Korn co-headlining tour in 2011...?

tomh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. GNR are huge, they can sell stadiums. Korn.. eh? Sorry but why the fuck would GNR co-headline with anyone like korn? Co-hedline with bands as big as Kiss or Metallica.. but if Korn could co-headline with GNR, then I could co-headline with GNR too with my band :D. Ya know.. nothing against Korn, but they are so fuking far from being big enough for GNR..

LOL. GNR are huge, they can sell stadiums. Korn.. eh? Sorry but why the fuck would GNR co-headline with anyone like korn? Co-hedline with bands as big as Kiss or Metallica.. but if Korn could co-headline with GNR, then I could co-headline with GNR too with my band :D. Ya know.. nothing against Korn, but they are so fuking far from being big enough for GNR..

In the US, GNR, atleast Nu-GNR anyway, isn't that big anymore. Korn is probably a bigger draw here then them. As I said, it'll probably be a Limp Bizkit/Korn tour seeing as how Bizkit reunited and have a new record on the way.

In the US, GNR, atleast Nu-GNR anyway, isn't that big anymore. Korn is probably a bigger draw here then them. As I said, it'll probably be a Limp Bizkit/Korn tour seeing as how Bizkit reunited and have a new record on the way.

I watched Korn on HDNet in some crop circle and there was literally no one there.....LOL.

I still think the band should tour with Kid Rock. That would be a true all-night party that GNR advertised on their last tour of the States. Give Kid Rock a good 2 hours to put on a good show and then Axl can go on at 11 - 1:30am. Perfect! Kid Rock can still sell-out an arena easy in most places around America so I'm not sure if he would need GNR, but in many markets where GNR were soft in 2006, Kid Rock would be a huge boost. I also think Axl and Kid Rock are/ were friends.

Kid Rock just released his new album (which I didn't like nearly as much as his Rock N' Roll Jesus masterpiece) so the timing would be perfect.

Edited by Eddie Money

so... Korn III sold 63.000 copies in US in it's first week, landing at nr.2 on Billboard 200 http://www.billboard.com/news/eminem-s-recovery-tops-billboard-200-for-1004105318.story?tag=hpfeed#/news/eminem-s-recovery-tops-billboard-200-for-1004105318.story?tag=hpfeed

and... Chinese Democracy 261.000 in it's first week, landing at nr.3 on Billboard 200 http://www.billboard.com/news/eminem-s-recovery-tops-billboard-200-for-1004105318.story?tag=hpfeed#/news/eminem-s-recovery-tops-billboard-200-for-1004105318.story?tag=hpfeed

and, still there are here, some really puerile people who don't, and for that matter can, understand, that album sells have nothing to do with the quality of the music, but with the economy as a whole, it has to do with marketing, management and so on.

and, also, with the "consumers", the "fan base"...

just to end it shortly, for the ones who believe that Korn is "big enough" or are "even bigger" then GNR, think again. ok?!

How are you measuring that popularity? If it's on album sales you're way off, because Chinese sold a shit load more than Korn's last album. In fact Chinese sold more in the US, than Korn's last album sold worldwide.

Edited by axl8302

Korn would draw a bigger crowd than the new GNR in the US. Sucks to say that

How are you measuring that popularity? If it's on album sales you're way off, because Chinese sold a shit load more than Korn's last album. In fact Chinese sold more in the US, than Korn's last album sold worldwide.

Really? CD sold like 600,000 copies in the US. Korn's new album sold less then that?

Edited by Nintari

Really? CD sold like 600,000 copies in the US. Korn's new album sold less then that?

According to Wikipedia:

So far the album has sold just over 140,000 units in the US alone and over 600,000 worldwide.

So it's close regardless.

According to Wikipedia:

So far the album has sold just over 140,000 units in the US alone and over 600,000 worldwide.

Damn...I stand erected. That's just pathetic.

According to Wikipedia:

See, albums like that are why I don't consider CD a "flop". It sold 5 million worldwide and went platinum in the USA. Korn's album on the other hand did jack shit. Now that, my friend, is a flop.

According to Wikipedia:

See, albums like that are why I don't consider CD a "flop". It sold 5 million worldwide and went platinum in the USA. Korn's album on the other hand did jack shit. Now that, my friend, is a flop.

It went platinum in the US? I didn't know that. Well done.

do people saying "i hope not, i don't like korn" realise that there is no obligation to watch both bands if you go to a show with more than one act? :shrugs:

i'd say if it did happen it would be 'co-headlining' to korn fans only (which is who the facebook update was to!) in that guns would play last every night, have more merch there etc

i do think its unlikely, but its certainly possible as them doing gigs together in oz shows there must be a relationship there somewhere and if the album sales quoted above are accurate korn could do with a bit of exposure to more than just their hardcore fans

nope

nope

.....yep.