The band

Vincent Vega

Is it just me, or:

1) Is the band on fire this tour? I mean this tour has seemed tighter and livelier than even 06-07. Axl and the band sounds great and it seems like they're really having a good time.

and

2) The band actually LOOKS like a band. They look like 8 diverse, yet together personalities. Ron with his whole vagrant look--He looks like a biker. The beard is awesome on him IMO. Axl looks awesome for the first time in years. Richard looks like the lovechild of Izzy and Sean Penn. DJ looks awesome and very modern; Chris reminds me of Brian Jones for some reason; Tommy is still a Punk Rocker. Dizzy is Dizzy lol. And Frank looks cool too. They really look like an awesome, modern, 2010 Guns N' Roses.

Edited by Indigo Child

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or:

1) Is the band on fire this tour? I mean this tour has seemed tighter and livelier than even 06-07. Axl and the band sounds great and it seems like they're really having a good time.

and

2) The band actually LOOKS like a band. They look like 8 diverse, yet together personalities. Ron with his whole vagrant look--He looks like a biker. The beard is awesome on him IMO. Axl looks awesome for the first time in years. Richard looks like the lovechild of Izzy and Sean Penn. DJ looks awesome and very modern; Chris reminds me of Brian Jones for some reason; Tommy is still a Punk Rocker. Dizzy is Dizzy lol. And Frank looks cool too. They really look like an awesome, modern, 2010 Guns N' Roses.

Yes they look like a great cover band.

Guest Sweet Tooth

BBA, suck my cock! I bet you're thinkin' of a new forum name as we speak...

yes, this band is a great incarnation of guns, however I think that the Buckethead/Finck duo were amazing.... only because we have yet to hear from this line-up.

I'd owe it much more to Stockholm Syndrome than anything else. These contract musicians have been around long enough for uncle Axl to be able to fit and mold them into his ideal forms. Real convenient one of the rhythm guitarists passes as Izzy at a glance and your lead wears a tophat (I don't care if anyone wore it before Slash, he made it).

The crew Axl has together is probably good enough for me to see, can't say it hold a candle to even the incarnation featuring Bucket. :shrugs:

The crew Axl has together is probably good enough for me to see, can't say it hold a candle to even the incarnation featuring Bucket. :shrugs:

Imo, I'd rather have Bucket and Finck doing their thing on stage then what we have now. If you're not going to reunite the original group then you might as well go as far away from them as possible. What we have now is much more traditional and it doesn't stray too far away from the basic hard rock formula. Yeah sure, they're playing CD songs but they didn't write those and I suspect that if this band writes their own music, it'll be much more ground and classic sounding then what we had on CD.

The band died after the other 4 original left. If axl would just let it go and change the name, stop touring on AFD songs and living off the old band's legacy it would seriously be the best band around today. I think all the people involved are extremely professional and talented individuals fully capable of creating a name for themselves. I really think Axl keeping the GNR brand name is not only a slap in the face to the old band but it also serves as a disservice to the current lineup. Axl is one most well known and respected (talent wise) frontmen of all time. The band would still have huge publicity and could make it big on its own.

ChiDem+ ChiDem II + a few gnr covers = pure win.

Yep!

Indeed, Slashite friends. Axl should just retire...He's garbage, right?

Axl should drop the name, that's all. I wouldnt want to see my idol retiered.

He isn't going to. Sorry.

Thank god, someone can predict the future, I feel much better now.

Edited by LaRocker

Maybe you'll stop your crusade since it's a worthless cause.

why would Axl, after being through years and years of shit with the GNR name, through court battles and big expenses, finally coming through the other side of it to have chinese released and possibly more albums, just decide to wake up one day and say 'fuck that was fun to go through all that headache, how about I just forget the past 15 years of legal worries and just start new' forgetting everything hes believed in?

yeah, makes a lot of sense.