An interesting comparison

tange

Do you remember in 1991 when Gilby replaced Izzy? Nobody went nuts on Gilby for taking his place, even though it was very clear that Gilby looked and played like Izzy.

Wasn't that the same thing that people accuse DJ of doing now with Slash? Izzy left the band for the same reasons Slash did (supposedly) and no one cried and moaned about it. Hell nobody does now. Why is that?

Do you remember in 1991 when Gilby replaced Izzy? Nobody went nuts on Gilby for taking his place, even though it was very clear that Gilby looked and played like Izzy.

Wasn't that the same thing that people accuse DJ of doing now with Slash? Izzy left the band for the same reasons Slash did (supposedly) and no one cried and moaned about it. Hell nobody does now. Why is that?

DJ is the 3rd or 4th lead guitarist since Slash, that has come. Why haven't they accused Bucket or Robin of being wannabes?

The only reason people raise their eyebrows is because of the poses, the cigarette on the lips and the top hat :huh:

Slash was much more a public figure, image, and generally seen as the 'star' of the band along with Axl. Izzy was vital in the songwriting process and stuff, and an intergral part of the band, but in a much more underground way than slash ever was

DJ is the 3rd or 4th lead guitarist since Slash, that has come. Why haven't they accused Bucket or Robin of being wannabes?

The only reason people raise their eyebrows is because of the poses, the cigarette on the lips and the top hat :huh:

Well, to be fair, people have called Bucket and Robin much worse than just "Slash wannabees" so my opinion is that no matter who Axl hires, he cannot win with some people.

Because a lot of people think Slash is the best thing that ever happened to guitar...EVER.

No.

But alot of people do think that Slash is the best thing that ever happened to Axl, and I would agree with them.

Sure, as regards the blues-rock songs, I don't think either 4tus or DJ can beat him.

But once Slash left, the band direction took a u-turn and I think the current guitarists do an amazing job playing that music.

They don't quite have the tone of Slash on the old stuff, but they play it flawlessly in the way of the Chinese Democracy songs.

I know that most of Guns n' Roses don't really expect nor want that, but it is how it is :shrugs:

Gilby looked like Izzy.

is this thread real life?

Nah.Just fucking around, but he did dress very similar during the illusions tour. Although I think its fair to say that most rock and roll players "dress' a certain way. Just trying to point out how ridiculous comparing DJ to Slash is. Cigarettes, wide leg stances and a hat is not trademarked to Slash. Not to mention that DJ's hat and clothes style is very different from Slash. I'd compare DJ to Mick Mars before Slash.

Edited by tange

Gilby looked like Izzy.

Nah.Just fucking around, but he did dress very similar during the illusions tour. Although I think its fair to say that most rock and roll players "dress' a certain way. Just trying to point out how ridiculous comparing DJ to Slash is. Cigarettes, wide leg stances and a hat is not trademarked to Slash. Not to mention that DJ's hat and clothes style is very different from Slash. I'd compare DJ to Mick Mars before Slash.

If DJ did not wear a top hat nobody would say a word I think.........Slash might not be the first to wear a tophat, even he admits that, but it became part of his identity and he along with Axl were the faces of old GnR...Intentional or not, replacing Slash with another guitar player wearing a tophat is going create controversy whether it is justified or not..........

Because a lot of people think Slash is the best thing that ever happened to guitar...EVER.

No.

But alot of people do think that Slash is the best thing that ever happened to Axl, and I would agree with them.

LOLLLLLLLL PLEASE stop making me laugh!!! :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Gilby looked like Izzy.

T-Rex had the Top hat WAAAAAYY before cancer boy.

tumblr_kx6rxt5kaw1qavukro1_500.jpg

Yeah but he never played in Guns N Roses or NuGnR that is the issue

But DJ did play in Motley Crue (sorta). Well not really but yeah........I can see that. The hat is all raggedy looking though, looks like he stole it from the mad hatter. Other than the hat his style and clothes don't look like Slash to me.

Edited by tange

No.

LOLLLLLLLL PLEASE stop making me laugh!!! :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Gilby looked like Izzy.

T-Rex had the Top hat WAAAAAYY before cancer boy.

tumblr_kx6rxt5kaw1qavukro1_500.jpg

It's hard to take your posts seriously. You know, because you're such a fucking moron.

I'm pretty sure there was a bit of an uproar, not as much as when Slash left obviously, but people were still bummed.

And as far as the hat thing goes, Axl wears a hat onstage that looks a lot more like Slash's top hat than the thing DJ wears.

I will never get why people seem to dislike DJ so much. He wore that hat even before he joined GNR and yeah he smokes while playing the guitar, so what? Like someone mentioned earlier, Slash doesn't own the right to do those things. People seriously need to get over it.

Possible reasons for people disliking DJ:

-cheesy tattoos

-Hulk Hogan move

-poser, tries to copy Slash

-isn't Slash

-too much eyeliner

-fucked their girlfriend

Edited by Rovim

I will never get why people seem to dislike DJ so much. He wore that hat even before he joined GNR and yeah he smokes while playing the guitar, so what? Like someone mentioned earlier, Slash doesn't own the right to do those things. People seriously need to get over it.

or they can bitch and whine like it actually matters and anyone is listening.

or they can bitch and whine like it actually matters and anyone is listening.

Agreed. The right to whine on an internet forum is priceless to me.

Possible reasons for people disliking DJ:

-cheesy tattoos

-Hulk Hogan move

-poser, tries to copy Slash

-isn't Slash

-too much eyeliner

-fucked their girlfriend

Why are his tattoos cheesy?

Hulk Hogan move??

He is NOT copying Slash

Eyeliner is hot

Well, lucky girlfriends!