Do you think Axl will ever cut any of the members into the partnership?

Vincent Vega

As I understand it, back in the original band (until 1995), Axl, Slash and Duff were all equal partners in the legal entity GN'R as a legal partnership (Second partnership formed in 1992 after Izzy left), and then in August 1995, Axl suddenly left the original GN'R partnership and officially formed what we know as "New GN'R" as a legal entity, and Slash and Duff joined into this new partnership effective December 31st 1995 as employees on contract until they both resigned in 1996 and 1997, thus making them the first members of 'new GN'R ironically at least as far as legality went; They weren't legally recognized as ex-members of GN'R until the partnership was amended in 1998 or 1999, finally acknowledging their resignations legally.

Now, with the tenures of Tommy, Dizzy and Chris Pittman in GN'R being over a decade, do you think Axl will ever allow them into the legal partnership of GN'R, or any of the olher new band members in the future?

For a comparable thing, Ron Wood 'joined' the Rolling Stones unoffically in 1975 (it wasn't sure if he was going to rejoin the Faces at the end of the '75 Tour), but was made a member formally in 1976. However, he wasn't made part of the legal partnership/entity of the Stones until 1993 when Bill Wyman left the band and thus from '76 to '93 Ron Wood was legally for all intents and purposes little more than a 'hired' Stone, despite outward appearances of him being one of the guys. Similary, their bassist since 1993, Darryl Jones, is neither a formal member nor a member of the legal contract; Even though he has been their exclusive bass player live and in studio since 1993, he is not considered by the band a "Rolling Stone", and is only a hired Stone. He is not ''one of the boys'', he does not have any say in the direction of the band, nor gets any writing credits for his work, and has absolutely no say in the management or actions of the band.

Edited by MetalForever

If it was a band, they would all be 'partners'. It's a solo thing with many replaceable parts/musicians now, so no.

There's different kinds of bands. This is a band. I remember when I saw the Metallica movie 'Some Kind Of Monster' and Lars was telling Kirk how he tought guitar solos in songs are dated and Kirk was like 'what the fuck'? but still he didn't have a say in the decisions and so we've got St. Anger. Is Metallica not a band? is it a band 'cause it got 2 leaders? the bass player doesn't have a say in what Metallica does and Kirk...well you know.

Musically Guns N' Roses is a band. Socially they seem to like each other and spend time with one another like bands do. Axl is the leader, but to me, this is a band.

Edited by Rovim

It wouldn't change anything if he did.

Ron Wood may be an official member of the Rolling Stones, but he's still expendable. Every band I can think of has one or two members who are irreplaceable, and then just some dudes with instruments. Nobody gives a shit who's on guitar for KISS, or who's on bass for Bon Jovi.

Who honestly gives a fuck? we don't know the exact details of any of the members legal standing inside GN'R, we don't know what Axl does or doesn't do where this stuff is concerned, all that matters is that they're out now, touring and playing music. isn't that what matters? the legal bullshit just complicates things and quite frankly isn't anything to do with us.

It would be in Axl's best legal interest not to. And that's not saying that he's selfish or whatever, it's almost nessicary... Considering he is the lone member of his band. Could you imagine if Buckethead, Brain or Robin Finck were officially partial owners of Guns N' Roses rights..... And they left? We still wouldn't have Chinese Democracy released.

The only ways or people I could see Axl partnering with are Ashba, Stinson and maybe Dizzy. I believe that if Ashba really lights a fire under Axl and helps the recording and releasing process of CD II go smoother- then yeah. Tommy and Dizzy because of sheer loyalty and care.

OR--- probably the greatest chance of partnership, but least likely to happen. If Izzy or Duff rejoin the band.

Ron Wood may be an official member of the Rolling Stones, but he's still expendable. Every band I can think of has one or two members who are irreplaceable, and then just some dudes with instruments. Nobody gives a shit who's on guitar for KISS, or who's on bass for Bon Jovi.

I think quite a few people are pissy about Ace Frehley not being in KISS and Tommy wearing his makeup. But then you'll always get those people...

I think quite a few people are pissy about Ace Frehley not being in KISS and Tommy wearing his makeup. But then you'll always get those people...

It's a minority, and certainly hasn't hampered Sonic Boom or the subsequent tour in any way. Similarly, if Bon Jovi ditched Sambora I don't think it would stop them selling out stadiums.

It's a minority, and certainly hasn't hampered Sonic Boom or the subsequent tour in any way. Similarly, if Bon Jovi ditched Sambora I don't think it would stop them selling out stadiums.

Yeah, I was just saying that you'll always get fans who moan about there not being original members and certainly Classic Rock Magazine always bang on about Ace Frehley. Although KISS are probably a tighter band without him now. I know some people who saw him live and said KISS were whole lot better and he was quite sloppy.

Good analogy LES PAUL, even Paul S. says these guys are far better as they have the old energy the original KISS had.

There's a lot of talk here today about why old members left, then this thread about new members being partners. Let me point out after Waters lost the legal battle to Gilmour over the name "Pink Floyd" the remaining original members were under contract to David. He owns the name now, that's that, the rest were hired hands. Two of them were guys who were there 3 years before Gilmour joined the band in 68! (Mason and Wright, RIP Richard)

I think the fans like to speculate as to the unhappiness of the current members, like Axl is screwing them over. Yes, I see a lot of fans complain. Ya know who I don't hear complaining? THE CURRENT MEMBERS!

There's a great adage that applies here. "The man who does the payin' has the sayin'."

Peace

Edited by axlskAmpf

Good analogy LES PAUL, even Paul S. says these guys are far better as they have the old energy the original KISS had.

There's a lot of talk here today about why old members left, then this thread about new members being partners. Let me point out after Waters lost the legal battle to Gilmour over the name "Pink Floyd" the remaining original members were under contract to David. He owns the name now, that's that, the rest were hired hands. Two of them were guys who were there 3 years before Gilmour joined the band in 68! (Mason and Wright, RIP Richard)

I think the fans like to speculate as to the unhappiness of the current members, like Axl is screwing them over. Yes, I see a lot of fans complain. Ya know who I don't hear complaining? THE CURRENT MEMBERS!

There's a great adage that applies here. "The man who does the payin' has the sayin'."

Peace

Also on the original Wall tour Richard was effectively just a hired hand as he had been sacked by Waters previously. Ironically this meant he was the only one out of the band to make a profit from the shows. :lol:

Also, I think he wasn't officially a full member again until The Division Bell even though he was back in the band for A Momentary Lapse Of Reason.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

Right you are again Les, and Richard never complained either during "Lapse", just cashed some big fat checks and said "The man who does the payin' has the sayin'!" Had to throw that point in twice.

:D

I mean even when Tommy recommended the eagles of death metal and Axl said what he said about them onstage everyone was like "oooo, Tommy is mad at Axl, he took off his bass, he hates Axl and being in the band, see!"

Tommy 's reply...

"As a matter of fact, Eagles of Death Metal were a suggestion of mine a while ago. Turns out they were the wrong band for our crowd. They were booed and did not play for as long as they were scheduled to. ... In the past I have thrown my bass. I have never thrown it at Axl or anyone else in the band nor has anyone thrown my bass back at me ... yet. Axl has been a dear friend to me for nine years. We have no problem communicating and wish that people would stay the fuck out of shit they don't know anything about."

That's how the band members feel about Axl, seems he's pretty much loved by them, some folks should take heed to Tommy's words.

Edited by axlskAmpf