Top 3 GNR Concerts

Joeofthedragon

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

1987.06.28 Marquee, London

1988.05.09 Felt Forum, New York

1988.12.07 Nakano Sunplaza, Tokyo

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I no this has been done many times but im interested in seeing what over members fave concerts are

mine

1.Argentina 1993 last concert of the UYI tour

2.Argentina 1992

3.Ritz MTV 1988 or Rock In Rio 2 the second night

Thank you for not listing anything from this new incarnation of Axl. While some of the shows are pretty good, I think people are losing sight of just how fucking good the AFD/UYI shows were. The stuff Axl's doing now doesn't hold a candle to the real GNR shows. That said, my list:

1. Ritz 88

2. Noblesville '91

3. Argentina '93 (last show)

1. Tokyo 09

2. Argentina 93 (last show)

3. Los Angeles 2006

I no this has been done many times but im interested in seeing what over members fave concerts are

mine

1.Argentina 1993 last concert of the UYI tour

2.Argentina 1992

3.Ritz MTV 1988 or Rock In Rio 2 the second night

Thank you for not listing anything from this new incarnation of Axl. While some of the shows are pretty good, I think people are losing sight of just how fucking good the AFD/UYI shows were. The stuff Axl's doing now doesn't hold a candle to the real GNR shows. That said, my list:

1. Ritz 88

2. Noblesville '91

3. Argentina '93 (last show)

You'd be a lot more credible if you didn't list Ritz 88 first like a tool.

Marquee 1987.

Paris 1992 I suppose, with all the guests and stuff, although Chicago or Argentina that year may have in terms of performance been a better show.

And for some reason I have an incredible affection for MSG 2002 but I am sure there are old shows I have not seen or listened to in a while that in reality I would rank higher.

Never understood all the love for the Ritz. I always thought the fact that it's a pro-shot show from the Appetite line-up overshadowed the actual peformance. Still great for what it is, but I find myself listening to the Marquee show from 1987 a lot more. Great quality recording, killer performance, and very raw. Axl sounds great - his voice was pretty much gone by 1988.

So, I'd rank them something like this:

1. Marquee (1987)

2. Argentina (1992)

3. Hamilton (2010)

Argentina was a great performance, one of my favorites from the Illusion tour. Nice setlist, band sounded good, and even when Axl stops the show a couple times he doesn't fail to bring the energy back. Hamilton may be biased because I was there, but this was an absolute KILLER show from the current line-up. Amazing setlist, There Was A Time, Axl wasn't super late (as I recall, maybe 30 to 40 minutes after Bach was finished), smaller crowd that was very into it, and even more!

Only been to two shows so

1. Worcester, MA 2006

2. Boston, MA 2002

I was at both of these, but the question wasn't which shows you've been to, it was what are your favorite shows of any era. If any '02 show was your favorite, then you are hard of hearing. Axl's voice during that 'tour' was embarassingly bad. Throw in that jerkoff with the KFC tub on his head and that whole year is rather forgettable. The Worcester '06 show was pretty good only because he had most of his voice back (I was also there) but not anywhere near the top 3 shows of all time.

I think some of the '93 shows were/are underrated. Attendance figures were down, they were on their 3rd year of the UYI tour, but they had stripped out the horns and all the other stuff and played some unbelievable shows. One of the highlights for me was the fact they played songs like The Garden and Dead Horse. Truly incredible songs.