Official Leeds thread

axl_on_drums

I'll post a full review tomorrow when I'm not absolutely knackered. But Guns N Roses delivered tonight, oh man did they ever! Crowd was a wee bit lukewarm to start with, but there was no tension in the atmosphere whatsoever by the end of It's So Easy and they were a joy to watch, totally in command of the audience, they loved Ron especially, and at the end the whole fiasco with being ended early, the crowd was totally on the band's side. :D

What a fucking night, best birthday ever :D.

haha, tomorrow, we'll wait for your full review, happy birthday!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely awesome.

Crowd in the palm of their hands, fantastic performance and great chemistry on stage tonight.

Will post a full review later. And then find me some Birmingham tickets.

Edited by Azazel

On BBC they are showiing GNR from friday now.

The servers were fucked last night so I couldn't thank you for this post :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I got up and SPRINTED down the stairs, fired up the sky and there it was WTTJ! Yaaassss!!! Even better - the mrs was recording it! She would have been wanting to see the klaxons or some fucking shit like that hahaha. This will be getting kept on the planner FOREVER! rock3

God damn I needed that sleep. What an awesome fucking day that was.

I stood at the main stage from 12pm and stood through bands I'd never heard of, mostly who were crap. Although I have to say I enjoyed NOFX and had some slight enjoyment out of Biffy Clyro. QOTSA just didn't do it for me. But I was there to see GN'R and standing there for 9.5hrs was worth it. I managed to fight my way to the barrier by the end of QOTSA so I had the best seat in the house in time for Guns. :thumbsup:

Gotta say, I didn't hear any negativity towards Axl/the band all day. Even the wait between QOTSA finishing and Guns coming on, the boos only started about 15 mins prior to the start of the show (and all completely disappeared when they did take to the stage).

That was the 4th time I'd seen the band and I have to say, this line-up is slick. It's tight. All the guys have a close on stage rapprt and they're all smiling and enjoying themselves. Richard was smiling like a school girl, Ron was cool as fuck, and DJ... well he is one awesome MF. Not just a talented guitarist, but one who loves the fans too. He came over to my side of the stage quite a lot and had a big great smile on his face everytime. I Gave him double bulls horns and thumbs up everytime and he responded by flicking one of his picks out towards me. Unfortately I didn't get it, dunno where it went. :(

It was a great set. I loved the fact that they played This I Love, Street of Dreams and Sorry because they're the 3 most meaningful songs to me off Chinese Democracy, that basically describe the last 2.5yrs of my life exactly down to a tee.

I phoned my mate during Sweet Child so he could listen and was told to put my phone away or it would be conviscated because you're not allowed to record. I was then told to stop taking photographs... after I'd taken like 20 already. :shrugs::rolleyes:

All in all a fuckin' great show anyway. DJ came down the front of the crowd during one song, Nightrain I think, not sure though. I managed to touch his arm. :D

I loved Axl's rant at the promoters. He started by saying that the band had been guaranteed until 11.58 however now they were being told their show was over. Tommy had a little rant too, saying how it was in the "middle of a fuckin field ion the middle of nowhere, who gives a fuck?!!" Back to Axl... "Well we're gonna play you one more song. This war ain't fuckin' over yet." Cue Paradise City. And then the show was over... but one last word from W. Axl Rose: "To the cops and the promoters, FUCK YOU!!" Cue MASSIVE fucking crowd cheer :lol:

I have to say though, something isn't right with that curfew. As I walked back to my car through the camps, there was still music blasting from stalls and vendors and the Alternative stage still had a band playing. And it took me a good 40 minutes to get back to my car anyway. So if they can all play, what's the bother in the main stage playing for another 30 mins? Absolute fucking madness. Axl will never play Leeds/Reading again. I just hope it doesn't affect him playing others, such as Download, because I love the whole festival atmpshere.

Anywho, bring on Manchester! :thumbsup:

Edited by The_Terminator

Also, can I just say how much better this band is without Robin Finck. Nothing personal against the guy, but his style didn't fit Guns and he was a sloppy player. Looking back at my posts from the three '06 shows I saw, I said the same back then.

DJ Ashba is one fucking hell of a player. He hits all the right notes, he fits into the band exactly and he participates with the audience. The guy is fantastic. Climbing on the fucking stage rigging during Paradise City. Yeah!! :lol: :lol:

Edited by The_Terminator

ust got home from leeds, amazing show! Poor Festival!

Firstly this is my 5th gnr show and 2nd of the 2010 tour, this performance was outstanding. I was in Helsinki earlier this year and they were just as tight and appeared to be enjoying themselves on stage.

Axls voice was spot on. Album perfect. Far superior to 2006/2007 in my opinion.

We stood at the front, 10m or so from the barriers. The crowd was extremely mixed, lots of gnr fans and lots of little 16-18 year old pricks with little or no interest in doing anything other than causing shit. I have never experienced mosh pits before during sweet child of mine! They really pissed me off tbh. (during the whole festival and the show)

Crowd started getting restless after about 15 mins of waiting, pricks around us chanting who the fuck is axl rose, we want slash etc.. booing... the usual shit! There was a lot more of it than at the other 4 gigs i've been to.

As for the band coming on late, the stage was not completely set up until at least 9:20. The band came on at 9:30. This isn't fucking late! GNR has a complicated stage set up never mind just the tuning of instruments etc...of course it is going to take nearly an hour to get things going. QOTSA were done just before half 8.

CD went down well but Jungle made the place go fucking mental, mosh pits crowd surfing etc... mental. After the first few songs all the haters that were chanting slash etc had shut the fuck up and were well into it for the entire gig.

The sound mix was better than the Helsinki show this year, Axls voice appeared higher up in the mix but this may have been just where i was standing. My mates were stood half way back in the arena and said the sound was great.

All the hits were well received, the crowd went mad for kohd, scom, ycbm, rocket queen, nr etc..... the new songs were also very well received. The solos also went down well but they do slow the pace of the show which some people find annoying, especially when time is an issue.

Axl had some serious energy throughout the show, running back and forth like a 20 year old. Vocals were awesome! Dj really is a star, the man is all over the place, loved the climbing of the stage rigging during PC. Ron tried to say something to the crowd before and after his solo but the mic did not work. Tommy looked very drunk! Frank is a real character and the crowd loved him, the coolest mofo in the band apart from axl of course!

Loved Axls rant at the end prior to the encore and after PC. The crowd were chanting we want more and booing the promoters both after Nightrain and PC. The show really did go down very well even with the idiots at the front chanting for slash etc at the beginning.

I didn't hear or speak to anyone last night or this morning that didn't enjoy it.

The arena was very busy for guns, busier than for QOTSA.

Overall an excellent GNR show, great atmosphere and a full set apart from short encore due to time restraints. AXL and the band were on top form. Anyone who did not enjoy the show was never going to, they must have a serious grudge against axl and quite frankly should not bother to watch if they hate him so much!

So far i haven't read a good review which is no surprise to me! The press in the UK are totally biased and literally are guilty of false reporting. Unfortunately most of the people who write and review music do not appreciate old school rock. The headline on radio 1 was Guns N Roses forced to end show early again because they went on late. The times reporter claims the reading show was the worst headline act he has ever seen. Due to this false reporting people seriously misjudge Guns N Roses and AXL. Fuck them, 10/20 thousand people at the front chanting for more is a good enough review for me, strange how they didn't hear that. There was literally nothing bad you can say about last nights show. I can understand some people being negative about Reading but certainly not leeds. My Wife and my friends girlfriend both thought GNR were the best act of the weekend and Axl the most impressive frontman, this is coming from 2 people that were more excited about Dizzy Rascal.

Due to the false reporting some people i spoke to on sat / sun at leeds actually thought axl only played 10 minutes at reading then walked off. Total nonsense.

Out of the 5 shows i have seen this one was certainly in my top 2 along with Rio Lisbon 06. To be honest i haven't seen a bad GNR show, they are all great. But i will always remember this one due to the Reading issue and wondering if they would or wouldn't turn up etc! Then pulling off an awesome show with a big Fuck You to the promoters and cops, Axl is the man! This was a proper Guns show! This was proper rock and roll and what this band was and is all about.

In my eyes after this weekend, they have absolutely proven they are still the most unpredictable, dangerous but fucking awesome band in the world and will go down in history as such.

A quick note about the festival itself. I was there for 4 days, it was not for me. I've done download and various other 1 day festivals in numerous countries over the years and this was not for me. Mainly due to the crowd it attracts, out of the 60k plus people i'd say 30k were between 16 and 18. They were mental, to the point of being unpleasant. I've never seen so many people in a mess and acting like total wankers in my life. I'm a big drinker, we got through some serious booze this weekend and had a great time but the behaviour of some of these people started to bother me big time after a few days. just to anyone thinking of going to reading or leeds in the future, bare this in mind before going. The tent burning and general idiots were out of control last night. Thankfully the marshals etc were pretty spot on, they needed to be!

The other acts: blink were entertaining! Limp Bizkit was good, QOTSA poor, very dull band live. Biffy clyro attracted a big crowd but are not really my thing. Pendulum were good, like a modern prodigy! Enter shikari were better than i thought. Paramore were disappointing, an extremely dry performance.

Right, off to read more negative reviews of another awesome GNR show!

edit: forgot to comment on the curfew issue. Thursday to Sunday every night the festival has a massive party with huge bass blaring until THE EARLY EARLY hours of the morning. They also have DJ tents around the camp sites that are fucking loud, again with huge levels of bass. I can't imagine why they are allowed to have these organised parties etc and for the smaller stages to continue playing sets way beyond the main headliners curfew, it just does not make much sense to me. Leeds really is in the middle of fields miles from anywhere. Reading is a little different. I general, i find it strange that we have curfews prior to midnight at a rock festival. Sums up a lot of what is wrong with the UK today!

I can only echo what everyone else is saying, last night was awesome.

I'm not saying everybody loved it, I just didn't see any that didn't. It is bullshit that reviews will focus on the minority that didn't like it than the ones who did. GnR had the biggest crowd of the day and got a great reception from the moment they hit the stage. Which band plays a festival where 100% of people like them? None. Fuck those guys.

Anyway, that minor point aside, it was better than I'd even imagined.

FWIW, there was about 12 minutes in between the stage being set up and them coming on. People did start booing when it was looking like a long wait, but they can have no complaints about that after Reading.

ust got home from leeds, amazing show! Poor Festival!

Firstly this is my 5th gnr show and 2nd of the 2010 tour, this performance was outstanding. I was in Helsinki earlier this year and they were just as tight and appeared to be enjoying themselves on stage.

Axls voice was spot on. Album perfect. Far superior to 2006/2007 in my opinion.

We stood at the front, 10m or so from the barriers. The crowd was extremely mixed, lots of gnr fans and lots of little 16-18 year old pricks with little or no interest in doing anything other than causing shit. I have never experienced mosh pits before during sweet child of mine! They really pissed me off tbh. (during the whole festival and the show)

Crowd started getting restless after about 15 mins of waiting, pricks around us chanting who the fuck is axl rose, we want slash etc.. booing... the usual shit! There was a lot more of it than at the other 4 gigs i've been to.

As for the band coming on late, the stage was not completely set up until at least 9:20. The band came on at 9:30. This isn't fucking late! GNR has a complicated stage set up never mind just the tuning of instruments etc...of course it is going to take nearly an hour to get things going. QOTSA were done just before half 8.

CD went down well but Jungle made the place go fucking mental, mosh pits crowd surfing etc... mental. After the first few songs all the haters that were chanting slash etc had shut the fuck up and were well into it for the entire gig.

The sound mix was better than the Helsinki show this year, Axls voice appeared higher up in the mix but this may have been just where i was standing. My mates were stood half way back in the arena and said the sound was great.

All the hits were well received, the crowd went mad for kohd, scom, ycbm, rocket queen, nr etc..... the new songs were also very well received. The solos also went down well but they do slow the pace of the show which some people find annoying, especially when time is an issue.

Axl had some serious energy throughout the show, running back and forth like a 20 year old. Vocals were awesome! Dj really is a star, the man is all over the place, loved the climbing of the stage rigging during PC. Ron tried to say something to the crowd before and after his solo but the mic did not work. Tommy looked very drunk! Frank is a real character and the crowd loved him, the coolest mofo in the band apart from axl of course!

Loved Axls rant at the end prior to the encore and after PC. The crowd were chanting we want more and booing the promoters both after Nightrain and PC. The show really did go down very well even with the idiots at the front chanting for slash etc at the beginning.

I didn't hear or speak to anyone last night or this morning that didn't enjoy it.

The arena was very busy for guns, busier than for QOTSA.

Overall an excellent GNR show, great atmosphere and a full set apart from short encore due to time restraints. AXL and the band were on top form. Anyone who did not enjoy the show was never going to, they must have a serious grudge against axl and quite frankly should not bother to watch if they hate him so much!

So far i haven't read a good review which is no surprise to me! The press in the UK are totally biased and literally are guilty of false reporting. Unfortunately most of the people who write and review music do not appreciate old school rock. The headline on radio 1 was Guns N Roses forced to end show early again because they went on late. The times reporter claims the reading show was the worst headline act he has ever seen. Due to this false reporting people seriously misjudge Guns N Roses and AXL. Fuck them, 10/20 thousand people at the front chanting for more is a good enough review for me, strange how they didn't hear that. There was literally nothing bad you can say about last nights show. I can understand some people being negative about Reading but certainly not leeds. My Wife and my friends girlfriend both thought GNR were the best act of the weekend and Axl the most impressive frontman, this is coming from 2 people that were more excited about Dizzy Rascal.

Due to the false reporting some people i spoke to on sat / sun at leeds actually thought axl only played 10 minutes at reading then walked off. Total nonsense.

Out of the 5 shows i have seen this one was certainly in my top 2 along with Rio Lisbon 06. To be honest i haven't seen a bad GNR show, they are all great. But i will always remember this one due to the Reading issue and wondering if they would or wouldn't turn up etc! Then pulling off an awesome show with a big Fuck You to the promoters and cops, Axl is the man! This was a proper Guns show! This was proper rock and roll and what this band was and is all about.

In my eyes after this weekend, they have absolutely proven they are still the most unpredictable, dangerous but fucking awesome band in the world and will go down in history as such.

A quick note about the festival itself. I was there for 4 days, it was not for me. I've done download and various other 1 day festivals in numerous countries over the years and this was not for me. Mainly due to the crowd it attracts, out of the 60k plus people i'd say 30k were between 16 and 18. They were mental, to the point of being unpleasant. I've never seen so many people in a mess and acting like total wankers in my life. I'm a big drinker, we got through some serious booze this weekend and had a great time but the behaviour of some of these people started to bother me big time after a few days. just to anyone thinking of going to reading or leeds in the future, bare this in mind before going. The tent burning and general idiots were out of control last night. Thankfully the marshals etc were pretty spot on, they needed to be!

The other acts: blink were entertaining! Limp Bizkit was good, QOTSA poor, very dull band live. Biffy clyro attracted a big crowd but are not really my thing. Pendulum were good, like a modern prodigy! Enter shikari were better than i thought. Paramore were disappointing, an extremely dry performance.

Right, off to read more negative reviews of another awesome GNR show!

edit: forgot to comment on the curfew issue. Thursday to Sunday every night the festival has a massive party with huge bass blaring until THE EARLY EARLY hours of the morning. They also have DJ tents around the camp sites that are fucking loud, again with huge levels of bass. I can't imagine why they are allowed to have these organised parties etc and for the smaller stages to continue playing sets way beyond the main headliners curfew, it just does not make much sense to me. Leeds really is in the middle of fields miles from anywhere. Reading is a little different. I general, i find it strange that we have curfews prior to midnight at a rock festival. Sums up a lot of what is wrong with the UK today!

+1

Download this year had a much nicer vibe and the people that went were really, really into music! At Reading it seemed as though people were moshing for the sake of it and at a Slayer or any other thrash gig I can understand it but for Lostprophets!? People also seemed to have no respect for one another. At Download if there's moshing people will look out for you and when Rage Against The Machine played this year it was completely mental but the vibe was great.

In my experience people go to Reading/Leeds for the sake of it and just to get away from home/parents and get wasted. I was quite surprised when it was announced GN'R would be playing as I see them as more a Download (although maybe not after '06) or Sonisphere band.

It's also funny that the people who are most vocal in regards to "where's Slash" etc. are around my age who weren't even old enough to know that much about GN'R back in the day anyway. I didn't get into Guns until around 2003/4. Also, at Reading those types were the ones who only knew Paradise City, Sweet Child, November Rain and Jungle so they're not huge GN'R fans anyway.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

Also, can I just say how much better this band is without Robin Finck. Nothing personal against the guy, but his style didn't fit Guns and he was a sloppy player. Looking back at my posts from the three '06 shows I saw, I said the same back then.

DJ Ashba is one fucking hell of a player. He hits all the right notes, he fits into the band exactly and he participates with the audience. The guy is fantastic. Climbing on the fucking stage rigging during Paradise City. Yeah!! :lol: :lol:

Finck's always been a bit sloppy live but

- he's a better songwriter than Ashba

- he had a way better live tone in Guns

- he can do backing vocals and play keyboards

- he participates with the audience too

Edited by Jyrgen

The media in this country is fucked.

I was talking to my uncle about Leeds fest before and he says to me, "oh I hear Guns N' Roses were late and crap". And then when I got home my Dad goes to me "I heard on the news before that Guns N' Roses weren't upto it".

Don't worry, I put them both straight.

It pisses me off though. One massive fuck up at Reading, and the whole weekend gets slated for Guns, for both gigs. The band were fantastic last night. But for some reason, this country's media loves to get on Axl's back and shit on him.

Let me ask you this though... if it were AC/DC and Brian Johnson who took to the stage late, would the media care? What about Metallica and James Hetfield? Perhaps their precious Pete Doherty and his Libertines? Of course they fucking wouldn't. They would write it up as a pro, detailing how the crowd's wait only built the anticipation levels. Oh but because it's GN'R, it was frustration and Axl's shit and wears dodgy clothes. So fucking what. If you don't like it, then fucking lump it.

Bring on the arena shows, where it's just proper Guns fans in attendance and not these indie fags.

(And just for the record, that was not a stab at AC/DC or Metallica, I like both those bands, was just highlighting how GN'R get shat on all the time. But it was a stab at the Libertines. :lol: )

Finck's always been a bit sloppy live but

- he's a better songwriter than Ashba

- he had a way better live tone in Guns

- he can do backing vocals and play keyboards

- he participates with the audience too

I saw Finck with Guns 3 times and I don't remember him participating with the crowd whatsoever. I just remember cringing at his bent notes. And Guns got 2 keyboardists already, they don't need another. :lol:

I just prefer Dj that's all. :)

Edited by The_Terminator

Righty, here goes...

Headed out to the Arena about 2 o'clock in the afternoon, having had no internet access since the night before. So I'd no idea that the situation regarding Guns playing had been cleared up and spent all afternoon worrying about what was going to happen. This was not helped by the guards at the gate who saw my shirt and said "I heard Guns N Roses pulled out..." The atmosphere inside was a typical festival, no indication that anything might be up and plenty of folk in GNR shirts, I got myself a new one, with a big Union Jack on the back and immediately put it on.

Sauntered down to the mainstage and saw Nofx just as they went on, I'd never listened to them before and they were alright, I felt Bowling For Soup do that kind of thing much better than they do, I didn't get the 1 minute songs etc. their jokes were quite funny, but they were trying to make GNR jokes to a sea of GNR shirts. Eat the Meek sounded fantastic though, ironically the guitarist has a better voice than the singer.

Jumped up to the second stage to try and catch The Big Pink playing Dominos, but only just caught the end, so I headed back down to the mainstage to watch some of Lostprophets, they were pretty good actually, played a tight and energetic set and even threw a little bit of Sweet Child O' Mine in there, a song which is always welcome at live music events even if it was only a warm-up. Halfway through Losprophets' set Streetlight Manifesto came on at the Lock Up tent, so i went and saw them finally, had tickets to see them twice and for whatever reason managed to miss out both times, but they were amazing... the tent was absolutely jumping (and I'm pretty sure one could get stoned just by breathing in there to be honest)

6 o clock rolled round and I went to see my fellow Ayrshireachs Biffy Clyro on the mainstage, they were brilliant... got some odd looks from a few English fuckwits behind me for singing along really loudly (was amazing to be able to do so in my own accent) There was this really pretty girl a few rows along who kept making eye-contact with me and smiling, she evidently dug the Ayrshire accent :P. Biffy put on a really good show, played a good mix of old and new shit, including "There's No Such Thing As A Jaggy Snake" and when they played the anthemic "Many Of Horror (When We Collide)" one of the monitors kept blowing, so Simon Neil stopped the song, dragged the monitor to the front of the stage and threw it off, getting a huge cheer. Later he said "Leeds apologise for the shite equipment." Highlight was definitely thir finisher, The Captain though.

After this, it seemed like a huge portion of the crowd left the mainstage and went towards the second stage. With good reason as Mumford & Sons were playing, caught the very end of Delphic just before Mumford's set was due to start. If the word "Barnstorming" was invented to describe musical performance for any particular reason, it must have been invented by a time traveller from last night's set. Mumford & Sons blew the roof off the place from the moment they came on with "Sigh No More" to their massive closing number "The Cave." The audience just exuded adoration for the band, and you could see the feeling was mutual, Marcus Mumford's face was lit up with a beaming smile pretty much from when he took the stage to when they took their final bow, there were points where they brought out a full brass section and this just made them sound even more epic, it really was hair-raising stuff. I feel so sorry for the people who have said they stayed down at the mainstage to watch QOTSA and didn't enjoy it, because you could have been watching a tight, soulful bunch of musicians in their prime stomping and kicking out some amazing music to an adoring audience. Still unsure about whether or not GNR were making it on, I said at that point that if Mumford & Sons were the last band I saw that day, I'd consider my birthday a success.

Headed back down to the mainstage and got there for 9 o clock. The place was absolutely jam packed with people standing around, just waiting to see what was going to happen I think. Stood up at the back incase the need for a hasty retreat appeared, should GNR not show up and a riot ensue There was something quite poetic about the scene, the last glimmer of sunlight over the forest to the west, the sky a radiant blue fading to deep navy, the stars just beginning to prick the skyline, the air of expectation of the people sitting around fires at the back of the arena, the guys and girls openly taking a piss in the middle of the crowd etc. :P The stage was set up for GNR at least, so that filled me with hope, but god knows how long we were gonna have to wait, at about 9:20 a few boos rippled around the arena and I though "Oh God, here we go... this is gonna be a fun hours wait." But within ten minutes or so, the lights went down and it was confirmed to me that for the first time in four years, at last I'd be seeing my favourite band again.

First three songs of the set were essentially me making my way to the front, now that I knew there wasn't going to be a riot. Of course I was watching and singing as I went, they were as tight and kickass as one would expect them to be. The audience had been a little bit lukewarm during Chinese Democracy, I think many of the non-die-hard-GNR fans had expected to be doing some hating and were slightly taken aback by this punctual turn of events, the few boos there were after CD were turned to cheers during It's So Easy where there were people jumping as far back as the sound tower ( I know, I had to fight my way through them). By Brownstone I'd made my way into the D barrier where the crowd were far more my scene, lots of energy there and I could see the band so clearly from where I finally wound up (centre, about 20 rows back) surrounded by some great energetic people who helped to make the night! You already know the score with the setlist, it was fairly standard, but what really mattered was the connection between band and audience, and the performance itself.

I still say the best show I've ever seen was GNR in Glasgow 2006, partially because Izzy was there, but a lot more so because of the audience. It was the best audience I've ever been a part of, energetic almost to the point of violence and universally positive towards the band. But this was really something to see, an audience which could easily have loathed this band loving every second of their performance, unlike in 2006, I didn't feel the solos detracted from the show at all, people loved the James Bond theme and the Ballad of Death. Ziggy Stardust, holy fuck did Dizzy Reed get a response last night and deservedly so, he played the hell out of that piano. Biggest solo reaction of the night was the Pink Panther, pretty much the whole audience was singing along by the intro, nevermind when Ron actually came in with his guitar, and the man knows how to show appreciation from the crowd, he tried to talk to us, but the mic he used was pretty much dead, which was a shame, 'cause I'd've loved to have heard what he was saying. There were loads of great wee moments, like Ashba joining Ron behind the kit for the NR solo, Axl and Ron duetting on the chorus for You Could Be Mine, all of KOHD, hearing people singing along to Axl's Elton medley and Another Brick In The Wall. SCOM as ever was probably the highlight of the night, when the intro kicked in I was struck with the realisation that I was listening to the best band in the world playing the best song in the world, it didn't get much better than this. I got to hear Rocket Queen live too, at long last (it wasn't played at either of the previous shows I've been to).

About the getting cut short fiasco, Axl came out after Nightrain alone with the microphone and at first I thought we were gonna get a rant about Friday night, it wasn't until he started speaking that I realised it was something much more current, the show of solidarity between him and Tommy as they stood at the front, talking about how their agreement had been reneged upon and the audience's roars of agreement and approval were heartwarming for a fan to see despite the fact I wish they'd gotten to play a full encore, I think we'd probably have gotten Patience and Better as well as Paradise City. PC was huge by the way, the place was jumping, felt at least as good as the crowd in Dublin 2006 if not quite Glasgow. :D

I'm pretty sure no-one was even thinking of booing as the band got their standing ovation, and the roar after Axl's final "Fuck You" might've been the loudest of the night.

That's pretty much all there is to tell, got the bus back and it broke down so we got stuck in the middle of nowhere for about 45 minutes, got talking to a really nice bunch of lassies from Newcastle. All in all, best birthday ever :D.

For all the folk who say tl:dr, I don't blame you :P

Those who were at the show thanks for your reviews! :thumbsup:

I loved Axl's rant at the promoters. He started by saying that the band had been guaranteed until 11.58 however now they were being told their show was over. Tommy had a little rant too, saying how it was in the "middle of a fuckin field ion the middle of nowhere, who gives a fuck?!!" Back to Axl... "Well we're gonna play you one more song. This war ain't fuckin' over yet." Cue Paradise City. And then the show was over... but one last word from W. Axl Rose: "To the cops and the promoters, FUCK YOU!!" Cue MASSIVE fucking crowd cheer :lol:

haha. Classic.