What did Axl do during Superbowl 2011 halftime?

Fun n' Games

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I'm guessing he was informed beforehand (took the moral high ground) and instructed Fernando to post a message on the social network pages thanking the NFL nonetheless. I would presume he had a few whacks the old punch bag in his garage though (probably with Slash's face super glued on). Nah just kiddin'. I can't imagine he'd have been overly surprised (considering the individual entailed in the matter).

Fergie really butchered Sweet Child..I'm depressed I even looked it up to watch it since I am very against watching NFL crap anymore. I hope Axl didn't watch it or look it up, it was so awful my ears are bleeding. That bitch has no talent when she's live. I am going to go cry now...

Slash must be gutted with himself. Sell out.

Yeah a guy obliging a friend's request to play with her on music's biggest stage is selling out... :rolleyes: A sellout would be a dumbass who wouldn't do it because he didn't think it was "cool" enough to do for his "image."

As for Axl, he was probably glad he wasn't in Fergie's shoes last night with the amazingly tough SB halftime show critics because there is NO WAY he would've hit the notes consistently through the whole song on that stage and people would be claiming he was a horrible singer.

Slash must be gutted with himself. Sell out.

be more specific, are you talking about him playing with paula rubio, the volkswagon commercials, the guitar hero commercials, you need to help us out here

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

As for Axl, he was probably glad he wasn't in Fergie's shoes last night with the amazingly tough SB halftime show critics because there is NO WAY he would've hit the notes consistently through the whole song on that stage and people would be claiming he was a horrible singer.

Axl wouldn't have been able to sing SCOM live? Oh yeah because he mimes usually?

Axl wouldn't have been able to sing SCOM live? Oh yeah because he mimes usually?

Axl rarely ever sings that song that well live...By well I mean sounding consistent all the way through and hitting all the notes. People seem to love to hate on SB halftime shows and if Axl sang that song like he usually does in front of 110 million people in America the response would not have been kind.

Axl rarely ever sings that song that well live...By well I mean sounding consistent all the way through and hitting all the notes. People seem to love to hate on SB halftime shows and if Axl sang that song like he usually does in front of 110 million people in America the response would not have been kind.

He'd be fine. When he usually sings it (sounds great to me) its quite late on in the show and hes probably quite worn out. If he was at the SB he'd put all his effort into that one song and it would be perfect.

Guest ben9785

It was just hard to watch. I'm sure Black Eyed Peas have entertainment value but that's about it, I prefer my music with depth and meaning behind it.

As for Slash, well I'll put it this way, I'd much rather see him focusing on his own musicianship/writing with his own band, like Velvet Revolver, as opposed to being the 'rock icon' associating with the likes of Fergie, Travis Barker etc.

Edited by ben9785

Haha, okay.

He'll change 20 years of precedent because he's really focusing this time. Are you implying he's not trying his best when he tours?

Okay, I just went to youtube and typed in "Guns N Roses Sweet Child O Mine 2010" and picked the first vid: If Axl sang like this in front of 110 million in the USA alone, he would be written off as a complete hack and totally washed up. All the people would be comparing it to the studio quality track they've heard 100's of times and it simply pales in comparison. That's a fact.

Edited by Martin Riggs

Haha, okay.

He'll change 20 years of precedent because he's really focusing this time. Are you implying he's not trying his best when he tours?

I said I think he sings it great but obviously someone is going to sound better vocally when he's not wrecked from running around the past 2 hours. I do believe he gives his best but its going to tell in your voice when you've been running around. He's almost 50 for crying out loud.

shit if all axl had to do is sing 30 seconds of the song and that was it, it would sound studio quality axls voice on SCOM since 2006 has been fine sounds great

You think Axl in that video above (2010 live) sounds great?

I'm not trying to hate on Axl, but some perspective needs to be added. If he sang SCOM live at the superbowl it wouldn't go down well. I'm happy to listen to another recent live performance of SCOM if that particular video is an anomoly, but I doubt it.