The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the worst of the 3, but it's still a good movie. Bunch of people came out saying the ending was shocking. Fucking morons.

it reminded me of the ending to a certain graphic novel i love, so i totally dug the ending

Edited by ZoSoRose

Probably the worst of the 3, but it's still a good movie. Bunch of people came out saying the ending was shocking. Fucking morons.

it reminded me of the ending to a certain graphic novel i love, so i totally dug the ending

The ending was nothing special at all to me since it was damn cheesy at times, then just exactly what one should expect the rest of the time. They ended it the way they were supposed to, but the execution was pretty lame imo. The whole movie feels like it could have been done better. Bane works, but they could have come up with a way more interesting way for him to endanger Gotham.

I just got back! Driving over there, was like driving to a rock concert. Meaning, excited! As you can tell Batman is my favorite character in history. Everyone envolved did a fantastic job! I was really looking forward on Anne Hathaway delivering a fantastic job. And she did do that indeed! It had the perfect twist and perfect ending! I don't want to write too much about it, and run the risk of spoiling anything. So, as a fan of the comics, good job Nolan! :thumbsup: I will be going again tomorrow. One word,RISE!

Edited by batman007

I just got back! Driving over there, was like driving to a rock concert. Meaning, excited! As you can tell Batman is my favorite character in history. Everyone envolved did a fantastic job! I was really looking forward on Anne Hathaway delivering a fantastic job. And she did do that indeed! It had the perfect twist and perfect ending! I don't want to write too much about it, and run the risk of spoiling anything. So, as a fan of the comics, good job Nolan! :thumbsup: I will be going again tomorrow. One word,RISE!

Perfect twist? The twist meant nothing at all. And the plot of the ending was exactly how it was supposed to be, but the execution was terrible. Just plain cheesy.

hey, glad you liked it! it was so amazing. would have loved to see an owl flying in it for a cameo.... if you read the comics that is

Perfect twist? The twist meant nothing at all. And the plot of the ending was exactly how it was supposed to be, but the execution was terrible. Just plain cheesy.

To you. That is your opinion and probably others. But guess what? Tons of people enjoyed it. You see, I am opened minded, and know everything has an opinion. But don't write like if your OPINION is what really matters, because to me it doesn't . And because some thought it was shocking they are morons? Why? Just because they don't have your state of mind. And I not writing this because I enjoyed the movie. Has nothing to do with it. I could care less if people hate it. You may like things that you think are "cool", but suck to others. It's funny how close minded people think what they think is what counts. ::popcorn:

Edited by batman007

I really enjoyed the 2/3 of it but the final part was a bit meh.

Most notably the large crowd of cops running at dudes with machineguns despite the cops also having guns. Sorry, but that's fucking stupid. Also wasn't a big fan of Batman's survival, I'd have preferred it if he just KO'd Bane and was like, yep, game, I'm out rather than faking his own death.

Otherwise, good movie.

It had so much to live up to, and it did for the most part. I truly enjoyed the film for what it was, but the faults stood out much more prominently this time.

-A confusing subplot about the overthrow of Wayne Enterprise that gets abandoned after the first act

-A relentlessly plodding second act with corner to corner exposition

-A slight bit of artificiality in the emotional final act

Plus...

How and when did Bane die? I attended a theater where alcohol was served, and I was pretty sauced up by the film's end, but for the life of me, I just don't remember his character getting any special send-off. It was like he disappeared...The heavyset guy sitting next to me said something about Catwoman shooting him, but I must have missed that by blinking.

I definitely need to see it at least two more times before I can give it a proper judgment.

Did anyone else think the end scene with Alfred seeing Bruce in Paris was dumb?

Nope

I'm not asking your opinion, I'm asking people who don't have Nolan's head up their asses

Which I don't . You asked and my answer wasn't good enough because it didn't agree with you. Meaning you are close minded. Only your opinions count. Lame! :thumbsdown: Next time just be blunt, and write... People that only agree with me can respond, prick! :jerkoff:

It had so much to live up to, and it did for the most part. I truly enjoyed the film for what it was, but the faults stood out much more prominently this time.

-A confusing subplot about the overthrow of Wayne Enterprise that gets abandoned after the first act

-A relentlessly plodding second act with corner to corner exposition

-A slight bit of artificiality in the emotional final act

Plus...

How and when did Bane die? I attended a theater where alcohol was served, and I was pretty sauced up by the film's end, but for the life of me, I just don't remember his character getting any special send-off. It was like he disappeared...The heavyset guy sitting next to me said something about Catwoman shooting him, but I must have missed that by blinking.

I definitely need to see it at least two more times before I can give it a proper judgment.

Catwoman shot him with the Bat-Pod cannon right afterTallia revealed herself. It was really fast and stupid.

Nope

I'm not asking your opinion, I'm asking people who don't have Nolan's head up their asses

Which I don't . You asked and my answer wasn't good enough because it didn't agree with you. Meaning you are close minded. Only your opinions count. Lame! :thumbsdown: Next time just be blunt, and write... People that only agree with me can respond, prick! :jerkoff:

Actually I don't care what you think because I already know.

Because your head is up Nolan's ass.

I thought it damn fine. A better film overall in many respects than Dark Knight, but lacking a character/performance as formidable as Ledger's Joker. Having said that, Hathaway and JGL both warrant spin-off franchises. Bane was certainly as menacing as the villians in these things ever are, but also incredibly boring. 7/10.

Nope

Actually I don't care what you think because I already know.

Because your head is up Nolan's ass.

You already said that. Just because you like someone's work doesnt mean you are obsessed. Go outside and expand your mind.

The first half hour was really bad, but honestly, the rest of it was really well-written, and the ending was the right way to end the franchise, honestly. Bane was kind of boring compared to the Joker, though.

All-in-all, it was better than The Dark Knight. I do wish there was something Joker-ish going on, but I realize it's pretty much impossible to deliver acting as good as Ledger's was in TDK.