ORIGINAL GUNS N' ROSES IN TALKS FOR NEXT SUPERBOWL

sascha

no way. for axl to do that he would have to basically divorce the new line up and all the new gnr had/has is lost. axl would need to be broke and we know he isnt. money aside, you still have two mega egos that need to reconcile. that is also impossible. unless they are both broke, and again, they arent

Why would axl have to divorce the current lineup? They're big boys they know they're not the ones that would be offered HUGE money to play, they shouldn't have a problem with it. It's a one-off thing, do it and get back to whatever it is they're doing now.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way it happens, unless the band reunites before this and does this for a tour/cd promotion. If the band isn't getting paid to do this gig, then there is no value to them without some kind of future benefit. Knowing how much AXL hates slash, something fucking magical would have to happen, and fuck knows what Axl wants.

It would be a good way to hype their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction later in 2012.

Like the HOF induction, they would only have to perform a few songs.

I say go for it.

You mean the HOF induction that won't happen in 2012?

Face it, Guns are NOT getting in on first year eligibility.

Hopefully, Axl (the Indiana native) is on his meds, and agrees to do the show. It’s always a shame when a great band lets squabbles put a premature end to their creativity and ability to thrill an audience. GNR is long past its creative peak, but for 12-minutes, I would sit still in front of a TV to watch them rock.

Another moron who doesn't understand jackshit to GNR and Axl. It's because of retards like him that a reunion won't ever happen.

So no reunion because of the media and not personal feelings in the band eh? The media calls the shots?

Guest siliconmessiah

It´s incredible how these threads start over here everyday.

Axl has even been here on this forum, personally. Telling people that there NEVER will be a reunion with him and Slash.

Axl Rose and Slash will never, ever share a stage together again.

Axl Rose and Slash will never play music together again.

Yet these threads get created. Who the fuck are creating them?!

Guns N´ Roses consists of:

Axl Rose

Dizzy Reed

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

DJ Ashba

Richard Fortus

Tommy Stinson

Chris Pitman

Frank Ferrer

Therefore, it´s impossible for the "original" Guns N Roses to play the next superbowl. It will not happen. Not ever at all.

Next.

Edited by siliconmessiah

I wonder if this is an opportunity for Axl / whatever managment they have to sell New GNR to the NFL. I mean if he says a reunion is out of the question to the NFL halftime people - but also says he's willing to play it with New GNR, will the NFL be interested? Either one would be cool... although the reunion would create hype the music industry hasn't seen in many many years.

Guest ben9785

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that Axl would consider doing a show for a special event/one off, as opposed to a full reunion with extensive tour, etc?

If it's true that artists play the Superbowl event for free (minus logistical expenses), I think this is the kind of event they could do, just for the sake of the fans to enjoy because I'm sure they know how much they'd love to see them playing again at least one more time, for one song, or a medley or whatever. This, or a Hall of Fame induction.

Edited by ben9785

I don't think the Super Bowl will ever allow anyone controversial to play ever again after the Janet thing. Guns is too much of a risk.

Not to mention the time-lag. It wouldn't be a half time show, more like a third quarter! :D

who the hell are they supposedly in talks with? all theyll get is fucking Adler and maybe traci guns and gilby.

Axl cleared up this shit with his tweet the other day.

Original GnR are gone forever, I cherish the fucking awesome music they made together, and im happy with what i have.

Unless Axl gets done for tax evasion and loses everything, it will not happen.

It would be a good way to hype their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction later in 2012.

Like the HOF induction, they would only have to perform a few songs.

I say go for it.

You mean the HOF induction that won't happen in 2012?

Face it, Guns are NOT getting in on first year eligibility.

it has already been announced that they will be inducted in 2012.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=170898&st=0&p=2796734entry2796734

:rofl-lol:

so funny!

it's like, what? either Steven or Matt, and Dizzy?

were is the most original line-up of GNR then?

hello?

re-unionists? were are u on this one?

are pure blooded as in AFD line-up or mixed up feelings towards and could get pleased with just the beginning of UYI line-up?

so funny!

it's like, what? either Steven or Matt, and Dizzy?

were is the most original line-up of GNR then?

hello?

re-unionists? were are u on this one?

are pure blooded as in AFD line-up or mixed up feelings towards and could get pleased with just the beginning of UYI line-up?

Frankly, I'm not sure Adler could take the pressure from that kind of appearance after being out of the spotlight and on rock bottom for 20 years. Matt seems like a more solid choice. Although it would probably kill Steven to be left out.