The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

Looks terrible.

I never liked Heath Ledgers Joker. The movie just got overpraised cause he died, in fact I think he was the worst Joker Ive ever seen, the guy would have done an excellent job playing 2-face instead that would have suited him way more. The guy who played 2-face was boring as fuck and they killed him off. He spent 2/3rds of the movie as harvey dent and they just kill him off. gay.

On top of that they just fucked up jokers character. He's just some guy who decided to put on clown makeup and be the Joker nobody knows who he is and hes got no back story. Sorry no that's unacceptable.

Joker is a man named Jack Napier. He was a failed comedian who used to work at the Ace Chemical plant. He was gonna do the mob a favor for some cash cause he was a poor bastard then his wife died. But he had to do the mob job anyway or theyd have killed him. He dresses up as the Red Hood (Who the second Robin Jason Todd eventually comes after hes killed by Joker and brought back to life by Raa's Al Ghul) he wasnt a real criminal, Batman shows up, he stumbles into a tank of acid, Batman didnt save him and his skin is turned white and hair green. That aint fuckin makeup! And you wanna know how he got those scars? HE FUCKING DIDNT! there are no scars! Just Christopher Nolan trying to be deep. No scars. No makeup. Jack Napier gets pushed into a tank of acid. There ya go. If you were wondering if he had a real backstory there it is. Dont believe me? look it up.

Heath Ledger was stupid. MARK HAMILL FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now about this new movie. It has some slight chance to redeem itself but I doubt thats gonna happen. Bane sucks. I havent even seen it and already Bane sucks. Why is he the same size as everybody else?

Hes supposed to be a huge muscle bound steroid monkey almost as big as killer cros, this is some asshole in a hannibal mask created by Nolan. None of the characters actually resemble the actual characters, this is like its own unique universe. Good enough movies but theyre just all wrong!

Also The guy playing Batman.... PERFECT Bruce Wayne. Very well done. But his voice as Batman pisses me right off. "I DONT WEAR HOCKEY PADS!!!!!!!"

Shut the fuck up!

This could be an interesting movie. Bane was a boring choice though. Catwoman you could kinda see coming. I hear some weird things about Robin at the end but the name theyre using for him is probably the name of the actual actor cause I havent heard Dick Grayson get mentioned at all. Thats the first Robin. Is it even really him?

Also I heard they were casting Robin Williams to play Hugo Strange. But unfortunately I heard that was a false rumor, could have completely redeemed the series as he would have done an excellent job as Strange and that would have made an amazing movie.

I dont know about this one though. Begins was great, Dark Knight they fucked up on too many things and this one looks pretty bad. Is it better than Dark Knight?

Edited by supersillyspacemonkey

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks terrible.

I never liked Heath Ledgers Joker. The movie just got overpraised cause he died, in fact I think he was the worst Joker Ive ever seen, the guy would have done an excellent job playing 2-face instead that would have suited him way more. The guy who played 2-face was boring as fuck and they killed him off. He spent 2/3rds of the movie as harvey dent and they just kill him off. gay.

On top of that they just fucked up jokers character. He's just some guy who decided to put on clown makeup and be the Joker nobody knows who he is and hes got no back story. Sorry no that's unacceptable.

Joker is a man named Jack Napier. He was a failed comedian who used to work at the Ace Chemical plant. He was gonna do the mob a favor for some cash cause he was a poor bastard then his wife died. But he had to do the mob job anyway or theyd have killed him. He dresses up as the Red Hood (Who the second Robin Jason Todd eventually comes after hes killed by Joker and brought back to life by Raa's Al Ghul) he wasnt a real criminal, Batman shows up, he stumbles into a tank of acid, Batman didnt save him and his skin is turned white and hair green. That aint fuckin makeup! And you wanna know how he got those scars? HE FUCKING DIDNT! there are no scars! Just Christopher Nolan trying to be deep. No scars. No makeup. Jack Napier gets pushed into a tank of acid. There ya go. If you were wondering if he had a real backstory there it is. Dont believe me? look it up.

Now about this new movie. It has some slight chance to redeem itself but I doubt thats gonna happen. Bane sucks. I havent even seen it and already Bane sucks. Why is he the same size as everybody else?

Hes supposed to be a huge muscle bound steroid monkey almost as big as killer cros, this is some asshole in a hannibal mask created by Nolan. None of the characters actually resemble the actual characters, this is like its own unique universe. Good enough movies but theyre just all wrong!

Also The guy playing Batman.... PERFECT Bruce Wayne. Very well done. But his voice as Batman pisses me right off. "I DONT WEAR HOCKEY PADS!!!!!!!"

Shut the fuck up!

This could be an interesting movie. Bane was a boring choice though. Catwoman you could kinda see coming. I hear some weird things about Robin at the end but the name theyre using for him is probably the name of the actual actor cause I havent heard Dick Grayson get mentioned at all. Thats the first Robin. Is it even really him?

Also I heard they were casting Robin Williams to play Hugo Strange. But unfortunately I heard that was a false rumor, could have completely redeemed the series as he would have done an excellent job as Strange and that would have made an amazing movie.

I dont know about this one though. Begins was great, Dark Knight they fucked up on too many things and this one looks pretty bad. Is it better than Dark Knight?

These aren't comic book movies. They are serious films that happen to star a comic book hero. All the villains are made to be plausible in real life. That's why Joker has makeup, Bane isn't full of venom, and Ghul dies. Nolan wasn't trying to please comic book nerds, there is no pleasing them anyways.

Looks terrible.

Shut the fuck up!

These movies aren't supposed to be exactly like the comics, where's the fun in that? The fact that the Joker wasn't introduced the same way as he was in the comic was kind of the point, Nolan is basically just taking Bob Kane's characters and creating his own modern universe for them. I guess you can prepare to hate TDKR because the only similarity between Bane's character in the movie and the comic is that he's ripped and he wears a mask. seriously though if you're really a fan of batman go see it and make up your own mind, hopefully without looking for every fault and inaccuracy you can possibly find... normally I'm the guy complaining about over bloated huge budget projects but it really is a damn good film

I see what you guys are saying, he was going for his own take on the story and thats totally fine.

I just dont like it when they fuck up story too much.

He did an ok job with the characters but I've noticed in like every single superhero movie this is something thats always bothered me.

They'll introduce a main villian in their origin story sometimes they get it perfectly right sometimes they dont, whatever..... Than they kill him off in the SAME movie!

WTF!?? It's not like they ever do a 5 years later kinda thing where they leave an open possibility for the majority of the franchise to continue existing like the comics and cartoons.

2-face is a perfect example of this as for most of the movie he wasnt even 2-face! If they made his origin story in Batman Begins and had 2-face killed off in Dark Knight that would have been much better.

And I dont believe Ghul actually died, I mean the guys over 600 years old he can survive a little train crash.

It doesnt matter that he was going for a more "realistic take" on the villians, theres nothing realistic about this fiction in the first place, the cartoons are more realistic than the live action 70s tv show and better than all the movies combined. Thats no excuse to completely fuck up the story because you want to be unique and artsy and do your own take on somebodys already created character. If he wanted to be so unique why not just create a new character for this story of his that is clearly not really batman?

I know it doesnt really bother anybody who's not a fan of these shows but it matters.

Nolan fucked up, his movies are shitty. Thats true.

You can modernize the story and still at least try to keep it accurate, it would be more fun to see the stories youve grown up with as a child all your life being put to live action on the big screen than to watch some douchebags own version of it who probably never even watched it. Thats not always the specific case with these movies, Im being more hard on them than I need to be because im thinking of...... another movie..... A movie which has made.... mistakes..... mistakes that should not be repeated. Yes. I will speak its name only once.

I am talking about..... the dragonball movie. Dragonball evolution. Is anybody going to defend that...... shitload of fuckshit???

Didnt think so! Did you think the guy who made the matrix had such a cool modernized original universe to be made out of that?

Or would you have rather seen a real dragonball Z movie?

Now the difference here is that the batman movies standing alone are in fact really good movies but if after watching them you get into batman youll eventually find those movies suck ass.

I dont even think its worth seeing as big a batman fan as I am if Robin Williams isnt even really in it playing Hugo Strange. Now taht would have been awesome! Instead we get a half assed Bane.

What a boring choice! Of all the villians they could have used! Mad Hatter would have been a better choice!

Im just saying story accuracy DOES matter. Just look at the dragonball movie. Look at that piece of shit. No you dont have to actually watch it we all know its the worst thing to come out of the human existance ever period.

But if you just dont give a fuck about the original story and just try to make up your own thing ripping off other peoples characters its a big sell out middle finger to all the real fans of the series thats all.

Spacemonkey I could see where you were coming from if there was only one unified Batman Universe but there are several different takes on the character in the comics, films and tv series and all of them handle it differently. For the films to be "faithful" then they have to follow the original comic and nothing else which is not possible, this is a different more realistic take on Batman. You have the 1960's series which is a campy take, the Burton films which were darker, the Schumacher films which were over the top comic book and the animated series which is dark and serious. All of these handle the material in different ways just like Nolan handled the material in a less comic book and realistic way.

They'll introduce a main villian in their origin story sometimes they get it perfectly right sometimes they dont, whatever..... Than they kill him off in the SAME movie!

WTF!?? It's not like they ever do a 5 years later kinda thing where they leave an open possibility for the majority of the franchise to continue existing like the comics and cartoons.

Breaking news - people like to to see the bad guy die. Finality is appreciated at the movies.

Thats no excuse to completely fuck up the story because you want to be unique and artsy and do your own take on somebodys already created character.

Yeah you're right, we should all watch the same story over and over again ad infinitum. Originality should be stamped out and punished. :rolleyes:

And what was the rest of that rambling mess? Nolan's Batman is bad because the Dragonball movie is bad? What? You're entitled to you opinion and all but it's a fucking terrible one.

Spacemonkey I could see where you were coming from if there was only one unified Batman Universe but there are several different takes on the character in the comics, films and tv series and all of them handle it differently. For the films to be "faithful" then they have to follow the original comic and nothing else which is not possible, this is a different more realistic take on Batman. You have the 1960's series which is a campy take, the Burton films which were darker, the Schumacher films which were over the top comic book and the animated series which is dark and serious. All of these handle the material in different ways just like Nolan handled the material in a less comic book and realistic way.

Exactly. The Batman universe has been recreated an reinterpreted a million times for several different mediums, who knows how many different writers the comic has had over the years? Are the early issues written by Bob Kane the only definitive Batman stories? Please.. Keeping in mind what has appealed to me about Batman my whole life amidst all these other super hero comics with larger than life characters who have ridiculous powers, what Nolan has done in his films to tell this story is more than good enough for me.

But I guess they're absolutely terrible movies and me and everyone else who loves them are just complete idiots manipulated by the media into enjoying them so much :jerkoff:

Nolan is a God and his Batman movies are and will forever be the best films in cinematic history and anyone who disagrees is a terrorist. Cause the media told me so.

and anything that's massively popular in the mainstream is never hip or edgy to discredit :takethat:

Nolan is a God and his Batman movies are and will forever be the best films in cinematic history and anyone who disagrees is a terrorist. Cause the media told me so.

and anything that's massively popular in the mainstream is never hip or edgy to discredit :takethat:

Things which are popular can be easily overrated. Ledger took one for the team last time, we don't have that now. Nolan's Batman films suck, they're pretentious overwrought crap.

Things which are popular can be easily overrated. Ledger took one for the team last time, we don't have that now. Nolan's Batman films suck, they're pretentious overwrought crap.

I bet if Christian Bale was sporting sideburns and a mustache you would love it

I bet if Christian Bale was sporting sideburns and a mustache you would love it

No, they would still be overwrought, pretentious, overly bleak, depressing and overly gritty films with preachy dialogue. I love Tim Burton's Batman films, they don't try to be fucking Shakespeare.

The Ledger hate is funny too. Still!

Before Batman he was known as the "F@gg0T cowboy" in broke back mountain. Before Dark knight previews came out everyone! hated the idea as him as the Joker. Just him being cast as the Joker was enough for people to write off Nolen's batman. Then opening weekend came and set so many fucking records. And is a great fucking movie too boot. Who cares if its pop culture now?

His role in Broke Back is more or less forgotten now.

I thought it was great, and a few notes:

- I definitely had a bit of a difficult time understanding Bane sometimes, and as he was great, he was kind of boring

- Anne Hathaway did a great job as Catwoman

- JGL was great as well

- Gary Oldman, as usual, was fantastic

With that stuff said, here are some spoiler related notes:

-The way they killed Bane was stupid. Extremely too quick and it should have warranted something else

-I don't think the Robin stuff at the end was necessary, unless of course they're setting themselves up for something. But, I don't know, even then...

All that said, I very much enjoyed it and I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.

Also, did anyone else catch the reference to

Killer Croc?

haha i did catch that reference!

would have been cool for blake's legal name to be tim drake or dick grayson but thats ok, the robin part was easy to understand for casual fans (which there are tons of for this series) and it was more than a nice fan service. the main thing with blake was that

it is implied that he would become batman

well in the comics

john blake was the character who became batman after bane broke batman's back

wow i cant believe i didnt even think of that! he is kind of like azreal. i need to read knightfall again

Looks terrible.

Shut the fuck up!

you do know the killing joke isnt necessarily the real origin of the joker, right? its one story from a writer. just like how year one or the dark knight returns arent a part of the actual canon (well year one kind of is now), theyre stand alone stories from the batman mythos

It's funny you praised Indy 4 shat on TDK then when you saw it your praised and Ledgers performance...