The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

I finally saw it and we all loved it! For me personally, it was the first time Batman wasn't weak and I actually liked him.

Bane was easy to understand if you ask me :question: I thought Anne was great as Catwoman.

Did you see the same film everyone else did, the whole point was Batman was supposed to look really weak compared to Bane and has the crap out of him easily :lol:

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I finally saw it and we all loved it! For me personally, it was the first time Batman wasn't weak and I actually liked him.

Bane was easy to understand if you ask me :question: I thought Anne was great as Catwoman.

Did you see the same film everyone else did, the whole point was Batman was supposed to look really weak compared to Bane and has the crap out of him easily :lol:

Yeah of course. Not that kind of weak! I meant I never cared about Batman before. His character was always small and insignificant TO ME. The 'baddies' were more interesting. This was the first time Batman was right up there for me. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah of course. Not that kind of weak! I meant I never cared about Batman before. His character was always small and insignificant TO ME. The 'baddies' were more interesting. This was the first time Batman was right up there for me. That's all I'm saying.

Ah now I get you, phrased it strangely but now I get you. I agree, the character of Batman was much stronger compared to the Dark Knight and it was much more about him.

Need to phrase things better love ;)

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I'm glad I voted the English as the most arrogant nation :xmasssanta:

Seriously, how is that phrased badly? Weak doesn't always mean physical.

Batman is normally weak. This was the first time (for me) his character was strong, powerful and gained some empathy from the audience. Normally you don't give a damn and just want the baddies to come do their thing.

I'm glad I voted the English as the most arrogant nation :xmasssanta:

Seriously, how is that phrased badly? Weak doesn't always mean physical.

Batman is normally weak. This was the first time (for me) his character was strong, powerful and gained some empathy from the audience. Normally you don't give a damn and just want the baddies to come do their thing.

There is nothing technically wrong with the phrasing and it is correct, just a little difficult to understand. Much easier to say his character was weak, its only one more work :lol:

But yeah, Batman in almost all of his films has always been secondary to the villains, even in Batman Begins that film was more about Bruce Wayne than Batman really.

Finally saw it today, and I enjoyed it despite the fact that I still prefer TDK. Not gonna lie, I couldn't understand what Bane was saying half the time :lol:

Could you not? Really didn't think it was as bad as others made out...

The first half of the movie I had a terrible time understanding him bar the opening scene. From about the football game on I understood him fine... :shrugs:

I guess being a student of drama and a teacher of kids, you get it when people mumble :lol:

I don't think I missed a line.

I didn't see the other two, but I fucking hated watching this movie. Had I seen the other two, I still don't think I'd say the movie was amazing. I thought Bane was a boring villain with an out-of-place voice. The prison with the hole thing just came off as stupid to me. The action sequences were nothing special either.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Why would you even go see it if you hadn't seen the others? Get out of this thread. :max:

Watched the other two. I still don't think it holds a candle to the first two. For such a long movie, Batman isn't on screen as much as he should be and when he is, he's not doing all the cool, clever, and slick things we've come to expect from Batman.

I didn't see the other two, but I fucking hated watching this movie. Had I seen the other two, I still don't think I'd say the movie was amazing. I thought Bane was a boring villain with an out-of-place voice. The prison with the hole thing just came off as stupid to me. The action sequences were nothing special either.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Why would you even go see it if you hadn't seen the others? Get out of this thread. :max:

Watched the other two. I still don't think it holds a candle to the first two. For such a long movie, Batman isn't on screen as much as he should be and when he is, he's not doing all the cool, clever, and slick things we've come to expect from Batman.

This is true. It's like he completely forgot he had gadgets in this one.

SLAA also has a point though. This one is the first one in which I was actually interested in Batman/Bruce Wayne as a character.

Edited by bacardimayne

Batman isn't on screen as much as he should be and when he is, he's not doing all the cool, clever, and slick things we've come to expect from Batman.

He was old, he was done, the Batman in this movie wasn't supposed to be at the peak shape. They did a good job of showing him as hella rusty.

Batman isn't on screen as much as he should be and when he is, he's not doing all the cool, clever, and slick things we've come to expect from Batman.

He was old, he was done, the Batman in this movie wasn't supposed to be at the peak shape. They did a good job of showing him as hella rusty.

Yup, agreed.

It's bigger than just Batman anyway - it's about something larger on the whole...

Totally, that was the whole point. Gonna see it again this weekend....

So how many years pass throughout the three films?

Depends where you start counting. If you include Bruce Wayne as a child in Batman Begins its like 35 - 40 some odd years, if you start counting from when he traveled the world and trained with Ras al Ghul its more like 15 years

Edited by sweetness

Depends where you start counting. If you include Bruce Wayne as a child in Batman Begins its like 35 - 40 some odd years, if you start counting from when he traveled the world and trained with Ras al Ghul its more like 15 years

It's eight years between TDK and TDKR, what about Begins and TDK? The ending of Begins, that is.

It's eight years between TDK and TDKR, what about Begins and TDK? The ending of Begins, that is.

i would assume TDK takes place very shortly after 'Begins' - i doubt The Joker was running around for three years before Batman 'looked into' his crimes.

so if TDKR is eight years after TDK i'd say the movies actually span more like 9 - 10 years total, in terms of the present day when he becomes Batman.

Considering Batman was AWOL for eight years after TDK, it actually kinda leaves you with the impression that he didn't actually do that much, y'know? He fought crime for like a year, retired and then came back for a little while again. :lol:

Still a great trilogy.

Considering Batman was AWOL for eight years after TDK, it actually kinda leaves you with the impression that he didn't actually do that much, y'know? He fought crime for like a year, retired and then came back for a little while again. :lol:

Still a great trilogy.

Yeah, in the comics and some of the other media it seems like being Batman basically consumes the guy, to the point that he is always Batman, and just pretends to be Bruce Wayne when he's out in public. But in this trilogy it almost seems like it was just a passing phase for the guy coming to terms with what happened, and a means to his quest for revenge. But it never really took over his life.

Still a great trilogy.

Yeah, in the comics and some of the other media it seems like being Batman basically consumes the guy, to the point that he is always Batman, and just pretends to be Bruce Wayne when he's out in public. But in this trilogy it almost seems like it was just a passing phase for the guy coming to terms with what happened, and a means to his quest for revenge. But it never really took over his life.

Totally - not that I mind...