Guitar solos and oxygen breaks

Guns n' Swedes

I'm tired of reading about all this BS. Check out one complete show from..let's say 92. Axl has always run of stage during songs and in between songs. These periods were always filled with band jams, guitar solos, drum solos, or just quietness.

And yes..he had an oxygen tank back then too. There are documentaries where it says so. "No smoking. It's because of an oxygen thing."

So please stop bitchin about the past if you're gonna be hopelessly inaccurate.

I'm tired of reading about all this BS. Check out one complete show from..let's say 92. Axl has always run of stage during songs and in between songs. These periods were always filled with band jams, guitar solos, drum solos, or just quietness.

And yes..he had an oxygen tank back then too. There are documentaries where it says so. "No smoking. It's because of an oxygen thing."

So please stop bitchin about the past if you're gonna be hopelessly inaccurate.

C'mon that's impossible! Everyone knows it's because Axl's old and washed up and there's no Slash around. After all it says so in every goddamn review.

When your into the set, you barely know Axl is gone. He actually doesn't take that long getting changed.

When he played here in Oz 2007, I reckon he was off the stage for at least 40% of the total show.

He was hungover though.... :)

Yeah. At least now we don't have to listen to a shitty Matt Sorum solo.

Don't forget those pesky Christina Aguillara tributes!

Hey, those ended 3 years ago, and the solo was nice.

Not Godfather nice, but nice nonetheless.

I loved that Beautiful solo spot. The one from rock in rio 06 is magical.

I think the likely reason people complain more about Axl's stage absences during solos and whatnot has a lot more to do with who's in the band than anything else. A lot of people going to a GNR concert today aren't as familiar with Bumblefoot, Richard and DJ as they would be with Slash, Duff and Izzy. I'm not taking a swipe at the new band members as I think they're all great, it's just a different feeling when Axl leaves the stage and everyone remaining had nothing to do with the classic material.

But you're right, Axl would lead the stage just as often in the early 90s as he does now. It's just a bit more noticeable now since people aren't as familiar with DJ as they were with Slash.

Cheers,

Andrew

I think the likely reason people complain more about Axl's stage absences during solos and whatnot has a lot more to do with who's in the band than anything else. A lot of people going to a GNR concert today aren't as familiar with Bumblefoot, Richard and DJ as they would be with Slash, Duff and Izzy. I'm not taking a swipe at the new band members as I think they're all great, it's just a different feeling when Axl leaves the stage and everyone remaining had nothing to do with the classic material.

But you're right, Axl would lead the stage just as often in the early 90s as he does now. It's just a bit more noticeable now since people aren't as familiar with DJ as they were with Slash.

Cheers,

Andrew

The thing that piss me off most is that people think that Axl is losing it, that he is old so he needs to rest more nowadays.

There's only three people in history that I'd be willing to sit through a solo for.

1.) Jimi Hendrix

2.) Stevie Ray Vaughan

and

3.) Buckethead

Okay.....so.

GnR arent playing for only you, they play to an arena of people.

No, no. They play only to me.

There's only three people in history that I'd be willing to sit through a solo for.

1.) Jimi Hendrix

2.) Stevie Ray Vaughan

and

3.) Buckethead

Okay.....so.

Oh come on. Even back in the day when it was the original band, alot of people used the solo time to get another beer or take a piss.

1.) Jimi Hendrix

2.) Stevie Ray Vaughan

and

3.) Buckethead

Okay.....so.

Oh come on. Even back in the day when it was the original band, alot of people used the solo time to get another beer or take a piss.

I agree. I am a big Bumble fan though so I'm biased.