Nick Sterling's GNR connection?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I saw Bach play at the Local 269. After, we were all hanging out after the show in the basement, and I met Nick, he is actually pretty shy, but since I play guitar we connected on that, he is really cool, and so is the other guitarist who been with Bach, and Bach, well he's the man!!

Here's me with Bach and his wife Marcia

44963_1534873386075_1662049677_31263656_4456175_n.jpg

I actually had a few drunk dudes going up telling me good job after the show, they thought I was Nick haha!!

This was the NYC warm up show BTW.

Edited by Shackler118

I think it was Bumblefoot who said that he was a family friend who was around at the time the band was getting together to rehearse and find a new guitarist. Being a friend, Ron invited Nick to jam with them and once that word got out it was immediately assumed that Nick tried out for the position. I believe Bumble confirmed that this was not the case - he just invited him to jam. Obviously Bach liked what he saw.

I saw Bach play at the Local 269. After, we were all hanging out after the show in the basement, and I met Nick, he is actually pretty shy, but since I play guitar we connected on that, he is really cool, and so is the other guitarist who been with Bach, and Bach, well he's the man!!

I actually had a few drunk dudes going up telling me good job after the show, they thought I was Nick haha!!

I had to do a double take thought that was Nick not you n that pic :lol: awesome

You can tell even on stage he is super shy. He didn't even look up. He can really play though but wouldn't fit into GNR well not yet. Glad he lost the uber long blonde hair he looked like a girl :confused:

Seems like he's some sort of child prodigy, been playing since he was a dot.

Any connection with VR I saw pics of him with Slash?

I had to do a double take thought that was Nick not you n that pic :lol: awesome

Haha you see? I think even Bach gave me a stare onstage!!

@Manets: Ooops, musta hit C by accident, my blunder!!

I...just wanna say that Nick Sterling is a fantastic guitarist.

Great playing, great tone, and looks like a down to earth kid.

Hope he eventually makes it even bigger someday ! :thumbsup:

If it weren't for his age, I wouldn't have minded if Axl had hired him...

( as much as I think DJ Ashba is a breath of fresh air and a very good rock guitarist, Nick is the best player out of the two )

I...just wanna say that Nick Sterling is a fantastic guitarist.

Great playing, great tone, and looks like a down to earth kid.

Hope he eventually makes it even bigger someday ! :thumbsup:

If it weren't for his age, I wouldn't have minded if Axl had hired him...

( as much as I think DJ Ashba is a breath of fresh air and a very good rock guitarist, Nick is the best player out of the two )

Yeah he is great. He has been playing since a very young age which is awesome.

He's one of those players that makes it look oh so easy.