Axl Doesn't Value his vault!

Guest Gunns

It would be cool if he put out a mix of documentary and concert film from the UYI tour and turn it into a movie. Would theater goers that might not care for GNR's music care about a 20 year old tour? Not sure. But if they have a story of a band unraveling, it could be an Oscar nominated documentary.

Other than that, if they want to mine the archives and make it available, they could easily put it out on the official site and make it subscription-based.

I think putting videos and live performances on a bonus DVD on the re-release of cd would be good. Or if Rage really does make some great videos put it out as a real dvd. Judging by the live videos on the screens they basically have great stuff.

It would be cool if he put out a mix of documentary and concert film from the UYI tour and turn it into a movie. Would theater goers that might not care for GNR's music care about a 20 year old tour? Not sure. But if they have a story of a band unraveling, it could be an Oscar nominated documentary.

Other than that, if they want to mine the archives and make it available, they could easily put it out on the official site and make it subscription-based.

He could do like the Stones are doing for Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones, which is a doco-concert film from a concert in 1972. Just release it to select venues and then to DVD.

Imagine if we were able to watch every live performance shown in the Estranged videoclip with such high quality? They have hundred of hours of stuff like that, but we only got TOKYO '92 released in DVD. The ONLY official live video in 25 years. (correct me if I'm wrong).

I want to see the UYI Documentary footage. That must be some amazing footage. I don't care about the MTV rehearsal. Way over-rated. He rehearsed, I don't see what the big deal is.

+1

That's on the top of my list too. I don't give a fuck about a Fake GNR documentary, it would be too boring anyways. I wanna see Guns N' Roses in their prime days partying like hell, in the same style like Pantera's "Vulgar Videos" rock3

One day I'm sure it will come, but probably not in another 10 or 20 years...

Guest gunns5

I've heard that they rehearsed an unheard song for the VMAs, which is why they're so valuable.

Don't remember where I heard that though, so don't take my word for it.

if thats true then I wonder if thats worth more than the HOB ?

I've heard that they rehearsed an unheard song for the VMAs, which is why they're so valuable.

Well, which would you rather have?

The General, or another proshot 2001 show?

I think we both know the answer.

Guest gunns5

Gnrs comeback show, but yeah I agree, I woud rather see Bucket tearin it up on General

Gnrs comeback show, but yeah I agree, I woud rather see Bucket tearin it up on General

In no way am I trying to undervalue the HOB footage, but it's "The General", man.

The fucking General.

In no way am I trying to undervalue the HOB footage, but it's "The General", man.

The fucking General.

I gotta go with Bacardi with this one. Currently the General would be worth more.

He could do like the Stones are doing for Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones, which is a doco-concert film from a concert in 1972. Just release it to select venues and then to DVD.

I have the bootleg of it... it's a full length concert that was in Quadrophonic, which predated Surround Sound and I guess it was expensive for a theater at the time to run movies like that. In 2010, almost every theater's digital audio and surround. To me, Rock and Roll Circus, Gimme Shelter, the Hyde Park concert, the Marquee Club, Ladies and Gentlemen and Cocksucker Blues, is worth owning as well as the legit and bootleg audio from 69-73. Supposedly Keith and Mick have mentioned if they decide to tour, they are prob. going to do some of the entire albums live. Possibility Mick Taylor might be doing some shows, because he had re-recorded some stuff for "Exile". Not sure if Bill Wyman is going to take part or not, but I also think he re-recorded some things on "Exile" as well. There's a lot of Stones fans that wouldn't mind Ronnie going away if Bill and Mick were to come back. I can't see Wyman wanting to do stadium sized shows, but the theater sized ones? Maybe.

I have the bootleg of it... it's a full length concert that was in Quadrophonic, which predated Surround Sound and I guess it was expensive for a theater at the time to run movies like that. In 2010, almost every theater's digital audio and surround. To me, Rock and Roll Circus, Gimme Shelter, the Hyde Park concert, the Marquee Club, Ladies and Gentlemen and Cocksucker Blues, is worth owning as well as the legit and bootleg audio from 69-73. Supposedly Keith and Mick have mentioned if they decide to tour, they are prob. going to do some of the entire albums live. Possibility Mick Taylor might be doing some shows, because he had re-recorded some stuff for "Exile". Not sure if Bill Wyman is going to take part or not, but I also think he re-recorded some things on "Exile" as well. There's a lot of Stones fans that wouldn't mind Ronnie going away if Bill and Mick were to come back. I can't see Wyman wanting to do stadium sized shows, but the theater sized ones? Maybe.

Stones fans would rejoice if they kicked Ronnie out and brought back Mick Taylor.

Stones fans would rejoice if they kicked Ronnie out and brought back Mick Taylor.

Not taking anything way from Mick taylor, but Ron Wood has carried the Stones for the last 15 years. Keith Richards is merely there for appearances at this point.

There's got to be an epic anthology at some point.

My wishlist:

First of all no Slash and Duff stuff. Too many lawsuits possible and would only tie up other stuff. While there is probably some incredible stuff still around too messy unless there is a reunion then it works.

1. Making of Chinese Democracy

- band changes, lawsuits, record company high jinks--------Tell us the story Axl!! This should have been done before the album came out would have done all the promotion for them. Still could do it if number 3 is done.

2. Demos of all the songs throughout the years. Only the songs you have released. Just leak those though don't charge fans as only the true diehards would be interested.

3. Release all the songs. ;) Release all the CD era stuff. so from Finck on. Just call it "Chinese Democracy: 2000 intentions" or something like that. could be a four disk set with some demos.

4. A concert DVD of all the concert highlights since touring started with the new lineup. Could work as a companion with number 1. or 3.

I guess for a guy like Axl that doesn't want to compromise himself as an artist i understand not releasing stuff for a cash grab, but everything mentioned Above is reasonable and i think people would eat it up and not just the message board guys who want everything. VMA rehearsals? Really guys? ;)

I disagree here on one point. I say taken as a whole...clear the vault of some old material. Duff was on record as saying they had recorded enough material for an Album in 95. I know much of the delay and the monumental effort of GNR as a corporation is to distance the two eras completely. For me the shame in old GnR was that they have what.only maybe 64 songs recorded? The last we got was Sympathy for the Devil a cover. I believe if that music was to ever see light of day the clamour for it would overwhelm the focus on the new era though

As much as this new band is kicking it right now...Id echo that sentiment above.

Why would Axl, a guy who never shows up for sound check, bother rehearsing "The General" at the VMA's?? From the short clips we seen, he wasn't in a great mood to begin with. I would bet a lot of money they only rehearsed the 3 songs that were in the medley. I just don't think there is anything there of value. Whoever is hoarding the VMA rehearsal must feel really special.

Yeah, why the fuck would they rehearsal The General on that day? And Bucket was yes wearing a mask, but a different one.

Why would Axl, a guy who never shows up for sound check, bother rehearsing "The General" at the VMA's?? From the short clips we seen, he wasn't in a great mood to begin with. I would bet a lot of money they only rehearsed the 3 songs that were in the medley. I just don't think there is anything there of value. Whoever is hoarding the VMA rehearsal must feel really special.

Yeah, not sure why people are so hyped up about the VMA rehearsal.

The fucking General.

I gotta go with Bacardi with this one. Currently the General would be worth more.

I would rather see the HOB. One of the first times Axl had done anything since the 1,000 year sabbatical.

I want to see that.

The release of CD, and the quality of the songs on it, don't really make me excited about the unreleased material that was recorded around the same time.

Why wouldn't he?

This was the first time Axl was going to be on a "big stage" and have all of pop culture's attention in forever.

I'm sure he was aware of that...and probaly fucked around with what songs he really wanted to get out there, why he had everyone's attention.

The VMA's still meant something back then. All of Hollywood was watching.

Probaly the reason he was "in a bad mood", he may have been nervous.

It wouldn't be suprised if he did a unheard song. He probaly practiced many of his "new songs", as he's gonna wanna play the one that, appeals to most his audience.