Home Theaters

Nice! You buying one right away?

Yeah if the price is comparable up here.

I checked Solutions AV, they aren't saying anything yet...and at one point their online store was offline today.I noticed they are now sold out of the both the 93 and 95.

As long as they don't price gouge, and they stay close to a comparable price of 499 U.S. yeah I'm in right away.

If they offer up preorders, I'm going on the list.

I'm going to keep a close eye on that, I'd like to get in on first shipment.

Decided that I'm not going to get the smaller towers for my rears. It would be awesome for when I'm playing music, but for movies and whatnot, it wouldn't really be worth it. Going to get a different model of surrounds, and then some bookshelves for my sides, all for the same cost of what the towers alone would have been. Can't wait. :)

For the other tech-savvy guys, I'm probably looking to upgrade receivers a bit. I have a 7.1 right now, but with my BP-8060 towers, I have the sub input split, so I can hook up both of my subs in my towers. But, I have the woofer I want to hook up in my CS-8060, so I'm mainly upgrading to get 7.2, that way I'll have two sub inputs, one split for my towers, and another for my center channel.

I'm possibly looking at the Pioneer Elite VSX-60. Anyone have any thoughts, or maybe other recommendations (if you have any recommendations, please limit it to bestbuy.com because I get a discount on that stuff :lol:)?

For the other tech-savvy guys, I'm probably looking to upgrade receivers a bit. I have a 7.1 right now, but with my BP-8060 towers, I have the sub input split, so I can hook up both of my subs in my towers. But, I have the woofer I want to hook up in my CS-8060, so I'm mainly upgrading to get 7.2, that way I'll have two sub inputs, one split for my towers, and another for my center channel.

I'm possibly looking at the Pioneer Elite VSX-60. Anyone have any thoughts, or maybe other recommendations (if you have any recommendations, please limit it to bestbuy.com because I get a discount on that stuff :lol:)?

Pioneer makes decent stuff, had an Elite DVD player and loved it, and that would be nice for your bedroom setup but if you want one of the best here it is..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Marantz+-+875W+7.2-Ch.+3D+Pass+Through+A/V+Home+Theater+Receiver/4838127.p?id=1218540193509&skuId=4838127

Now that I have my HD TV that unit or the next gen Marantz will be going into my home theater setup next spring along with an extra bass module and 2 more surrounds I have sitting in the closet waiting for the money.

I have an old SR8000 Marantz 5.1 I bought in 2000 and I am still using and it as it is a stellar receiver and built like a tank.

Or you could get this Denon which is made by the same company these days and has many of the same features but not quite the solid construction and they compromise a little on the components to keep the price down but still an excellent performer.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Denon+-+IN-Command+875W+7.2-Ch.+3D+Pass+Through+A/V+Home+Theater+Receiver/4838084.p?id=1218540191276&skuId=4838084

Edited by classicrawker

I might look into the Denon. I usually get stuff like this for around 50% off, so I'll have to check the discounts tomorrow.

You won't be dissapointed as they make top shelf stuff...........

While your at it check out the next level down Marantz as it is also an amazing receiver and about the same price as the Denon just a little less power

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Marantz+-+770W+7.2-Ch.+3D+Pass+Through+A/V+Home+Theater+Receiver/4838224.p?id=1218540192007&skuId=4838224

Edited by classicrawker

• 2 weeks later...

Decided that I'm going to either get the Denon AVR2313 or 3313. With my discount, the 3313 would be roughly $250 more, and I'm just trying to justify that much more for the receiver. Either way, the 2313 is still an upgrade over what I have now.

With all this high end gear you're getting man, you really should consider an Oppo blu-ray deck.

The info on the new models is just starting to roll out...you should check them out.

Kbear and CR can vouch for Oppo, (they got me hooked).

A soon as the preorders are up for the new model at the store near here, I'm in.

You have the same TV?

And what kind of question is that? I obviously got mine at Best Buy :lol:

Yeah, I bought that model in 2010 for $1500. I thought you bought it from US-Appliance because that store used to have great discounts.

Either way, since you live in America, everything is cheaper for you. :no:

i am in need of a new tv and i want to go 3D how do you guys rate that tv?

It's been discontinued for quite some time, I don't know if you can find it. I'm very pleased with quality but I bought it in 2010, there are better models now. HX850 Series for example.

I'll be buying the XBR65HX950 when it gets released but that's because I'm a fussy cunt. :lol:

You have the same TV?

And what kind of question is that? I obviously got mine at Best Buy :lol:

Yeah, I bought that model in 2010 for $1500. I thought you bought it from US-Appliance because that store used to have great discounts.

Either way, since you live in America, everything is cheaper for you. :no:

I actually paid $1,800 for mine :fuckyou:

As far as looking for a new TV, depends on what you want to use it for mainly. Plasmas are absolutely great, but they aren't always what I'd go to first.

It will mainly be for gaming i was told before plasma is best for games?

I watch 720p movie and tv downloads but im not a movie buff by any stretch more a gaming man

Plasmas can have a more accurate picture quality so if you watch a lot of movies or HD quality programming they are tough to beat. But for gaming I would stick with an LED as they are brighter and don't suffer from Image Retention caused by static images being displayed on the screen for long periods of time like games can subject a TV to. This can be an issue with Plasmas and while the images will fade with time and when watching programming they can be annoying to some.