Guns N' Roses 2011

ManetsBR

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

less DISCUSSION more PRODUCTION. haha

a new album would be first on my list regardless of how good or bad a U.S. tour would be, new material is numero uno.

and i dont mean leaks!

a music video/ live performance on tv/new album/single release/recording an album

any or all of those would be good

Ideally, if the band wants to progress with it's current line-up.

The rest of 2010: Finish the European dates, book studio time, finish AUS dates

2011: USA full-length tour with a new album on shelves (whether it's the current band or scraps from CD)

i think axl will take a year off and deal with his legal troubles.

yeah, it kind of sucks to think, but I do agree. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear from him again until 2013/2014. I'm guessing he'll have nothing to do with the RNR HOF induction. If he ever does tour again, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just another Guns world tour or Chinese Democracy tour. Normally I wouldn't hope for a band's music to leak, but in this case, I think it's all we realistically have to hope for.

Edited by Uncle Buck

yeah, it kind of sucks to think, but I do agree. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear from him again until 2013/2014. I'm guessing he'll have nothing to do with the RNR HOF induction. If he ever does tour again, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just another Guns world tour or Chinese Democracy tour. Normally I wouldn't hope for a band's music to leak, but in this case, I think it's all we realistically have to hope for.

only vacations..he needs this..

only vacations..he needs this..

Most people's vacations only last 1-2 weeks, not 3-4 years at a time.

What I think will happen

Aussie tour with New Zealand dates.... then a US tour at some point. Then I don't think we will hear much out of this band for a while. I wouldn't count on a new album at least until late 2012... Just a feeling I have on that.

What I would like to happen

Major city US tour in Between the Aussie dates... more dates added to the Aussie tour. Early next year put out the vaulted CD songs on an album... while promotion is in the works for the old CD stuff the band lives in the studio for 6 months writing and recording. Then do a major major market world tour for the old CD stuff (London, New york, LA) 20 date world tour... regroup...Then drop the next NEW album shortly thereafter and tour the fucking shit out of it all over the world. Totally won't happen but I guy can dream

Think: disappear for "a while" again. See 1992ish-2000ish.

Want: US arena tour.

What he should do: US ampitheatre/smaller venue tour. AKA-5000-8000 capacity. *unless he enlists Slash & Duff, which would entail a sold out arena/stadium US tour.

Odds: Think: 60%

Want: 25%

Slash: 15%

Hate to beat a dead horse but if Axl was interviewed on Leno with DJ or Tommy or Ron (anyone bandmate really) and then they performed Better and or Street Of Dreams, it would do wonders.

1. because it would show Axl in a hopefully loose easy going manner (with the exception of the LAX incident he has been all tour)

2. it would hopefully clear up some things if Leno or whoever does their homework (for the sake of a good interview)

3. it would show the new band has some great tunes.

And you can say "its been two years" yeah and how many will it take for the general public to atleast give it a chance?

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

What I think will happen:

Finish Australia tour.

Break until early 2011.

Play U.S. staduim tour.

Play with Rock N' Rio with a few new songs.

Release a new album with new material in mid 2011 or 2012.

Go A.W.O.L. after 2012.

Axl no shows at the RN'R Hall of Fame show in 2013.

What I want to happen:

U.S. stadium tour.

Release a box set callled the Chinese Democracy Sessions with the old Buckethead/Finck material.

Release a new album with brand new material before U.S. tour and promote the fuck out of it.

Play Talk Shows and have an appearance on a music show, such as American Music Awards or something like that.

Release 2 or more music videos.

Release a DVD of a concert from the current tour.

Play in Atlantic City :thumbsup: