Producers for next Guns album

Vincent Vega

What does producer do? Rubin just seems to have an idea, bob rock seems to be a slave driver. Clink did good job on Crues New Tattoo.

Danny Saber would be cool he did Bridges to Babylon.

I think all they do is tell you when the song is finished. It's more important to find somebody good to mix it, imo.

Edited by ITW 2012

I'd like to see what Trent Reznor would do, though he and Axl don't seem to

be on the best of terms.

Bob rock hasn't done anything great since the black album.

Rick Rubin has sound issues; death magnetic and californication sound HORRIBLE; very compressed.

In all likelihood Axl will produce the next album with DJ

Edited by axl666

True if they fuck up the mix doesn't matter who produced it.

I guess the producer has a way of recording in some cases or shotguns under the desk like Phil specter.

Bob rock always gets a big loud sound.

Next record should be like an Ode to LA.

City of Angels - Guns N Roses

If we're talking Chinese Dempcracy: part 2, then I think the production is done for it. Fresh material - Axl n' Ashba can pull it off, maybe with some help from a few people that worked on CD.

I think Axl learned a lot about producing and is now a lot more capable of doing a lot of those things by himself, getting the sounds he wants.

I'd go with this. If Dj and Nicki Sixx can make The Heroin Diaries and Saints of Los Angeles , Dj and Axl could do it.

Edited by J Dog

• 3 weeks later...

be on the best of terms.

Huh? I didn't know that. Could you post a link for this or something? I thought they were never in any relationship (friendly or hostile) really.

I don't have an idea about who should produce the album. I think Axl will play a big role again, perhaps DJ too.

be on the best of terms.

Huh? I didn't know that. Could you post a link for this or something? I thought they were never in any relationship (friendly or hostile) really.

I don't have an idea about who should produce the album. I think Axl will play a big role again, perhaps DJ too.

Give me Tom Zutaut and Mike Clink. Those guys have a history of getting music out. Those guys along with Axl and DJ would be interesting.

be on the best of terms.

Trent attacking Axl:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=149755

be on the best of terms.

Trent attacking Axl:

Oh. I had no idea. Thx. Kinda sad - they both belong to my group of favourite musicians :tongue2:

be on the best of terms.

Trent attacking Axl:

I didn't think what he said was an attack. What Weiland wrote was an attack.

Rick Rubin NO FUCKEN WAY. His production is very loud and has distortion(not in a good way) and clipping because its mixed wayyyy too high. Overly compressed.

Bob Rock would be ok if he didn't act like he was a member of the band(he was like the 5th member of Metallica for 15 years...), gets good sound though(except St Anger..)

How about Butch Vig from Garbage? He did a few Smashing Pumpkins records which came out nice, i think he also did Nevermind too.

be on the best of terms.

Rick Rubin has sound issues; death magnetic and californication sound HORRIBLE; very compressed.

Rubin didn't mix either of those albums...

EDIT: I redirect this to the person above me too. Rubin PRODUCED these albums, he didn't engineer or mix them. Other people mixed them, and it was probably their decision to overly compress them. I don't think a lot of people here know exactly what the producers role is... Their job is to realize the artist's vision within the budget. They're basically a supervisor for the album, and rarely act as the mix engineer as well. The mix engineer (sometimes also the producer, sometimes multiple of them are on a project) are the ones who actually mix the record.

Edited by mr. orangestone

be on the best of terms.

Rubin didn't mix either of those albums...

EDIT: I redirect this to the person above me too. Rubin PRODUCED these albums, he didn't engineer or mix them. Other people mixed them, and it was probably their decision to overly compress them. I don't think a lot of people here know exactly what the producers role is... Their job is to realize the artist's vision within the budget. They're basically a supervisor for the album, and rarely act as the mix engineer as well. The mix engineer (sometimes also the producer, sometimes multiple of them are on a project) are the ones who actually mix the record.

While you are mostly correct(Rubin was more of an "adviser" on the album), they typically use the same people over and over again to mix/master the album. Hence why EVERY Red Hot Chilli Peppers album(produced by Rubin), is overly compressed. Hell all the albums with his name on them is overly compressed(maybe not earlier albums). Im glad he copped flak for the production, it was long overdue.