The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those still not finding a working link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-yh6SriAjdE#!

It looks pretty intense. Anne Hathaway's line sounds like some 99% stuff. Im not sure how I feel about the football field scene. Looked a little hokey at first. All in all though it looks like Tom Hardy will kick ass as bane.

If you wanna really nerd out, here is a link to the 6 minute prologue of TDKR that is playing before Mission Impossible. It's not good quality but you can make it out

http://www.twitvid.com/YCC56

might be tough to top TDK, but dogshit it won't be, ye can be sure of that.

I'm not sure it will be tough, it looks great.Tom Hardy as Bane is inspired, finally a villain with real physical presence.

yeah,but Bane is one Batman's weakest villians, in terms of Q ratings. Not trying to be negative, but Batman has so many great villains and I think if you do Bane you HAVE TO DO the Knightfall story (Which is great).

I'm not sure it will be tough, it looks great.Tom Hardy as Bane is inspired, finally a villain with real physical presence.

yeah,but Bane is one Batman's weakest villians, in terms of Q ratings. Not trying to be negative, but Batman has so many great villains and I think if you do Bane you HAVE TO DO the Knightfall story (Which is great).

I'm very new to batman Sunny,never read comics or back stories so my opinion is more that of a general viewer than a fan. To be honest I only really enjoyed TDK, previous films did nothing for me. I do happen to be a big Hardy fan so it's a bonus for me but I would have seen it based on enjoying TDK.

You're entitled to your opinion but this looks like a campy-as-shit Michael Bay movie.

Far cry from the gloriousness that was Batman Begins.

This is my opinion right now too.

The scene with the football field collapsing just looked silly, and I have always prefered Begins over TDK.

I even think Cillian as Scarecrow > Heath Ledger as the Joker. But I think the production of Begins just overwhelmed TDK as a whole.

Begins felt like a real reinvisioning of Batman. TDK felt like just another super hero movie. I often skip all of the scenes except for the ones with Ledger when I rewatch that film.

Nail on the head.

Nolan's Batman films have been pure shite.

We've seen a trailer so far. Not just a trailer, but a trailer that's attached to Sherlock Holmes. OF COURSE IT LOOKS CAMPY! A campy trailer is how you sell a movie. I have high hopes for this one. All we've seen so far is Bane and 5sec of Catwoman. I think this movie has a lot to it that the trailer, prologue, etc. are keeping from us.

I like the offical trailer, idk about the 6min trailer though. Maybe because of the crappy quality. I am sure Nolan will end this right. I remember when we first found out that the guy from broke back is going to be the joker, most thought it would be shit. And look how that turned out.

I'm not a huge Batman fan. I enjoyed the first two Nolan films but so far this trailer isn't doing anything for me. I'll see it regardless, but it'll be hard to top the previous two.

Very hard. It doesnt have to top them, as long as its awesome and has a good ending to the story.

We've seen a trailer so far. Not just a trailer, but a trailer that's attached to Sherlock Holmes. OF COURSE IT LOOKS CAMPY! A campy trailer is how you sell a movie. I have high hopes for this one. All we've seen so far is Bane and 5sec of Catwoman. I think this movie has a lot to it that the trailer, prologue, etc. are keeping from us.

I reject your premise but no the campiness is systemic throughout the entire plot and movie.

E.G.: Exploding football field with horrid CG

E.G.: "A storm is coming" dialogue

Begins felt like a real reinvisioning of Batman. TDK felt like just another super hero movie. I often skip all of the scenes except for the ones with Ledger when I rewatch that film.

Just another super hero movie? Come on man. That's too extreme.

Can't accept the "just another super hero movie" line. I've seen a lot of them and they're not as thought-provoking or well done as this.

Joker was a cerebral villain who came off like he was just a "dog chasing cars", fooling everybody to fall right into his plan. And Ledger's performance as the Joker is one of the best performances of all time.

That and you have a Shakespearean level tragedy with the rise and fall of Harvey Dent. All in all, it was a complex crime drama under the veil of a superhero movie.

Batman Begins had slow competent pacing and was more down to earth than TDK but I enjoy the tonal change. They're two different movies with different themes, in different periods of time. It should feel different.

That's one of my biggest gripes about TDKR - it looks like they're picking a little from both movies instead of exploring new territory again.

Edited by Brodie

it was never "another superhero movie". It was the best one of those ever made. The gold standard.

disagree.

Superman.

Which one? And no! I hope The Man Of Steel will bring a fresh start to Superman. Its time already.

Edited by batman007

it was never "another superhero movie". It was the best one of those ever made. The gold standard.

disagree.

Superman.

I will agree that the first Reevs' movie is the best Superman flick. Great casting helped. Fucking Brando, Hackman etc.

Still remember seeing it in the theater, playing it out with my kid friends and collecting the Topps cards.

Getting old is like being a time traveler, barring you have the powers of recollection.