The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Movie was amazing. I went to see it with my girlfriend yesterday. Killer ending, fuckin' Nolan did it again man!

Killer ending, indeed! My wife shed a tear.

my gf did when Alfred spoke at the graves at the end.

I almost did that myself :awesomeface:

Movie was amazing. I went to see it with my girlfriend yesterday. Killer ending, fuckin' Nolan did it again man!

Killer ending, indeed! My wife shed a tear.

my gf did when Alfred spoke at the graves at the end.

I almost did that myself :awesomeface:

Truesay.

But I did want Alfred to go over and talk to them = sentimental like that.

I enjoyed it at the time but the more I think about it in hindsight the more the twat in me can't help picking away at the silly parts and blatant plotholes. I mean seriously what's the craic with the prison? It's like "oh there's a big hole and you can climb out of it if you want to" I mean it's hardly fucking Colditz is it? :rolleyes:

I enjoyed it at the time but the more I think about it in hindsight the more the twat in me can't help picking away at the silly parts and blatant plotholes. I mean seriously what's the craic with the prison? It's like "oh there's a big hole and you can climb out of it if you want to" I mean it's hardly fucking Colditz is it? :rolleyes:

Although, you see the guards being overpowered and you assume that the majority of prisoners are let out to roam free. Can't profess to know much about American Jails, but it seems that that happens here on a daily basis :lol:

Although, you see the guards being overpowered and you assume that the majority of prisoners are let out to roam free. Can't profess to know much about American Jails, but it seems that that happens here on a daily basis :lol:

Seriously though there were loads of em at it and nobody seemed to give a shit. Supposed to be this mental excape proof prison and they let em go around trying to escape all fuckin' day long. You'd think a few of em would get some planks of wood or a couple more ropes. :shrugs:

Seriously though there were loads of em at it and nobody seemed to give a shit. Supposed to be this mental excape proof prison and they let em go around trying to escape all fuckin' day long. You'd think a few of em would get some planks of wood or a couple more ropes. :shrugs:

Wasn't sure if it was the Arkham Asylum - don't think it was, but either way, it's pretty shit :lol:

Edited by The Sandman

"There can be no true despair without hope."

That's the purpose the near impossible escape route served - hope. The prison also served as a metaphor for the Lazarus Pit, a chemical pool in Batman lore used by Ra's al Ghul(Liam Neeson) to rejuvenate the injured and ressurect the dead. As well as that, it's very clearly a parallel with the young Bruce Wayne trapped in the well scene in Begins. Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up.

Might go see this again tonight in IMAX.

"There can be no true despair without hope."

That's the purpose the near impossible escape route served - hope. The prison also served as a metaphor for the Lazarus Pit, a chemical pool in Batman lore used by Ra's al Ghul(Liam Neeson) to rejuvenate the injured and ressurect the dead. As well as that, it's very clearly a parallel with the young Bruce Wayne trapped in the well scene in Begins. Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up.

Might go see this again tonight in IMAX.

Yeah I get that but in the film that's bollocks! "Oooh, it's impossible to get out, whatever shall I do?" *does a few sit ups* "Well that seems to have cracked it, off I go!".

Yeah I get that but in the film that's bollocks! "Oooh, it's impossible to get out, whatever shall I do?" *does a few sit ups* "Well that seems to have cracked it, off I go!".

I think it was more-so he had to embrace fear (jump with no rope) than do a few sit ups but yeah I get your point. :lol:

There's quite a few holes in the film if you go looking. Blake works out he's Batman with ease but the rest of Gotham fail to realise that even though Bruce Wayne and Batman reappear on the exact same night... Wayne has no problem getting back into a locked down Gotham after escaping the pit... Batman somehow survives a nuclear blast.

I'm willing to forego all that though because the film in it's entirety is incredibly entertaining.

I think it was more-so he had to embrace fear (jump with no rope) than do a few sit ups but yeah I get your point. :lol:

There's quite a few holes in the film if you go looking. Blake works out he's Batman with ease but the rest of Gotham fail to realise that even though Bruce Wayne and Batman reappear on the exact same night... Wayne has no problem getting back into a locked down Gotham after escaping the pit... Batman somehow survives a nuclear blast.

I'm willing to forego all that though because the film in it's entirety is incredibly entertaining.

Yeah, the thing about him getting on the island really bothered me at first but then I realized Bane's mercenaries were letting emergency aid trucks and special forces on the last standing bridge, they just weren't letting anybody out. Still, Wayne getting from the prison to Gotham... they were just like "eh fuck explaining that"

Yeah, the thing about him getting on the island really bothered me at first but then I realized Bane's mercenaries were letting emergency aid trucks and special forces on the last standing bridge, they just weren't letting anybody out. Still, Wayne getting from the prison to Gotham... they were just like "eh fuck explaining that"

It was already three hours long.

People seem to expect a quadrilogy...

They didn't show Bruce Wayne taking a shit at any point - maybe they could've added that in? Unrealistic without it.

exactly

They didn't show Bruce Wayne taking a shit at any point - maybe they could've added that in? Unrealistic without it.

Maybe Bruce Wayne is constipated. That would explain Batman's ridiculous voice.

Stupid observation: When he's with the Batman mask, he's got make up around his eyes so they're black. When takes the mask out in the bat cave, he doesn't have it.

Stupid observation: When he's with the Batman mask, he's got make up around his eyes so they're black. When takes the mask out in the bat cave, he doesn't have it.

He takes it off while he is in route back to the Batcave, trust me!

I really liked how Nolan played with the shadows usually in dialogue scenes that showed Batman up close. Sometimes all you could see of his eyes were the small white reflections of light, looked pretty badass and reminded me a lot of Batman in the animated series