AXL: "We will not be at Leeds"

6lake sa66ath

I think he has wanted to cancel these dates and has been looking for a viable excuse. Clearly the tweet was made by Axl, but they talked him down off his ledge.

The promoter though of the Reading festival gave him the perfect out though by announcing ahead of time about the cutting off the power thing. Axl knew this would happen, so he created the episode as a means of giving himself the excuse he has been looking for not to play Leeds.

You know, that makes a lot of sense...

that makes no fucking sense.

everything is not a conspiracy. why can't people just enjoy the music.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is bullshit!

ive wairted fucking months for leeds festival and layed out a lot money which i don't really have !!

if this is true then " fuck you axl"

Sorry to hear that man.

Yeah, had everything booked myself too.

What are the chances of a refund on the festival ticket itself?

None.

Just gotta see if you can sell it to someone if you've got a day ticket.

The really sad part is that a large number of forum members are defending the band.Fucking over what very little fans you have left is the way to go you big bad rebel.

This band is a complete joke, they have become a self fulfilling parody.

I went to sleep just as GnR took the stage because there was no streaming and when i woke up the first thing i thought was " i wonder how they fucked it up last night ". People here will think of any number of excuses to cover Axl's ass but the fact remains he was fucking warned to behave like an adult and honour his obligations, now because he couldn't do that simple thing fans are massively out of pocket, but hey we should all be happy he stuck it to the man :rolleyes::rofl-lol:

The really sad part is that a large number of forum members are defending the band.Fucking over what very little fans you have left is the way to go you big bad rebel.

I went to sleep just as GnR took the stage because there was no streaming and when i woke up the first thing i thought was " i wonder how they fucked it up last night ". People here will think of any number of excuses to cover Axl's ass but the fact remains he was fucking warned to behave like an adult and honour his obligations, now because he couldn't do that simple thing fans are massively out of pocket, but hey we should all be happy he stuck it to the man :rolleyes::rofl-lol:

The same here. I woke up this morning, looked on the net, and fully expected to read about GN'R and a shit storm. A shit storm it was.

When someone with the screen name "GET OFF AXLS BACK" is fed up with the bullshit, then it's time to call it a day. Not making fun, but after reading your screen name then your very reasonable post, the juxtaposition pretty much says it all. There have been people that have defended him in the past (myself being one of them), but it's pretty obvious enough lines have been crossed, all culminating with what happened tonight.

When someone with the screen name "GET OFF AXLS BACK" is fed up with the bullshit, then it's time to call it a day. Not making fun, but after reading your screen name then your very reasonable post, the juxtaposition pretty much says it all. There have been people that have defended him in the past (myself being one of them), but it's pretty obvious enough lines have been crossed, all culminating with what happened tonight.

The name was selected a damn long time ago :rofl-lol:

I just haven't gotten round to changing it

The name was selected a damn long time ago :rofl-lol:

I just haven't gotten round to changing it

I wouldn't bother changing at this point - that name and the number of posts you have lends creedence to any critiques you might have. Just goes to show those that claim "axl bashers" that even the most ardent supporters are logical and know when to call a spade a spade.

he was on stage at 10:30.

seems perfectly reasonable to me. he hit the stage at 10:45 in halifax and i was almost late. 10:30 is exceptional!

Not when you are warned to be on stage at 9:30

i think it was a reasonable compromise.

if the 9.30 thing was so crucial they shouldn't have been booked in the first place. seriously.

Edited by Jackie Moon

seems perfectly reasonable to me. he hit the stage at 10:45 in halifax and i was almost late. 10:30 is exceptional!

if the 9.30 thing was so crucial they shouldn't have been booked in the first place. seriously.

It would have been had they not been warned, in fairness an hour late is pretty good for Axl but people are forgetting he had plenty of notice.The festival were not looking for trouble they simply enforced what they had warned the band they would do.The sad part is it appears the band had won the crowd over quite quick only for the set to end and it all turn to shit again

If I get pulled over for suspicion of drunk driving, blowing a .09 in some states is perfectly reasonable in a state where .10 is considered to be legally intoxicated. There are no problems. Blowing that .perfectly reasonable .09 in a state where .08 is the legal limit though, and I'm heading to the pokey in a pair of handcuffs.

You've got know the ground rules at a given event and act accordingly. One size fits all approach to every show is great in theory, but as evidence by tonight's happenings is not practical or realistic.

I agree. And now the precedent has been set. Promoters won't make this mistake again in the future.

Why mention Leeds at the Reading Fest?

What was he attempting to do? start a riot or something.

Guess the audience wern't that type of audience, being a mixed group, into different bands etc.

No he mentioned not doing Leeds because they are both the same promoter.If he feels he has been mishandled why would he volunteer to do it again.If as people claim the crowd were on the bands side at the end then it makes sense to let them know they won't be there because of the same issues being likely

At the end of the day it's only the fans who are getting screwed here.

Leeds aren't going to be offering refunds to people just because one act has pulled out.

Even if GNR were "mishandled" by Reading, the decent thing to do for the fans would be to honour their set at Leeds.