The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

The Dark Night Rises trailer makes the movie look like a Michael Bay production. The clip of the football field getting blown up is pure cheese.

I dont see it that way. And the football clip wasnt suppose to be " over the top" , it had a point. The point, Bane is one bad mother!

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Harvey Dent subplot was extremely disappointing, and handled completely wrong.

Yes, glad someone pointed this out. It felt very tacked on and drew the film out wayyyy too long. Not to mention it detracted from the menace of the Joker(having one main bad guy is always better). Felt like two films cut down to one.

In regards to this trailer, Bane looks like he is gonna put Batman through his paces, but the Selina Kyle dialogue sucks and yeah, the football scene is campy as. I also find it stupid that Batman would responsibility for Harvey Dent's crimes just to protect Dent's reputation...

The Harvey Dent subplot was extremely disappointing, and handled completely wrong.

Yes, glad someone pointed this out. It felt very tacked on and drew the film out wayyyy too long. Not to mention it detracted from the menace of the Joker(having one main bad guy is always better). Felt like two films cut down to one.

In regards to this trailer, Bane looks like he is gonna put Batman through his paces, but the Selina Kyle dialogue sucks and yeah, the football scene is campy as. I also find it stupid that Batman would responsibility for Harvey Dent's crimes just to protect Dent's reputation...

The joker's main plan was Harvey Dent. And he did! The idea was the people to lose hope. I think it fell in just right. Batman took the blame, not for Dent's reputation. Batman took the blame that people wouldnt lose hope on "their white knight" who was making a change in Gotham. If they found out the truth about Dent, people wouldnt have hope and run wild on the city. Which would have made the Joker win.

The joker's main plan was Harvey Dent. And he did! The idea was the people to lose hope. I think it fell in just right. Batman took the blame, not for Dent's reputation. Batman took the blame that people wouldnt lose hope on "their white knight" who was making a change in Gotham. If they found out the truth about Dent, people wouldnt have hope and run wild on the city. Which would have made the Joker win.

Hmmm fair point actually. :)

They still fucked that up. If that was his 'main plan' (though by saying he had a main plan totally nullifies your previous points about The Joker's character) then they should have done more with it than just tack it half heartedly on the last 20 minutes of the film.

They ruined Two Face. Plain and simple it was awkward and made no sense in the movie. It would be much better IMO if he had lived and their WAS chaos and panic in the streets.

That would be the perfect stage for the final movie, riots and craziness in Gothom, Two Face the main antagonist, and BatMan has to fix it all and calm the city back down. THAT would be a movie worth watching.

They still fucked that up. If that was his 'main plan' (though by saying he had a main plan totally nullifies your previous points about The Joker's character) then they should have done more with it than just tack it half heartedly on the last 20 minutes of the film.

They ruined Two Face. Plain and simple it was awkward and made no sense in the movie. It would be much better IMO if he had lived and their WAS chaos and panic in the streets.

That would be the perfect stage for the final movie, riots and craziness in Gothom, Two Face the main antagonist, and BatMan has to fix it all and calm the city back down. THAT would be a movie worth watching.

The last 20 minutes of the film? are you kidding me? Try the whole film is setting that plot up.

The last 20 minutes of the film? are you kidding me? Try the whole film is setting that plot up.

It really isn't.

It really isn't.

Well not only the last 20 mins. See the movie again.

It really isn't.

I've seen it plenty of times. The first half of the movie has zero direction.

You could make a case for the second half of the movie having some sort of direction, but the first half of the movie was just completely incoherent. There is way too much going on, and rather than focusing on a main theme or idea, Nolan has to scamper in the last half to tie up all the little stories and extra unnecessary characters he threw in.

I mean fuck, why was Cillian Murphy in this movie at all? He was in it for literally six minutes, top. Shit like that is just stupid.

It really isn't.

You could make a case for the second half of the movie having some sort of direction, but the first half of the movie was just completely incoherent. There is way too much going on, and rather than focusing on a main theme or idea, Nolan has to scamper in the last half to tie up all the little stories and extra unnecessary characters he threw in.

I mean fuck, why was Cillian Murphy in this movie at all? He was in it for literally six minutes, top. Shit like that is just stupid.

All I said, was not the last 20 mins. I would say the second half. And scarecrow was probaly in the movie because Cillian Murphy is Nolan's friend. I hope he is not in the next movie.

^ He is.

He was introduced in The Dark Knight for that scene where Batman convinces Dent not to shoot him. Crane was insane and not responsible for his actions, but Dent would've killed him anyway, and that showed how angry and vengeful he was and how far he had fallen from the man of principles he had been. So they needed someone who was insane and Crane was a familiar figure to the viewers; made perfect sense.

^ He is.

He was introduced in The Dark Knight for that scene where Batman convinces Dent not to shoot him. Crane was insane and not responsible for his actions, but Dent would've killed him anyway, and that showed how angry and vengeful he was and how far he had fallen from the man of principles he had been. So they needed someone who was insane and Crane was a familiar figure to the viewers; made perfect sense.

Dent never crossed paths with scarecrow in the movie. You have him confused with one of Joker s boys who escaped from Arkham.

^ He is.

Dent never crossed paths with scarecrow in the movie. You have him confused with one of Joker s boys who escaped from Arkham.

Thomas Schiff I believe.

The first half of the movie was about Batman, Gordon, and Dent cleaning up Gotham by taking down the mobs, with the introduction to the Joker. Harvey made Gotham safe and became a hero, then the Joker turned him evil to crush Gotham's spirit. How does that not make sense?

And If you saw Batman Begins, then you'd know why Scarecrow was in this one. He didn't get caught yet.

^ He is.

Thomas Schiff I believe.

Yes, money!

^ He is.

Thomas Schiff I believe.

Was it? It's been a while since I've seen that scene.

The first half of the movie was about Batman, Gordon, and Dent cleaning up Gotham by taking down the mobs, with the introduction to the Joker. Harvey made Gotham safe and became a hero, then the Joker turned him evil to crush Gotham's spirit. How does that not make sense?

And If you saw Batman Begins, then you'd know why Scarecrow was in this one. He didn't get caught yet.

It makes sense, it just was a big waste of story telling.

Throwing Crow in was unneccisary and lame. It could've been implied that he got caught, but if you're going to take the time to cast him, at least give him a bigger role.

Cillian Murphy did a better job as Scarecrow than Ledger did as Joker IMO.

I'm not saying TDK was horrible, but Begins was a much better film. Better actors, more convincing villains, and very good story telling mixed with a lot of symbolism. Bale, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine all did a much better job acting, and the story was less jumbled and crowded.

I also firmly believe the Crow/Raas combination was handled way better than the Joker/ Two Face was in TDK.

Before I get flamed more, I will say I enjoyed TDK.

I'm just annoyed that it gets more attention than Begins, which I believe is far superior.

It really isn't.

Good points, I did feel the first half was very random and alot of it did not make sense. I know it's just a movie but I didn't like the whole "Joker predicted they would do this, this and that" motif. Joker tried to kill Batman but was stopped by Gordon, and yet that was part of his plan? Gordon was "dead" at that part of the movie. Then the Joker had to chance to whole "phone call' thing in the interrogation room. Then he chances his life to Two-Face(with a 50/50 shot at having his head blown off). It really was a mess to me.