3 years later, Stuck inside and Bach in the saddle are still awesome.

ColdHeartBreaker

All I can really say is the ending of “Stuck Inside” where we figured out where he would sing, and then he wrote what he was going to sing. And then he just ... his voice is just ... I thought he was done when he sang the part where I’m solo, where the riff stops and it’s just me a-cappella. I thought he was just going to double that up with me, and then he just soared up to this crazy ass note, like a demon. You can hear it, it’s on there. That’s the one we kept. And it’s so eerie sounding, and it’s so evil. It sounds so evil to me! That’s what I dig about it.

Axl sounds demonic throughout the song, really creepy but in a cool way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGy7n8rHZxo

The Aerosmith cover just rocks, superb vocal exchanges between rose and bach, again. Really fun track, beast of an intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNBL4Jjxq3s

I made this thread because I started listening to Angel Down again, specifically these 2 tracks with Axl on. (There is another, Love is a Bachslap but it's not one of my favourites.) If there's any newer fans this could serve as a new cool thing to find.

3 years later, what do you guys think of Axl's contributions to Angel down?

Axl and Baz are probly my to favorite vocalist for one main reason they both have very powerfull singing vocals. I maybe bias but i feel Axls voice has faired better as they have gotten older. Neither have the high end that they had back in there hay day. I am not just talking studio work the live shows too. And Axl can make his voice sound so many different ways and he seems to do it without effert, just love those screams and howls! He always seems to put them in just the perfect place.

I think they complament each other very well when singing together.

Edited by bigcountry

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Axl and Baz are probly my to favorite vocalist for one main reason they both have very powerfull singing vocals. I maybe bias but i feel Axls voice has faired better as they have gotten older. Neither have the high end that they had back in there hay day. I am not just talking studio work the live shows too.

I think they complament each other very well when singing together.

i watched an early Skid Row video on youtube recently and was shocked at just how much Bachs voice has changed.

Not that I think these songs are better than those on Chinese Democracy but...............why does the recording, production, and vocals sound so much more professional than the inconsistent recordings we got on CD?

CD only took 15+ years to make.

Edited by Bailey15

I absolutely love their version of 'Back in the Saddle'. Truth be told, I like Axl's vocals better on this album than some of the 'Chinese Democracy' cuts. As great as 'IRS' is, imagine it with newer, post-'99 vocals, ala 'Angel Down'...

I like both songs, but maybe with the first that's only because Axl sings in it. Axl's long scream in the first song is really awesome!

However, I find myself listening to only his voice and Bach voice is kind of in the background for me, instead of the other way around.

Edited by MBRose

Gotta love these tracks.

It was a blast when they both sang My Michelle. I heard it a few times in Toronto over the past few years.

Absolutely Amazing!

I couldnt find a Toronto video. They were here in January of this year.

Anyone have a Toronto video?