. (You can see it at RiR 2001).

Which in my opinion is much more original than simply copying Slash's version. Besides, I love Robin's version

Of course, Robin played his own solo and didn't just play a copycat solo of Slash's solo. RIR3 is even much better, because Robin also improves the first solo. The main problem for most cupcakes (oops, now I said the word anyway) is that they have the song and solos in their heads like they are on record, and they are not able to open their minds for something different. They will always love the first and thirds solo because Richard and Ron only play copycat solos of Slash's versions, but they just can't connect with Robin's brilliance. They don't even try or are not able to even try ...

Talking about real fuck-ups: DJ Ashba, This I Love ... when he still tried to copycat Robin. Now that Ashba has done "the Robin thing" i.e. created his own (crappy) version of the This I Love solo, he doesn't fuck it up anymore. Well, of course ... it's his own version! He should be able to play that one correct. But Robin's most brilliant epic This I Love solo is never to be heard live, I'm afraid :(

Wow, i agree 110% with you!

Guest gunns5

what dumb shits voted for Buckethead?

He improved every solo from the old band, as well as acing every solo from the new stuff

I guess we have 3 deaf people on the forum?

He improved every solo from the old band, as well as acing every solo from the new stuff

:no: You Could Be Mine. Slaughtered it.

Saying he messed up the most, far from it, but boy did he slaughter that solo.

(Skip to 2nd Solo)

This!

personally I thought his playing was great but it sounded like absolute shit to my ears, meaning, great dude, you can shred, but the older GnR songs should never be shreaded

he made the old songs, pretty much unrecognizable

that being said,

I'd definitely say Slash fucked up the most live, again, b/c he had so many more opportunities to fuck up then the other guys who've come since him; though they fucked them up in their own special way

And the votes for Robin just keep on coming!

How the fuck didn't Axl realize that Robin was making the band a complete joke?

He should have never let Robin back in.

Edited by ashysdad

Considering how much drugs Slash took back in the days, he was actually VERY GOOD!

Being a drugged up junkie is no excuse for sucking at guitar.

That's like saying a hillbilly doesnt have good teeth because he didnt brush them. Its avoidable.

:no: You Could Be Mine. Slaughtered it.

Saying he messed up the most, far from it, but boy did he slaughter that solo.

I'm a huge BH fan, and I really miss his contribution to GNR, but he didn't always get it right.

His playing at the end of November Rain was horrible.