Ya know, as it pertains to songs off of CD

tange

Looking through the citations of the music it seems that Finck and Bucket were only responsible (from the standpoint of crafting the songs). Shack, Better, Scraped, and Sorry.

Great songs but after looking that over more closely it appears that Tobias, Pitman, Dizzy and Axl are the core writing group. So I guess if like me you like CD then you shouldn't be worried about whether the band can write songs without Robin or Bucket.

The key song writers are all still in the band. Am i totally off here?

Looking through the citations of the music it seems that Finck and Bucket were only responsible (from the standpoint of crafting the songs). Shack, Better, Scraped, and Sorry.

Great songs but after looking that over more closely it appears that Tobias, Pitman, Dizzy and Axl are the core writing group. So I guess if like me you like CD then you shouldn't be worried about whether the band can write songs without Robin or Bucket.

what leads you to believe there ever going to write new music....? theyve got 2 cds ready to go according to BF, and they cant even get those out. I think everyone needs to get the writing of new music, outside of the previously completely CD unreleased work, out of their minds. because its just not happening

I think people are more bothered about bucket and finck writing and preforming raw and awesome guitar parts than emotional lyrics

Crafting the songs includes guitar parts. I wasn't referring to lyrics in the first place. The arrangements of the songs were in large part written by other members as far as the writing credits.

As for solos, i think thats probably the last thing necessary to make a great song.

what leads you to believe there ever going to write new music....? theyve got 2 cds ready to go according to BF, and they cant even get those out. I think everyone needs to get the writing of new music, outside of the previously completely CD unreleased work, out of their minds. because its just not happening

Understood but not m point. Many on here seem to think the band is lost without Bucket and/or Robin on board. The arranging of music on CD I indicates otherwise. But I do agree with you. There will be no "new" songs anytime soon, unless DJ gets the go ahead to craft a single.

'Better' is one of the best songs on the album. It ranks above alot of the other songs, IMO. All credit to Finck for that, trully epic.

agreed. Great song. Probably my second favorite off CD and probably the most consistent favorite if you just ask a random fan. Great song and great lyrics.

As for solos, i think thats probably the last thing necessary to make a great song.

I agree for the most part. But given the cut and paste nature of the songs, individual parts in the right place can make a big difference. Half of CD songs you can not even tell where a song came from.

I mean the root idea of TWAT isn't all that, but add Bucket and some Axl wails and you've really got something.

I agree for the most part. But given the cut and paste nature of the songs, individual parts in the right place can make a big difference. Half of CD songs you can not even tell where a song came from.

I mean the root idea of TWAT isn't all that, but add Bucket and some Axl wails and you've really got something.

Good point. those contributions from bucket are well received by me. I just mean to say that the core idea is not bucket or robin. the overall theme and ideas on the record are not a product of the guitar players.

I thought that was an interesting point seeing as how many have said now that DJ and Ron are in the band the direction of the music would be very different if they went in the studio.

I'm not so sure.

maybe so, but Pittman and Dizzy are not what gave CD its sound, that was down to a big contribution from Robin and Bucket more than anyone.

maybe so, but Pittman and Dizzy are not what gave CD its sound, that was down to a big contribution from Robin and Bucket more than anyone.

Not disagreeing but can you elaborate more. Axl even said he wrote guitar parts for There was a time. So the chords and rhythm guitars were certainly not Robin or Bucket.

Thanks man, good find. It seems that even in the alt. booklet there's wrong stuff. Robin is credited in 7 tracks instead: http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300&mode=results&searchstr=1723057&search_in=c&search_type=exact&search_det=t,s,w,p,b,v&results_pp=25&start=1