Best books on GN'R?

Vincent Vega

I've read most of them.

I liked "Slash". He avoided a lot of the Axl subject but did try to explain some of the big issues. He did a good job of explaining what happened without glorifying or apologizing for it.

W.A.R, Watch You Bleed and one other one that I can't remember the title) were just repeats of each other. Nothing new. If you read one, you've read them all.

Marc Cantor's book was excellent, you get a pretty good feel for what life was really like for them.

Steven's book was sad and a little angry, and only a specific period covering GnR, obviously.

Looking forward to Duff's book, but ultimately it's Axl's book I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting.....

"Slash."

(Let the circling vultures attack! :lol:)

x2

Anyone who thinks different is a Axl worshipping child.

I don't know if it's all accurate but it's certainly entertaining and the only book I'd bother with (so far). Much of the "unofficial" publications are pure rubbish. I read a book by Paul Stenning that sucked.

What is the title of that book? I think it's the other one that I read, and yes, it sucked.

"Slash."

x2

I don't know if it's all accurate but it's certainly entertaining and the only book I'd bother with (so far).

Agreed, I'm currently reading it for the second time.

Plus I really think that it's more accurate than the Axlites might wish. Sure, of course it is HIS side of the story (You could have guessed it!) but it's nowhere near as bad as those idiotic Axlites make it.

"Slash."

x2

I don't know if it's all accurate but it's certainly entertaining and the only book I'd bother with (so far).

Plus I really think that it's more accurate than the Axlites might wish. Sure, of course it is HIS side of the story (You could have guessed it!) but it's nowhere near as bad as those idiotic Axlites make it.

After reading Slash's book (which was enjoyable) it seems Slash cares about what people think of him just as much as Axl.

What I'm left with after reading it, is that he really wants people to like him.

As for calling it accurate - really? it's filled with mistakes and more then a few lies.

"Slash."

x2

After reading Slash's book (which was enjoyable) it seems Slash cares about what people think of him just as much as Axl.

What I'm left with after reading it, is that he really wants people to like him.

As for calling it accurate - really? it's filled with mistakes and more then a few lies.

Axl doesn't give a shit what people think of him.

I would say that is a good thing right now.

"Slash."

x2

Axl doesn't give a shit what people think of him.

Don't be silly.

Watch your bleed was maybe not accurate, but I really enjoyed the read. A good writer is worth one's weight in Gold. :)

Reckless road was awsome, because it's authentic and credible, because of Marc Canter himself. He knows the guys very well and was a part of those days. Was on the right place in the right time.

Mike Wall's book was a bunch of shit, really. Lot of lies not many facts.

I haven't read Slash's book yet, because I admit, I'm afraid a little of this book. I like Slash a lot, but I don't like his current media prostitution (Solo album promotion)

"What I'm left with after reading it, is that he really wants people to like him." Yeaa, and that's the problem for me with this book.

I haven't read Slash's book yet, because I admit, I'm afraid a little of this book. I like Slash a lot, but I don't like his current media prostitution (Solo album promotion)

just read it, you can decide after, not before.

You're right thats why I didn't say it's good or bad. But yes I'll read it.