The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

The tone was just a repeat of the last movie. It only worked the first time. I didnt feel invested at all. Some of the parts when they were going for real epic serious moments I found myself laughing out loud.

The plot was thoughtless, and half assed. You could tell the guys probably never even watched the 70s version of the show as a kid, he just knew he could draw profit by ripping off these characters.

ooo big bad guys gonna blow up the city how fucking original.

Robin was my biggest problem with this. that was the final straw that inspired this rant.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you that the nuclear bomb plot was very cheap.

But the this is not a movie where the interest and emotional connection derives from the framework of the movie, it's about the way you feel for the characters and their actions.

So the nuclear bomb was really irrelevant, it could have been anything. The bomb was a tool to continue the story's progression.

Also I can see that you're a retard or a cupcake, so I'm going to let this one go.

And youre a gay fag douchenozzle, we all have our little problems. Im just a critic.

He did do a good job with the whole emotional connections to the characters, thats about all he was going for. That doesnt make it a good movie.

I am implying that he could have done exactly that and made it just as good.... WITHOUT completely fucking it up.

you are the cupcake here sir. I am merely giving this an honest review.

Comic books and movies, two totally different art forms. You can't just plainly convert comics into films, you need to chance a few things so that the movie makes sense and is interesting for people who don't read comics.

I loved the movie. Blew my mind. I still love Begins the most, but TDK and TDKR are equally good.

And agree with everything NG said pretty much, Space Monkey you seem to forget there is no one unified origin story/ universe for Batman, there are several and this is Nolan's interpretation on it much like the Arkham games are an interpretation, the Burton Schumacher films are an interpretation and the Animated Series was an interpretation.

I mean in Burton's Batman it was the Joker that killed Bruce's parents, if you want to bitch about ruining origins that should be near the top of your list.

And agree with everything NG said pretty much, Space Monkey you seem to forget there is no one unified origin story/ universe for Batman, there are several and this is Nolan's interpretation on it much like the Arkham games are an interpretation, the Burton Schumacher films are an interpretation and the Animated Series was an interpretation.

I mean in Burton's Batman it was the Joker that killed Bruce's parents, if you want to bitch about ruining origins that should be near the top of your list.

This is true there are so many alternate timelines and universes, it is almost impossible to fuck it up.

The arkham games made the comics and batman beyond impossible but I still enjoyed it, they stayed relevant to what it is.

The characters were still themselves, not half assed knock offs.

Tim Burtons Joker killing his parents was wrong. But as a stand alone movie its no worse.

They also killed him off in the same movie of his origin. But yes very good point.

But they still managed to keep in the tank of acid story and his real name, Jack Napier.

the rest of you are all a bunch of bitches stop attacking me for having an opinion. assholes.

This is true there are so many alternate timelines and universes, it is almost impossible to fuck it up.

The arkham games made the comics and batman beyond impossible but I still enjoyed it, they stayed relevant to what it is.

The characters were still themselves, not half assed knock offs.

Tim Burtons Joker killing his parents was wrong. But as a stand alone movie its no worse.

They also killed him off in the same movie of his origin. But yes very good point.

But they still managed to keep in the tank of acid story and his real name, Jack Napier.

the rest of you are all a bunch of bitches stop attacking me for having an opinion. assholes.

I just don't really have a problem with it due to the whole Universe thing, the Nolan films are closed in tone to Batman Year One, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Returns where as the Schumacher films were similar to the 60's tv show.

Finally despite his problems Bane from Dark Knight Rises is far superior to Bane from Batman and Robin

...did you not catch that Nolan's Bane was a combination of Bane and Talia al Ghul's bodyguard?

Look, this is Nolan telling a story with Bob Kane's characters. The degree with which he stuck with the true tone and nature of the best comics in the batman cannon is astounding and Christopher Nolan should be commended for doing so. No this wasn't the best of the series, but it far from sucked.

...though the nuclear bomb plot annoyed the shit out of me. It's a shame we'll never get to see what Nolan really wanted to do with the joker.

And youre a gay fag douchenozzle, we all have our little problems. Im just a critic.

He did do a good job with the whole emotional connections to the characters, thats about all he was going for. That doesnt make it a good movie.

Tension and drama in a movie are the result of us having an emotional attachment to the protagonist and a desire for him/her to succeed.

Having relatable characters that overcome obstacles is certainly what makes a good movie. If we don't care about the characters, then we don't care about the situations they are in, and therefore we don't care about the movie.

Successfully having your audience connect emotionally to a film is EXACTLY what makes a movie enjoyable.

Now for the real middle finger. Who was this stupid nobody cop throw in character they decided to focus more of the movie on than batman himself? Was it Dick Grayson? NOPE! Jason Todd? NOPE! Tim Drake? NOPE!

Anybody know who those guys are? Theyre all Robin. 3 dudes to choose from there. Who the fucks this guy?

Some half assed throw in character named John Blake.

Yes, a lot of people do. That's why they called the character John Blake. Because if he'd been called Dick Grayson everybody would've known he was Robin before the film even started.

If you went into The Dark Knight Rises expecting a faithful adaptation of the (terrible) 70's TV show then I really don't know what to say. Since Begins it's been clear that Nolan's Batman is a complete re-imagining with the supernatural/unrealistic parts of Batman lore often disguised in plain sight - like the Lazarus Pit metaphor.

Why's everybody getting so damn emotional about it?

...says the guy who typed up the furious wall of text.

that name was made up for the movie, it's never been used in canon has it? Only other time I saw it was on a screen in BTAS, in one episode.

Anyway, kickass movie. Great ending.

Edited by moreblack

it really was a great way to end the trilogy, not gunna lie though I can't help but think had heath ledger not overdosed on sleeping pills I'm sure there would have been some major differences

He would of definitely been in this one. That would be crazy!