The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

I grew up watching the Batman with Adam West which used more comedic effects than actual fighting.

Now THAT was a complete abomination. Never even close to resembling what Bob Kane or Bill Finger intended for the character when they created him.

I think it's the 2nd best batman thing to date, the first being BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM. Shit that game was awesome.

It really is, and yeah I'm waiting patiently for Arkham City, that should be great.

Edited by moreblack

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these movies are so overrated.

The series changed drastically from what it was intended to be. I grew up watching the Batman with Adam West which used more comedic effects than actual fighting.

Now we see some muscular guy who has some corny ass cover voice while under his mask trying to save a city that looks like a giant shithole and unlivable. What the fuck is this shit?

I'm preparing for nothing, just like the first one. The second one was decent just because of the general hype. Heath Ledger dying was the best thing to happen to this mediocre franchise.

Man, I'm so glad this guy is gone!

So, is it only gonna be Bane, or another villian with him?

I wish they could use The Riddler, I think Johnny Depp would make a good Riddler.

After Ledger's protray of The Joker, I want to see a more sophisticated madman, than a mindless monster.

Bane's not mindless at all. He's probably the most intelligent of all the Batman villains. Catwoman is in this one as well though so it's not just Bane.

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

When banes in venom mode, he's a monster. N I hope they do mention joker n close the matter right. I wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of joker as long as its NOT johnny depp. I like him n all, but seriously, depp as EVERY dark character is retarded. Its almost all people know him for... n I can't wait for this movie. I think if done right it'll be awesome... also, aren't they gonna have someone play a younger verison of rhaoul? Or the scarecrow or something? I can't recall.

What I'd like to see for the villain department: A completely sadistic, politically and economically powerful, intelligent and somehow extremely disgusting penguin, who is 1) intelligent 2) doesn't do any fighting anywhere in the film 3) did I say disgusting already. He wouldn't have to have a long nose or be fat. or shoot shit from fucking umbrellas. :rolleyes: Just be the embodiment of this corrupt and completely evil, yet totally sane, aristocrat kind of thing.

He could have some brainless macho bad guy/monster do his bodily work and fighting and just execute some abhorringly evil plans as a corporate executive, or something like that. would love to see nolan&co. work with that. :thumbsup:

The series changed drastically from what it was intended to be. I grew up watching the Batman with Adam West which used more comedic effects than actual fighting.

Now we see some muscular guy who has some corny ass cover voice while under his mask trying to save a city that looks like a giant shithole and unlivable. What the fuck is this shit?

I'm preparing for nothing, just like the first one. The second one was decent just because of the general hype. Heath Ledger dying was the best thing to happen to this mediocre franchise.

Winning!

And that was never really Batman, just some silly 60s show that somehow licensed the names and characters from DC.

One time, they got the tone and the feel right, it was Bruce Timm's production in the 90s.

somebody didn't read the comic

do people really think that corny Adam West show is the original batman? fuck...

somebody didn't read the comic

do people really think that corny Adam West show is the original batman? fuck...

Word. Some Batman comics are really dark. Way before Nolans Batman existed.

• 2 weeks later...

So, is it only gonna be Bane, or another villian with him?

I wish they could use The Riddler, I think Johnny Depp would make a good Riddler.

After Ledger's protray of The Joker, I want to see a more sophisticated madman, than a mindless monster.

Bane's not mindless at all. He's probably the most intelligent of all the Batman villains. Catwoman is in this one as well though so it's not just Bane.

Raas or The Riddler.

• 1 month later...