Is GNR Still Youre Favorite Band?

American Psycho

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the past few weeks I've been into Nelly Furtado (Loose - great album), Placebo (Meds - great album)

I havn't played any Gn'R or Nu-Gn'R for quite some time. I'm still digging the Slash + Friends album.

Its been over a month since I've gone near Chinese Democracy, and I tend to skip straight to track 5. If The World. Prostitute is good too.

i'm seriously into Guns

i mean, of course i like other groups, too, such as the Beatles, Deep Purple, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones.

I'd even been a beatlefan for couple of years.

But Guns were always my everything.

Concerning other bands: i like just listen to their music. But i'm not interested in what Mustaine said, for example, what Hetfield answered, what is going on between band members etc.

but i'm addicted to everything about Guns N' Roses

Edited by Classic_Rock

I think my favourite bands are The Beatles and The Stones, but Guns n' Roses will always be something like my first teenage love, if you know what I mean. :shrugs:

Edited by misch

I used to listen to AFD back to back till the tape wore out. I still listen to it prolly more than any other album I have. No other music has come close to moving me in quite the same way.

I listen to a lot of music mainly guitar rock but anything from the Kinks to Korn.

I listen to a lot of alternative rock and hard rock.

Even though Marilyn Manson is a very weird character, he has written a lot of music which I find soothing in a way.. listening to In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death right now. I love the second part of the song, with the piano in it.

GnR is somewhere in my top 10.. with alternative bands like Seether, Marilyn Manson, Alter Bridge but also classic rock bands like The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, etc. I listen to a lot of different stuff actually.

They were my absolute faves when I was a teen. Then they were knocked down a notch or two when I heard AIC's Dirt and saw Metallica's Black Album tour.

Then I got into bands like Rage Against the Machine, Tool, and my beloved Pearl Jam. Seeing NIN live was a game changer too.

While I still like classic GnR and they will always take me back to the days of my youth, I prefer Radiohead over everybody these days.

Nu GnR is more of a curiousity for me. Old band still a top 5, new barely makes the top 50.

I've been listening to GNR since 1991.I was 11 years old, and I can still remember the day the Illusion records came out, but I only had enough money for Illusion 2 (on cassette,of course)

Today, I'm as big a fan as ever, having seen them twice.Once,at the first Hammerstein show in NY, and two, about 6 months later at the Gibson.I still listen to Chinese Democracy constantly, still loving it as much as I did upon it's release.And for us fans, even before that.

They remain my #1 favorite band,particularly in it's current form.I think Axl sounds better than ever.As for other bands I love - Radiohead, Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds, Danzig, Band Of Horses, Bon Iver,Nada Surf, Wilco, Fleet Foxes, John Frusciante, The Feelies, Brian WIlson/The Beach Boys .. And gems like Jeff Buckley and Cat Stevens, there is no artist in the world I'd rather see 1) live and 2) hear anything new from.There is a certain feeling I get, which isn't quite as strong when I hear,say ... a new Radiohead song.Axl is in a league of his own.I would choose to hear anything Axl is involved with over anything else.It's that voice of his that gets me every time.I cannot wait for a follow-up to Chin Dem.

Edited by Estrangedfx

I've been listening to GNR since 1991.I was 11 years old, and I can still remember the day the Illusion records came out, but I only had enough money for Illusion 2 (on cassette,of course)

Today, I'm as big a fan as ever, having seen them twice.Once,at the first Hammerstein show in NY, and two, about 6 months later at the Gibson.I still listen to Chinese Democracy constantly, still loving it as much as I did upon it's release.And for us fans, even before that.

They remain my #1 favorite band,particularly in it's current form.I think Axl sounds better than ever.As for other bands I love - Radiohead, Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds, Danzig, Band Of Horses, Bon Iver,Nada Surf, Wilco, Fleet Foxes, John Frusciante, The Feelies, Brian WIlson/The Beach Boys .. And gems like Jeff Buckley and Cat Stevens, there is no artist in the world I'd rather see 1) live and 2) hear anything new from.There is a certain feeling I get, which isn't quite as strong when I hear,say ... a new Radiohead song.Axl is in a league of his own.I would choose to hear anything Axl is involved with over anything else.It's that voice of his that gets me every time.I cannot wait for a follow-up to Chin Dem.

hi, kindred spirit! :)