The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

Did anyone else think the end scene with Alfred seeing Bruce in Paris was dumb?

Nope

I'm not asking your opinion, I'm asking people who don't have Nolan's head up their asses

Which I don't . You asked and my answer wasn't good enough because it didn't agree with you. Meaning you are close minded. Only your opinions count. Lame! :thumbsdown: Next time just be blunt, and write... People that only agree with me can respond, prick! :jerkoff:

Actually I don't care what you think because I already know.

Because your head is up Nolan's ass.

You already said that. Just because you like someone's work doesnt mean you are obsessed. Go outside and expand your mind.

I did, and I thought the movie sucked. Worst Nolan film.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope

I'm not asking your opinion, I'm asking people who don't have Nolan's head up their asses

Which I don't . You asked and my answer wasn't good enough because it didn't agree with you. Meaning you are close minded. Only your opinions count. Lame! :thumbsdown: Next time just be blunt, and write... People that only agree with me can respond, prick! :jerkoff:

You already said that. Just because you like someone's work doesnt mean you are obsessed. Go outside and expand your mind.

And I respect that.

Nope

And I respect that.

Then don't use the closed mind argument on other people.

Some of us have open minds but don't share the same tastes.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and considering most fans did I think Nolan accomplished what he wanted, so that's good.

Nope

And I respect that.

Then don't use the closed mind argument on other people.

Some of us have open minds but don't share the same tastes.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and considering most fans did I think Nolan accomplished what he wanted, so that's good.

That is exactly I was trying to get across to you. Look, I just started by replying a simple word. Then you attacked (made fun) of my opinion. Anyway, The Dark Knight Rises scored 30 million just for the midnight showing. Second of all time! :thumbsup:

Edited by batman007

Loved it, ended the series in a satisfying, if predictable way. This trilogy truly has been this generation's Godfather or Star Wars.

I purposely didn't follow any news on this movie because I wanted to be completely surprised. But I honestly thought they were going to kill Batman in this one...don't know how many people thought that. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.

I would put the spoiler alert above.

I thought it was great, and a few notes:

- I definitely had a bit of a difficult time understanding Bane sometimes, and as he was great, he was kind of boring

- Anne Hathaway did a great job as Catwoman

- JGL was great as well

- Gary Oldman, as usual, was fantastic

With that stuff said, here are some spoiler related notes:

-The way they killed Bane was stupid. Extremely too quick and it should have warranted something else

-I don't think the Robin stuff at the end was necessary, unless of course they're setting themselves up for something. But, I don't know, even then...

All that said, I very much enjoyed it and I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.

Also, did anyone else catch the reference to

Killer Croc?

- I definitely had a bit of a difficult time understanding Bane sometimes, and as he was great, he was kind of boring

- JGL was great as well

-The way they killed Bane was stupid. Extremely too quick and it should have warranted something else

-I don't think the Robin stuff at the end was necessary, unless of course they're setting themselves up for something. But, I don't know, even then...

Killer Croc?

haha i did catch that reference!

would have been cool for blake's legal name to be tim drake or dick grayson but thats ok, the robin part was easy to understand for casual fans (which there are tons of for this series) and it was more than a nice fan service. the main thing with blake was that

it is implied that he would become batman

- JGL was great as well

Killer Croc?

would have been cool for blake's legal name to be tim drake or dick grayson but thats ok, the robin part was easy to understand for casual fans (which there are tons of for this series) and it was more than a nice fan service. the main thing with blake was that

well in the comics

john blake was the character who became batman after bane broke batman's back

- JGL was great as well

Killer Croc?

Well of course, that's exactly how the series was supposed to end. Bruce Wayne hands Batman off to someone else. I just wish that his legal name wasn't fucking Robin, so damn stupid. I really take issue with about every part about the ending.

That scene with the cops running at the thugs. Bane gets no exit at all. Wayne Enterprises is broke, so how does Blake pay to maintain being Batman? They implied that Bruce was in his helicopter 3 seconds before that bomb went off, and he was fine? That scene at the cafe with Alfred, fucking cheesy. Blake's real name is Robin? Just go ahead and tell me you think I'm a dumbass.

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing so if you haven't seen the movie and you're dumb enough to be reading this thread don't read my post.

You guys really thought Bane was boring? I disagree. I'll admit I was disappointed in how much more simple his character was than in the comics, sometimes he was kind of hard to understand, and I wish more went into how he died, but I found myself mesmerized by how fucking intense he was whenever he was on screen. The "I'm going to break you" scene was perfect. Tom Hardy did an amazing job, I couldn't believe it was him behind that mask the whole time.

I thought it was really cool how they fit Talia in and how her and Bane's backstory intertwined, definitely an original re-imagining of the characters that worked very well for this series IMO. Interesting how they affiliated Bane with the league of assassins

Me and my brother always speculated that JGF's character was going to end up being Robin, even though Nolan and Bale have said more than once that Robin would never be a part of this series. I thought it was kind of weird how that isn't made entirely clear until the end, I wasn't sure to believe if he was returning to the batcave to fill Batman's shoes as Batman or possibly Nightwing?? Probably not... probably doesn't even matter.. Either way the character of detective Blake was excellent, and keeping in mind how Nolan re-imagined this universe it does kind of make sense how they would just do that

I think the biggest problem with it, and this is true with most Nolan films, is how he tries to cram so much shit into one movie. It's almost 3 hours long, and still very important parts of the story seemed rushed, especially the end. How in the fuck did Bruce get from the prison to Gotham without being seen by Bane's mercenaries?

That said, I loved it, great conclusion to a great series. I'll definitely be seeing it again while its still in theaters, probably in IMAX next

There's rumors that the Batman franchise is going to be rebooted in 2015 to open up the doors for a Justice League movie... not sure how I feel about DC going the same route as Marvel and making these quick "origins" movies to basically do their version of the Avengers but I guess we'll see what happens. Nothing against the Marvel movies, I think they're all in good fun, but... I dunno

Also that trailer for Man of Steel looked cool as hell, infinitely cooler than Superman Returns... that's for sure

Edited by sweetness

The start was a bit of a mess but once it got going the time flew in. Didn't feel like 2 hours 45 minutes at all. There were a few things I could nitpick at but in the end had no problem suspending my disbelief as it's just that good. Perfect conclusion to a perfect trilogy.

Bravo Nolan.

well in the comics

john blake was the character who became batman after bane broke batman's back

No he wasn't. His character was made for this movie.

Just looked it up you're right. My sources misled me. Apparently however John Blake was a character in a batman coloring book. :book:

Just got back from it and thought it was really good, still had a few problems such as Bane's voice but for the most part it was great. Loved the intertwining of Talia and Bane's backstory and enjoyed the Neeson cameo.

BS thought the Killer Croc reference was pretty funny.

Also the trailer for Man Of Steel looked great, first trailer in a long while to give me shivers.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Why the hell would you line up for that? Buy the ticket online or in some ticket machine.

To get good seats. Some screenings are first come first served and some where you pick your actual seat.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Oh yeah, I forgot, you don't have numbered seats over there? Here you choose a seat when you book the ticket.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Oh yeah, I forgot, you don't have numbered seats over there? Here you choose a seat when you book the ticket.

Well like I said there were two options. it depends on the cinema. Some you just have your ticket but not the actual seat picked out. Others you pick out your seat as well. There were lots of nerdy looking people waiting like an hour before the show time even though they had tickets. They were in batman outfits and everything. I guess they were just excited.

- JGL was great as well

Killer Croc?

i agree about the way they killed Bane. It was pretty lame. They could have at least had Batman or Catwomen pull off the mask completely or something. I liked the Robin reference though. Obviously John Blake isn't THAT Robin, it just so happens that it's his real name. Just a playful reference for the fans. Loved the Iron Giant-like ending, and about how Batman being a symbol, that it doesn't matter who it is behind the mask.
Edited by packersnroses