Alter Bridge's New Single "Isolation"

Naupis

To those of you not familiar with them Alter Bridge is basically Myles Kennedy with Creed minus Scott Stapp.

I'm really kind of lukewarm towards it. The song is just kind of all over the place.

Having heard him with Slash this past year, I think he sounds way out of place singing speed metally heavy kind of stuff like this now. His voice is much more naturally suited for the blues based rock kind of stuff Slash does whether he realizes it or not.

Here is the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guUeGZVpfR8

I like the bridge and chorus, probably because those parts are more melodic. Myles sounds way better with more of a groove than all out thrash..

I really like it! A very good band who seem to be relatively anonymous sadly

This is why I suspect there's a good chance Myles will join VR. He's a humble guy, but in his own words, real success has always eluded him. A great record with Velvet Revolver would lead to bigger things than a great record with Alter Bridge. He's had more mainstream exposure with Slash than he's ever had in his career..

-Kickingthehabit

Edited by Kickingthehabit

Why do I get a Christian Rock vibe from these guys?

Because they're all (bar Myles) members of Creed and that's essentially what Creed are.

Yeah I knew that,but I wasn't sure if that was just Stapp's thing...but Kennedy's lyrics just rub me the same sort of "there's an answer out there" same sort of way.

I dunno...meh (hope he stays out of VR tbh)

Because they're all (bar Myles) members of Creed and that's essentially what Creed are.

Yeah I knew that,but I wasn't sure if that was just Stapp's thing...but Kennedy's lyrics just rub me the same sort of "there's an answer out there" same sort of way.

Oh gotcha.

I'm kind of torn. Have you seen him live? Part of me dislikes him, but at the Slash show I thought his energy was really great. Found myself watching him as much as Slash which is what I did with VR/Scott.

I almost want them to give him a go, just so they at least have someone with genuine chemistry and don't sit around doing nothing for another 2 years.

To those of you not familiar with them Alter Bridge is basically Myles Kennedy with Creed minus Scott Stapp.

I'm really kind of lukewarm towards it. The song is just kind of all over the place.

Having heard him with Slash this past year, I think he sounds way out of place singing speed metally heavy kind of stuff like this now. His voice is much more naturally suited for the blues based rock kind of stuff Slash does whether he realizes it or not.

Here is the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guUeGZVpfR8

I listened to it, can't put my finger on it why it sounds so.....odd. Its metal and heavy, but it is definatley strange in its composition. "All over the place" like you said.

Oh gotcha.

I'm kind of torn. Have you seen him live? Part of me dislikes him, but at the Slash show I thought his energy was really great. Found myself watching him as much as Slash which is what I did with VR/Scott.

I almost want them to give him a go, just so they at least have someone with genuine chemistry and don't sit around doing nothing for another 2 years.

I see them this Friday.. B)

The answer is because you know Creed were perceived as a Christian band, and you have confirmation bias whenever you hear a remotely uplifting lyric from Alter Bridge. In reality, Myles Kennedy abhors organized religion and has trouble believing in anything - which is apparently going to be at least one of the subject matters broached on AB III. I know Mark Tremonti believes in God but also dislikes organized religion. Not sure about the other guys... but Alter Bridge are in no way a Christian band.

As a side note - the funny thing is, Creed were not a Christian band either. They were perceived as such because a) people thought "Higher" was about heaven, when in fact it was about lucid dreaming; and B) Scott's "Jesus pose" in the "With Arms Wide Open" video, which in fact was just him opening his arms to welcome his son into the world... not a religious thing.

I heard on KROQ that Axl really digs AB. I wonder if he'll have them open on the upcoming tour.

Really? That's pretty sweet. I'd love a GNR/AB tour. I wonder what Myles' reaction would be to meeting Axl, after presumably having heard all of Slash's thoughts on Axl.

Regarding "Isolation", I think it's a really strong track, but I'm nervous that Alter Bridge might be perceived as crappy metal rather than hard, edgy modern rock. I can't stop listening to this song though. Bring on AB III.