Official Leeds thread

axl_on_drums

PLEASE FIX THE SERVERS!

Just got back on here and missed it all.

Fuck BBC3.

The two fuck heads presenters started insulting Axl after showing WTTJ.

They said he was Mick Hucknall and then poked fun at his hat and how many times he changed his clothes.

They are pathetic.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

I missed the footage of WTTJ but I got a text from someone saying Axl was fat, out of breath and shite. Same comments all over twitter. Has the entire world become full of bandwagon jumping pussies. It seems like everyone hates GNR these days.

I missed the footage of WTTJ but I got a text from someone saying Axl was fat, out of breath and shite. Same comments all over twitter. Has the entire world become full of bandwagon jumping pussies. It seems like everyone hates GNR these days.

It's cool to hate GNR. Even between their fans. :P

Axl (dressed like your embarrassing uncle in a Jacko costume) is every inch the Gazza of rock, a sad old figure riding on past glories who leaves you pining for the genius days gone by, while the new guitarist is just an extremely poor Slash - top hat, checked shirt and sunburst Gibson Les Paul and all.

If we did care at all, it was about hearing our favourite 80s guitar tracks - not for a bunch of random musicians we don't know jamming while Axl disappears for another pointless costume change.

The poor reviews have already started.

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/8472/-/-Gun-N-Roses-late-and-not-so-great-at-Leeds/

Guest RonMexico82

I didn't think Axl looked or sounded great to be honest guys. He has sounded a lot better on this tour. I was kind of shocked by his face, he doesn't look well. Saying that the outro of November Rain sounded great.

Who cares about poor reviews and anti-Axl stuff? We should all hate the guy really. He fucks the hottest chicks, has a stacked bank account, is one seriously talented, charismatic mofo, and he plays the best rock music of all time for a living. Lucky bastard!

Axl (dressed like your embarrassing uncle in a Jacko costume) is every inch the Gazza of rock, a sad old figure riding on past glories who leaves you pining for the genius days gone by, while the new guitarist is just an extremely poor Slash - top hat, checked shirt and sunburst Gibson Les Paul and all.

If we did care at all, it was about hearing our favourite 80s guitar tracks - not for a bunch of random musicians we don't know jamming while Axl disappears for another pointless costume change.

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/8472/-/-Gun-N-Roses-late-and-not-so-great-at-Leeds/

A review is when you talk about the music and performance. This is a poor catskills stand-up routine.

As a long-term G n' R fan, having had a few drinks, I could've cried listening to Axl's vocals on NR just now.

Haven't seen anything of the new band since Download 2006. For me, and I know it's only a TV broadcast, that performance of NR, especiialy Axl's voice, sounded awful.

A bunch of musicians we don't know? The guy is works with music journalist and don't know who Tommy is? Even Ron and Dj were pretty famous before GNR.

These reviews are full of shit, don't expect a review saying a good thing about the concert, doesn't matter how good was it.

BTW I don't know why people get so worked up when Axl has a bad night vocally (which he apparently did tonight according to some people). Happens to everyone. He sounded fucking amazing at Reading, I can assure you. The power of his voice is just insane. Has to be heard in person to be appreciated.

And I agree with some people that he didn't sound good on November Rain at Reading. But that doesn't matter when he aced every other song there, esp. "Rocket Queen"

Edited by Axl Knows

He did start a bit off, but ended Great,

His voice isnt going to be great after runnin about the stage for an hour

On the November Rain Video

Agreed. But that isn't going to make a difference to your average viewer. Guns already have a terrible reputation and showing two songs were Axl was not at his best is not going to strengthen their rep. Even if the band were tight that wont matter because "it ain't slash".

If GNR had any input over what songs BBC were allowed to play they should have rethought their choice. From the bootlegs, live and let die would have been excellent. Also, this is meant to be a Chinese Democracy World Tour. Tell them to fuckin' play Street of Dreams or something.

Love the username by the way- uzi like a metal dick in my hand, magazine like a big testicle gland!

Edited by Guest