Top 3 GNR Concerts

Joeofthedragon

1. December 3rd, 2002 - Hartford, CT at Civic Center

2. September 30th, 1987 - Tor 3 in Düsseldorf, West Germany

3. a. October 5th, 2006 - San Diego, CA at iPayOne Center

3. b. June 17th, 1991 - Long Island (nassau coliseum)

I can't decide third place yet.

Edited by eduardo_gnr

1. Calgary, January 16 2010 (Because I was there)

2. Indianna 1991

3. Rock Am Ring 2006 / Melbourne 1988

Rock Am 06, Nightrain was the best! SO much energy by the band.

Cant really name top three.

1. Hammerstein NYC (the last show) I was there and fn Izzy!

Edited by batman007

Never understood all the love for the Ritz. I always thought the fact that it's a pro-shot show from the Appetite line-up overshadowed the actual peformance. Still great for what it is, but I find myself listening to the Marquee show from 1987 a lot more. Great quality recording, killer performance, and very raw. Axl sounds great - his voice was pretty much gone by 1988.

So, I'd rank them something like this:

1. Marquee (1987)

2. Argentina (1992)

3. Hamilton (2010)

Argentina was a great performance, one of my favorites from the Illusion tour. Nice setlist, band sounded good, and even when Axl stops the show a couple times he doesn't fail to bring the energy back. Hamilton may be biased because I was there, but this was an absolute KILLER show from the current line-up. Amazing setlist, There Was A Time, Axl wasn't super late (as I recall, maybe 30 to 40 minutes after Bach was finished), smaller crowd that was very into it, and even more!

See I look at it from the opposite point of view..... I can't understand why so many people slag the 88 Ritz show as it was actually pretty decent.....It is not the greatest show for the AFD lineup but it was not bad and it was very early in 88 before Axl started having problems with his voice. When I saw them with Aerosmith in Mansfield twice in August 88 and Axl's voice was completely shot but I went as much to see Aerosmith so the shows were decent considering.........I am sure the fact that it has a great proshot video to watch helps but really it is not a bad performance

I see what you mean. Like I said, it's by no means a bad show, I just think there's much better shows from this era. The fact that it's pro-shot video and readily available is what makes me believe that many people automatically rank it among the best.

Axl does sound fine at it, as it was before he totally lost his voice that year (Monsters of Rock was downright horrible in terms of his voice) but I still don't think it's at his best. Also, Slash seems really out of it. For the most part the band is quite on but Slash just seems uninspired at this show. Not his usual playing that's for sure, and this is coming from a huge Slash fan.

Never understood all the love for the Ritz. I always thought the fact that it's a pro-shot show from the Appetite line-up overshadowed the actual peformance. Still great for what it is, but I find myself listening to the Marquee show from 1987 a lot more. Great quality recording, killer performance, and very raw. Axl sounds great - his voice was pretty much gone by 1988.

1. Marquee (1987)

2. Argentina (1992)

3. Hamilton (2010)

Argentina was a great performance, one of my favorites from the Illusion tour. Nice setlist, band sounded good, and even when Axl stops the show a couple times he doesn't fail to bring the energy back. Hamilton may be biased because I was there, but this was an absolute KILLER show from the current line-up. Amazing setlist, There Was A Time, Axl wasn't super late (as I recall, maybe 30 to 40 minutes after Bach was finished), smaller crowd that was very into it, and even more!

See I look at it from the opposite point of view..... I can't understand why so many people slag the 88 Ritz show as it was actually pretty decent.....It is not the greatest show for the AFD lineup but it was not bad and it was very early in 88 before Axl started having problems with his voice. When I saw them with Aerosmith in Mansfield twice in August 88 and Axl's voice was completely shot but I went as much to see Aerosmith so the shows were decent considering.........I am sure the fact that it has a great proshot video to watch helps but really it is not a bad performance

I see what you mean. Like I said, it's by no means a bad show, I just think there's much better shows from this era. The fact that it's pro-shot video and readily available is what makes me believe that many people automatically rank it among the best.

Axl does sound fine at it, as it was before he totally lost his voice that year (Monsters of Rock was downright horrible in terms of his voice) but I still don't think it's at his best. Also, Slash seems really out of it. For the most part the band is quite on but Slash just seems uninspired at this show. Not his usual playing that's for sure, and this is coming from a huge Slash fan.

As far as AFD era performances go, Ritz 88 was poor, lyrics were missed, band was sloppy, and it just didn't represent how great the band was live at the time

Marquee 87, Felt Forum 88 are for me some of the best shows of that era/lineup.

Hell, even the shows opening for the Stones were better than Ritz.

As far as AFD era performances go, Ritz 88 was poor, lyrics were missed, band was sloppy, and it just didn't represent how great the band was live at the time

Marquee 87, Felt Forum 88 are for me some of the best shows of that era/lineup.

Hell, even the shows opening for the Stones were better than Ritz.

this this this this this

1. Marquee (1987)

2. Argentina (1992)

3. Hamilton (2010)

I don't see anyone saying the show was bad, but as Paul Stanley said, the fact that it is pro-shot and a very cool recording really does overshadow the quality of the performance. Again, I'm not saying the perfomance is bad, because it's absolutely not, but if anyone says that Ritz '88 is the best Guns N' Roses show ever, they are obviously only ranking it that high because it's pro-shot.

You have to remember when you're at the show, your memory of how it sounds is different when you eventually see or hear the bootleg of it, or if it was filmed professionally.

To me the best show I saw was Nassau 1991, only because UYI wasn't out yet.

Seen them at other shows, but that one stands out.