Axl's GNR or original GNR plus different singer?

Aussiegun

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Magically, say in 1998 - Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven wanted to continue a group with a new singer, either an Axl soundalike or maybe one of the singers Slash has dabbled with. Maybe they could call it Appetite for Destruction or GNR (just to piss off Axl)

Also Magically in 1998 - Axl managed to get a band together containing the (in your opinion) best of the Chinese Democracy players. Obviously he'd still call it Guns N Roses.

Who would you prefer?

Mike Patton, Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Richard Fortus ( optional ), Duff, Brain, Charlie Clouser. Pretty much my dream band...

As regards the OP's question : mmmh, OG Guns with someone else could work but the guy needs to have not only a great voice but also a great attitude that makes him stand out.

I love Axl's Guns ( though I wouldn't call them Guns n' Roses ).

Axl's GN'R

Guns N' Roses without Axl is'nt Guns' N Roses.

It would be another Van Halen, only worse.

You can replace the guitar, you can't replace a voice.

In Van Halen's case, I'd say it's the opposite. Some of the Van Hagar stuff was brilliant. Van Halen with Roth and no Eddie would most likely be awful.

Axl's GN'R

Dont tell AC/DC that :). It does help though that Back in Black became their biggest album.

Axl's GN'R

In Van Halen's case, I'd say it's the opposite. Some of the Van Hagar stuff was brilliant. Van Halen with Roth and no Eddie would most likely be awful.

Your opinion loses so much value to me everytime you post. Van Hagar was an abomination.

And I would take just Slash on his own with a different singer if he was playing nearly as many GNR songs Axl is, Axl of the past 15 years has been nothing but a disappointment. I would much rather have a band that can put out two albums in a decade and have successfull tours that go off without a hitch. None of this one lackluster album, completing tours at a 33% success rate, 2 hours late, short setlist, apathetic band with the possibility of a tantrum ending the show bullshit.

• 4 weeks later...

Axl's Guns, definetely. I just love to see this more experimental, metallic, less vintage sounding side of GN'R. TWAT's solo is my all-time favorite from Guns. They also gave low tunings a try with Better! rock1

Nah Shackler's and Scraped are where the low tunings are at, the lowest note on Better is just a C#