Most improved live song 2010 tour?

gibbinson

I was wondering what was the most improved song since 2006 tour! It has to be rocket queen! Compare from 2006 it's sounds much more meaty! It kicks ass hats off to the band!

2006 live

2010 live

Also I wish they started to play think about you GnR most underrated song!

Rocket Queen really grows on me live. Bit offtopic.... When was the last time they played Think About You live?

December 20, 2006.

'Think About You' has been played at least 77 times and is now the 28. most played song at GN'R concerts. It was played a lot in 1985 and 1986, and picked up again in 2001, 2002 and 2006.

theres a youtube clip somewhere i cant seem to find it now but its the best rocket queen EVER done live it was in the 06 tour. Axl got so into it he was high fivin the crowd and was really hitting the high notes PERFECTLY it wasnt all rasp like the clip you posted in the 2010 version......i also remember Axl was smiling when he was singing the "no nu no nu no" part because some chick with huge tits was flashing him. One of their best performances really.

Axl does not sound that good in eaither. But the first one I could hardly hear him. The second sounds like he is straining his voice and maybe has a bad monitor. The guitar work of the band does not even compare to the old band. I agree that DJ's guitar does sound better than Robin on this song.

Axl sounds better on this 2006 video

Axl even better vocals and Slash really was amazing in 1988

Edited by rocker rockstar

I was wondering what was the most improved song since 2006 tour! It has to be rocket queen! Compare from 2006 it's sounds much more meaty! It kicks ass hats off to the band!

2006 live

2010 live

I agree with you-- but you picked the absolute worst performance of Rocket Queen with the worst sound mix...

Pit the 2010 against LA 2006 (2010 is still better, but not by the same amount as it is against Lisboa)...

Frank really does a great job on the 2010 version...

I Do Think its better in 2010 (Toronto, Puerto Rico) being good ones.

But L.A 2006 did Rock. Axl hit the high notes, just with less rasp

I can't believe how bad the mix is in RIR 06. how could they have got it so bad. it sounds awful. you hear one guitar, drums, and axl VERY quietly. it sucked. (You cant even hear Fortus' solo in that video posted)

2006 live

2010 live

Z

I agree with you-- but you picked the absolute worst performance of Rocket Queen with the worst sound mix...

Pit the 2010 against LA 2006 (2010 is still better, but not by the same amount as it is against Lisboa)...

Frank really does a great job on the 2010 version...

Your right didn't had time to put the best on there but rocket queen 2010 is the nuts

I have to agree about This I Love. In the beginning it wasn't that good live, but now it's amazing. It was the highlight for me at almost every show, that song is just incredible! Also, Sorry sounds a lot better now then when they started playing it last year.

Axl does not sound that good in eaither. But the first one I could hardly hear him. The second sounds like he is straining his voice and maybe has a bad monitor. The guitar work of the band does not even compare to the old band. I agree that DJ's guitar does sound better than Robin on this song.

Axl sounds better on this 2006 video

Axl even better vocals and Slash really was amazing in 1988

You take the worst video from the worst and most badly mixed show in GNR history and compare it to the fucking Ritz.

I could find ten new band Nightrains better than that one.

The Ritz doesn't have shit on Rock Am Ring.

On topic: Probably TIL, it sounded seriously underrehearsed back at Taipei and Seoul, but now it sound amazing.

I really, REALLY wish they;d given Prostitute the same treatment rather than just dropped it, it's one of the best GNR songs ever, all it needs is a hell of a lot of practice to do it justice. It's a crime that it's no longer getting played.

On topic: Probably TIL, it sounded seriously underrehearsed back at Taipei and Seoul, but now it sound amazing.

I really, REALLY wish they;d given Prostitute the same treatment rather than just dropped it, it's one of the best GNR songs ever, all it needs is a hell of a lot of practice to do it justice. It's a crime that it's no longer getting played.

THIS!

RaR was just INSANE. absolutely everyone in the band was on fire that night. IRS from RaR is also pretty good. i love the first finck solo and axl vocals from that show

the download festival Nightrain with izzy is also pretty badass, but RaR is slightly better

Edited by henfjel

THIS!

RaR was just INSANE. absolutely everyone in the band was on fire that night. IRS from RaR is also pretty good. i love the first finck solo and axl vocals from that show

the download festival Nightrain with izzy is also pretty badass, but RaR is slightly better

NIghtrain, Jungle, IRS, and KOHD from RAR are some of the best from any GnR show. I LOVE Axl's intro scream into Jungle.

I don't feel good about this 06' Axl and this man, what's his name? Finck?

But Guns' 10 are after my own heart. Now they play all the songs near original, and this is damn nice!

I don't feel good about this girl, what's his name, Ashba? I think she might actually be a shemale. :blink:

I don't think any song has improved that dramatically.

for me it was Chinese D, I'd heard live versions online but the new version that opens shows blew my head off.

Yep.Compare CD the song nowadays to say 2002 and its a world of difference. And i think its a great way to open the shows.

But Guns' 10 are after my own heart. Now they play all the songs near original, and this is damn nice!

I don't feel good about this girl, what's his name, Ashba? I think she might actually be a shemale. :blink:

in that case i think you should listen too this i love from one of the first four shows and then listen to the one from oslo, aalborg or russia. then you'll see it

in that case i think you should listen too this i love from one of the first four shows and then listen to the one from oslo, aalborg or russia. then you'll see it

Yes, I agree. The first post mentioned improvement from 2006.

Yes, I agree. The first post mentioned improvement from 2006.

yeah they are two different questions,

I agree with Wasted, Chinese sounds much better now than in 06