The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

Well if it would just be because of revenge (even if it was one of the factors) she would just have turned it against Batman and not the town. That's just how I see it because the city didn't really do anything against Ras, he just wanted to destroy it to kill all the corruption.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well you're right about that part. But how did she know that he would come back when he hade been gone for 8 years?

I'll maybe will like it more after I see it again. But it was really an exciting movie and hade me at the edge of the seat through almost the whole film :P

To not explain how he survives the bomb kind of makes me feel cheated and is lousy screen writing, perhaps wrapping up the ending quickly for time, I don't know, but it should be important enough for it to be explained.

It did explain it at the end. Bruce fixed the auto-pilot months before.

To not explain how he survives the bomb kind of makes me feel cheated and is lousy screen writing, perhaps wrapping up the ending quickly for time, I don't know, but it should be important enough for it to be explained.

I guess what they mean is, how did Batman get out, and away in time, regardless of it flying itself.

I guess what they mean is, how did Batman get out, and away in time, regardless of it flying itself.

He's fucking Batman, that's how.

ahh here it is. I'll copy/delete/paste my other post

edit: kfixed

We should be using this thread instead of Tm's, y'know, because it actually has the correct title of the film.

I'm just going to copy/paste shit I wrote on a different forum

does anyone else feel that "robin" took over the mantle as the next batman? i know they said his real name is robin but he said he doesnt like it. and they said more than once that batman could be anyone, and thats what made him special. also, with christopher nolan leaving endings up to interpretation (inception) i felt like the fact that jgl was on that plaform "rising" at the end, it kinda went along with the title of the movie, especially since that's the last thing we saw at the end of the movie, him rising. kinda like the title meant more than one thing...

Yeah, definitely felt like he was going in and was going to pick things up as the Batman. I may be wrong but that's just my interpretation and what I like to imagine happened,

Didn't mind seeing Bruce at the end. I was very surprised they actually showed him and expected it to just end with an Alfred smile, but actualy seeing Bruce did feel really fucking good.

Overall, it was just an amazing great experience.

It was pretty much inevitable that I was going to love it though. It's fucking BATMAN FFS

Oh, am I the only person that thought Fox was about to die when the thing was being flooded. The amount of sadness I experienced in those few brief moments is immeasurable.
Edited by David Bowie

Holy fuck that was a bad movie!

Dont even give me that bullshit about "Christopher Nolan was going for a realistic movie he doesnt have to follow the comic books" bullshit! OK? Because it was fucking awful.

There maybe a few spoilers in this rant so if youre not prepared for this dissapointing middle finger then dont read it.

Fucking terrible. Robin Williams playing Hugo Strange could have saved it but no. The entire time I was offended.

Bane sucked donkey balls! They might have fucked up with joker by not giving him an origin story and giving him makeup (he doesnt wear any he had an accident in a tank of acid but thats besides the point) And what fucking scars? wtf are you talking about? But at least that was an ok movie. Begins was good. This was garbage!

Nolan really likes putting his little twists in his movies but this was fucking stupid.

Bane has nothing to do with Raa's Al Ghul. At all!

They would have been better off to just have used Shredder from ninja turtles that would have made more sense, this wasnt even Bane.

They had this origin story about Bane being born in this prison which is true.

They said he escaped as a child and started to imply that he was the son of raas al ghul. no!

Then they fixed that mistake and it turns out Bane was just some random dude in the prison who helped the kid who was born in the prison to escape. So even though they actually got his origin story OK they just decided fuck it he doesnt get an origin story and they switched his origin with Talia al ghuul which was fuckin terribly done, bad idea made no sense.

Talia is not even a villian, her and Batman had a kid and they made her into such a half assed bad guy.

Why was Bane so strong? Do you know? Well he was born in a prison and eventually they used him as an experiment for a steroid called venom, it makes him grossly muscular and superhuman strength all that.

Nope. Hes just shredder. No venom. Hes just super strong for like no reason whatsoever. He works for Talia. What?

Talia is killed off also, half assed job. So much for like.... fuckin any relevance whatsoever!

Bane sucked. Talia sucked. Catwoman sucked. Everything sucked. But when Batman started yelling at that dude all like christian bale batman does I cracked and laughed my ass off.

Some parts trying to be really serious were just.... bad dialogue without any relevance whatsoever. Holy crap this was bad.

Now for the real middle finger. Who was this stupid nobody cop throw in character they decided to focus more of the movie on than batman himself? Was it Dick Grayson? NOPE! Jason Todd? NOPE! Tim Drake? NOPE!

Anybody know who those guys are? Theyre all Robin. 3 dudes to choose from there. Who the fucks this guy?

Some half assed throw in character named John Blake. He's the main character really. Its like a badly done version of dark knight returns without teh relevance cause this is 8 years after the second movie and he quit being batman long ago.

So in the end youre supposed to think batmans sacrificing himself "he doesnt die" when he takes banes bomb out of the city and into the sea.

The theater was silent so I cracked the line "Some days you just cant get rid of a bomb!" That was funny.

As one final middle finger to the fans this nobody throw in John Blake talks with this chick and she tells him. "You should go by your legal name........ Robin."

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! MAMA MIA MAMA MIA MAMA MIA FIGERO!!!! BULLSHIT!!!!

Then he finds the batcave and everybodys like "OMG THATS ROBIN!"

NO! It fucking is NOT Robin! That's stupid! Fuck your stupid "He was trying to be realistic by not following the comics" bullshit! He just fucked it all up as hard as he could because he knew dark knight was so trendy people were just going to blindly praise this pile of garbage anyway and they are. He could have at least tried to get the guys name right but no.

If anybodys ever seen any real Batman theyll get what Im talking about. This was an outrage. And if youre about to tell me "Its just a movie man I dont see why you didnt like it so much i thought it was pretty good" well fuck yourself and go watch the animated series.

After playing the arkham video games youll realize just how crap this movie really is. fucking garbage! an outrage! middle finger to any actual fans.

Whatever the hell this shit was it was NOT Batman. In any way at all whatsoever.

I mean granted there are some confusing contradictions to the series to begin with but this is just..... wow! This was just absoloute irrelevancy.

If christopher nolan could have pulled some creativity out of his ass and made his own movie this was actually pretty good.

But no its easier to sell out more by ripping off somebody elses characters.

Which he didnt even properly do, he ripped off the characters names and thats about as close as it gets. Not even! This new Robin doesnt even actually exist in anything outside of this piece of filth.

This was WORSE THAN BATMAN AND ROBIN!!!!

I said it! Worse than Arnold playing Mr. Freeze! And in that Barbara Gordan is Alfreds niece..... from england.... who isnt even english.... what?

Its worse than that. You say "No way that was so cheesy"

Well look at Batman punching this dude in the face screaming his christopher nolan batman voice "WHERES THE TRIGGER!?!?!? WHERES THE TRIGGER?!?!?!? WHERES THE TRIGGER!?!?!?!?"

and you tell me thats not cheesy. Oh no thats "epic". fuck you!

I didnt like this movie.

At least the people killed by that idiot dressed up as bane didnt have to sit through this piece of shit.

Hey weird! Same bad guy! Just some idiot dressed up as bane. and hes not even big or anything, no venom. Just an idiot in a mask who uses the name Bane. thats all. He could have been Darth Vader and it would have been just as relevant.

Whats the difference between this pile of garbage and that movie that must not be named?

Dragonball evolution! Yes i am actually comparing it to that.

At least with that movie everybody knew what they were getting into and they were ready to be offended and dissapointed and they got exactly what they expected.

Its like they tried as hard as they could to keep their movie as far away as possible from the original story in every way whatsoever. Like deliberately trying to fuck it up in every way they can think of. Good job.

People knew dragonball was gonna suck. Not this.

Lots of people dont even watch batman in anything other than this series or maybe the old tim burton ones. So having nothing else to compare it to I could see why you might come out of this thinking it was a good movie.

But to any real fan this was nothing but a huge middle finger the entire time. Fuck this movie!

Batman begins he really didnt have much to fuck up on there. Except they couldnt even pronounce raas al ghuuls name properly. its pronounced like -raysh al gool- common mistake even in the actual series.

Dark knight they just decided to fuck up the joker. but the actor who played him died so he just gets all this blind praise. It was an interesting take on the character but still incorrect he would have been better off playing 2 face.

which was also stupid having him as harvey dent for 2/3rds of the movie then killing him off as quickly as possible. Christopher Nolan is a fucking retard!

I can make a better Batman movie with a cellphone camera and a blue blanket.

Fuck Christopher Nolan, fuck this movie and fuck you for liking it! lolz!

MARK HAMILL FTW!!!!!!!

Stopped reading after the first paragraph because your reasons for disliking it are invalid.

I am going to tell you exactly what you said you didn't want me to tell you:

Chris Nolan was going for a realistic new take on BatMan and created his own story and universe using the DC characters in order to keep the story engaging and interesting. He did a great job creating a fresh take on the comic book characters.

The movies were so well received because both comic book fans and casual movie fans could enjoy the movie and relate to it.

And furthermore, the creator of BatMan never specified the 'origins' of the Joker to begin with, the origins were added later by another author in 'The Killing Joke' which by the way was also a fresh new take on the Joker and the BatMan characters at the time.

If you actually read comics, you'd realize authors do this ALL THE TIME with super hero characters. There is not one single linear plot to the BatMan character. Each author and each director adds their own flair to it.

If you're going to cry about the movie, cry about the plot, tone, characters, performances, setting, or something relevant.

Edited by NormalGuns

They would have been better off to just have used Shredder from ninja turtles that would have made more sense, this wasnt even Bane.

A Batman vs. Shredder movie. I'm taking my wallet out as we speak...

You're wrong. You dont stop reading and then go tell me what ive already talked about.

Chris Nolan did a very shitty job of that.

Casual fans can sit through it but any comic book fan would have found it completely ridiculous.

0 thought put into this movie.

He just ripped off a bunch of batman character names for his own movie. This was NOT Batman. At all.

Other than that it was OK.... Well the first 2 were ok, this was god awful.

The killing joke made sense and was an excellent origin story.

the plot sucked, the tone was stupid, the characters were ALL WRONG, performances were silly, the setting was perfect, but the relevance?

What relevance? to what? Batman? hahahaha!

NO RELEVANCE!

stfu n00b!

A Batman vs. Shredder movie. I'm taking my wallet out as we speak...

Yeah, me too.