"inside the mind of Axl Rose"

Orsys

apart from the pathetic mistake with Finck's picture instead of Ron's, it is a great read

finally, a positive article about Axl, contraty to hundreds of those where authors can't accept the fact that the 1980s/1990s are gone and other fact, like for example, that Slash has never written a GNR song all by himself (Axl, Izzy and even Duff did).

finally, one journalist took effort to read recent interviews with Axl, especially his statement concerning keeping the name of the band etc

finally, one journalist assessed objectively what Slash has been doing in the last decade

I've waited a long time to read a sentence which I found absolutely true:

"So while yes, it's going to be a bit of a pisser when you look at the stage this weekend during the signature riff of Paradise City and it's not Slash playing it, the truth is that it will sound identical"

the funny thing is, that an English writer had to put sth English - the sentence praising Liam from Oasis - average band with tens of identical, boring songs... but whatever, I guess that's a local colour, or how they call it

Edited by DrDrei

the funny thing is, that an English writer had to put sth English - the sentence praising Liam from Oasis - average band with tens of identical, boring song... but whatever, I guess that's a local colour, or how they call it

I think it's more along the lines of the fact that (although you may not be an Oasis fan) Liam has a very distinct voice and like Axl it's instantly recognisable. Although Liam's style of singing is influenced hugely by Lennon and also to a slightly lesser extent Lydon, he still sounds like himself.

/liked the photo of the original line-up :thumbsup:

,put out an album that took 17 years and $14million to make, which is bloated rubbish, and is mad'

Robin and Buckethead have their moments, which is all the album is good for :thumbsup:

The stuff about 'if' the good old Guns N'Roses were still together they'd look like they were stuck in the 80's is BS.

Iron Maiden are on album no.15 and riding high at No.1 in the charts ;)

The whole anti Slash vibe sounds like NME attempting to get into Axl's good books.

The stuff about the current 'Axl & Co.' guitarist sounds the same as Slash is total BS.

Edited by star

Cool article, but I lol'd at the "Slash's style is easily imitated." :lol:

Yeah, that was fuckin' stupid.

+1 very stupid

i think ashba has done a great job imitating slash and many of the slashites think he sucks :shrugs:

if ashba is so bad then i imagine just about anyone can do it

Edited by Jackie Moon

this is pathetic, regurgitated shit, and welcoming us to february 2009. thats like over a year and a half ago.

every one of you who thinks this is a good article needs to fucking grow a brain.

I already read your shitty little interview, Del motherfuck.

no need to hurt my eyes with it again.

incompetent little twits.

+1 very stupid

i think ashba has done a great job imitating slash and many of the slashites think he sucks :shrugs:

People think he sucks because he tries to hard. That, and you can tell the difference quiet easily.

It's like drinking Coca Cola, then drinking one of those cheap store brands. They're more or less the same drink, but you can tell that one is trying to imitate the other. You can taste the difference even though in theory they are the same thing.

+1 very stupid

People think he sucks because he tries to hard. That, and you can tell the difference quiet easily.

It's like drinking Coca Cola, then drinking one of those cheap store brands. They're more or less the same drink, but you can tell that one is trying to imitate the other. You can taste the difference even though in theory they are the same thing.

Agreed. I like DJ, but he's no Slash.

can you hear the difference? Edited by Rovim

+1 very stupid

Yep, he even wears top hat and has a cigarette in his mouth on the shows (j/k) :rofl-lol:

Cool article, thanks for posting :)

this is pathetic, regurgitated shit, and welcoming us to february 2009. thats like over a year and a half ago.

every one of you who thinks this is a good article needs to fucking grow a brain.

I already read your shitty little interview, Del motherfuck.

no need to hurt my eyes with it again.

incompetent little twits.

No, tell us what you really think.

It's not that it's pro-Axl, anti-Slash, it's just that absolutely everything out there right now is Slash interviews, Slash bias, Slash perspective. This article provided a little balance, a little 'wait a minute, let's look at what has actually happened'. I love Slash, but man I can't get away from him right now. It's like a song I love that won't go away and I end up hating. Has he ever heard of over exposure? But since the whole "Axl killed GnR" is so out there in the media, what's wrong with a bit of balance to the journalism?

And I completely agree that bringing back the AFD lineup will make GnR a retro band, especially since these guys don't even want to play together. it would just be a business move.

Edited by Orsys