No Grammy's 2011 thread?

Zint

I liked that performance..catchy song...the guy can sing!

Elton John already played the Muppet Show though. :shrugs:

It was actually a fairly entertaining Grammy's for a change.

I enjoyed this year's show, but didn't feel like talking about it on a GNR board. Something tells me folks around here aren't so open to modern popular music...

Glad to hear Arcade Fire won. They really do deserve it.

You ever feel like they try too hard to be different? (Honest Question) Don't get me wrong, I guess I am a fan, as I think Funeral is one the best albums I've heard this decade, just seemed like on subsequent albums, instead of trying to make new exciting music, they were merely posing for the latest cover of Spin.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Glad to hear Arcade Fire won. They really do deserve it.

You ever feel like they try too hard to be different? (Honest Question) Don't get me wrong, I guess I am a fan, as I think Funeral is one the best albums I've ever heard this decade, just seemed like on subsequent albums, instead of trying to make new exciting music, they were merely posing for the latest cover of Spin.

Oh definitely. I think a lot of bands go out of their way to try to contrive some sort persona for the audience, but that's all part of the show in the end.

Funeral's alright, but I think The Suburbs is my favourite of theirs.

You ever feel like they try too hard to be different?

I know you didn't ask me, but this is exactly how I feel about them. That, and the fact that people have been sucking their dicks lately, when I can't hear anything special in them.

Edited by chevelle

Eminem / Rhianna / Skylar Grey / Dr. Dre was probably my favorite performance of the night. So much energy and emotion. Dylan was incredible, too. Nice to see him moving around, singing a bit more smoothly and just having fun. Overall I'd say it was an up year for the performances.