Axl vs Activision

maximum

As I bet Activision has all their paper work in order.

No you WANT them to have it in order, you WANT Axl to fail and you WANT GNR to look stupid.

See the difference?

I think Activision have Slash perform Slash guitar work as 100% acceptable.

I think Axl's demands for cash 1 year after the game became a huge success un-acceptable.

You don't care about this either way, you're just trolling.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you WANT them to have it in order, you WANT Axl to fail and you WANT GNR to look stupid.

See the difference?

I think Axl's demands for cash 1 year after the game became a huge success un-acceptable.

Slash should have played Slither NOT a GNR song.

ok bright spark - anwser this: who was suposed to play Welcome to the Jungle? a song Axl / Beta / who-ever gave Activision permission to use ?

See the difference?

Slither was already featured as downloadable content I belive. So he played both songs, both on the original versions and on the game

See the difference?

ok bright spark - anwser this: who was suposed to play Welcome to the Jungle? a song Axl / Beta / who-ever gave Activision permission to use ?

Unknown characters, like most songs in the game bright spark.

See the difference?

Yeah like 90% of the songs.

as opposed to the guy who was in the writing of it? yeah, that makes sense...

It doesn't have to "make sense", it was the terms that they agreed to, and the only reason they got the song in the first place.

So what do you want? Every song to feature it's lead guitar player?

it was the terms that they agreed to, and the only reason they got the song in the first place.

Yep

It doesn't have to "make sense",

they felt it did.

Really? So why did they make an agreement to the contrary?

either they didn't think it was a big deal, or they didn't really agree to it. Obviously if there's legal documents involved they'll point one way or the other.

they felt it did.

either they didn't think it was a big deal, or they didn't really agree to it. Obviously if there's legal documents involved they'll point one way or the other.

As if Axl would go to all this trouble if he didn't have proof, they fucked up (as they've done before) and it's going to cost them.

Edited by axl8302

they felt it did.

As if Axl would go to all this trouble if he didn't have proof, they fucked up (as they've done before) and it's going to cost them.

Yeah like Axl needs a good reason to sue someone.......... :rolleyes:

Edited by classicrawker

they felt it did.

He and his legal team wouldn't have filed this suit and made the claims he did (like e-mails confirming no use of Velvet Revolver in the game, no license granted to use SCOM in advertising) without solid legal standing. Otherwise, the cased would be thrown out of court.

Ali

they felt it did.

He and his legal team wouldn't have filed this suit and made the claims he did (like e-mails confirming no use of Velvet Revolver in the game, no license granted to use SCOM in advertising) without solid legal standing. Otherwise, the cased would be thrown out of court.

Ali

He may or may not have a case against Activision as that is yet to be seen but even you have to admit Axl is involved in a large number of lawsuits Ali...............

I don't see why the Slash fan boys can't look at this issue with an objective opinion. Every issue in the world should not be based on the fact that you think Slash is the King of music and Axl is the devil of the world. Just because YOU dislike Axl doesn't mean he is wrong in everything he does.

This case appears to be pretty simple.

Axl told Activision they could use Jungle in their game......as long as they didn't use Slash OR ANY MEMBER OF THE CURRENT band as a figure playing the song.

Activision apparently agreed to this and then used Slash anyway.

Axl isn't suing Slash. And if Slash has a problem with the way Axl license's out any song, then he shouldn't have singed his rights to the name over to Axl, nor should Slash have QUIT the band.

This lawsuit isn't about if Slash recorded the song, if Slash wrote the song, if Slash is the best guitar player in the history of the world, etc. To keep bringing up those arguements is ridiculous.

The basis of the case is did Activision violate an agreement that they made with Axl Rose. Pure and simple. If they did - they deserve to be sued. If they are proven to not have - then they deserve to win the case. Either way - it has NOTHING to do with Slash personally.

See the difference?

It's much better to have Slash front his guitar work than some unknown. Having an unknown front your guitar work is far more insulting.

Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl were both happy for Kurt Cobain to front 2 Nirvana songs guring Guitar Hero. Their only objection was allowing Kurt to be unlocked thus being playable as a character to front other non Nirvana songs. Which makes far more sense than the issue Axl has with Slash performing his own music.

Here's other examples of redistribution of the pre-1996 Guns N' Roses products in other forms, after 1996.

Wow dude, you are so out your depth in this conversation. You just don't get it.

if axl doesn't want people to associate slash with gnr, then i think the onus is on axl to get cooler guitar players and make better music than he did with slash. or at least something that's in the same general league.

also, if axl has all these specific contractual demands, he should write a contract and not allow it all to be handled in a phone call with his housekeeper. it's like he sets himself up for failure sometimes.

The onus isn't on guns, the onus is own Activision to respect and adhere to the legal contract that initially agreed to.

A verbal contact is treated exactly the same in court as a written one - it's doesn't make a difference. Business's are bought and sold on verbal contracts and handshakes. And for the record, Beta is his PA, not his housekeeper - at least not exclusively. Bounce, hater.

oh, okay sorry. then in the future, axl should have his legal contracts handled by lawyers with contracts and not a friendly phone chat with the "personal assistant / housekeeper." but it strikes me as slightly psycho that i earned "hater" status not for criticizing his music, but for criticizing the business skills of his personal assistant. sensitive much?

if you think that's a normal way that multi-million dollar contracts are negotiated, then you're as dillusional as a housekeeper who tries to manage a band.

I've read your previous posts, you're a certified hater. Like I said, many, many contracts (even multi million dollar ones) are done on the phone or with the shake of a hand. if you don't understand that, then you're naive.

What do you do for a living anyway that makes you such an expert of contract negotiation?

every time i take a job, my entertainment attorney goes over every page of the contract, redlines his changes, returns it, their attorneys do the same, we revise and we repeat. i promise you, many many people use legal contracts to specify details of work agreements. it's far more unusual to let your housekeeper handle these things through friendly phone chats. especially for something as massive as a licensing agreement between two huge franchises.

if your allegiance to axl requires you to believe that legal contracts are less common than handshakes in the business world, then you're even more delusional than the people who thought kids would be dancing in their highschool hallways to street of dreams.

but please... go on and tell me about all your legal experiences negotiating entertainment contracts. if you had a ridiculously detailed list of demands about who's music could be heard and whether their image could be seen in conjunction with the music they created, would you let your housekeeper take care of it?

I work in the entertainment industry, I'm a film producer and director... and a lot of my deals are done on verbal agreements and handshakes. You're just a hater, how Axl handles his business is up to him, he's certainly far more succcesful than you and I - he doesn't need your advice.

She's his PA and a very important and trusted member of the GN'R camp, she's not "just" a housekeeper. Christ, he even calls him his mother! Your argument there is void.

yeah, i guess you're right. i guess business don't use legal contracts when engaging in business deals worth millions of dollars. i just thought they did because i'm an idiot. instead, they get on a conference call and just promise to be honest and give each other everything the other person feels entitled too. it's called the honor system, and it's the basis of our judiciary system here in america you'll notice we don't have courts and lawyers, because when dealing in handshakes instead of contracts, we all just trust each other.

by the way, i didn't realize that axl's housekeeper was promoted to personal assistant. that title change makes all the difference when it comes to negotiating legal contracts on behalf of multiple parties. i feel way more confident that the woman who hooked axl up with yoda is now the chief point person for all things business and legal. no wonder this "band" has been kicking so much ass.

Edited by cancerface

Here's other examples of redistribution of the pre-1996 Guns N' Roses products in other forms, after 1996.

Wow dude, you are so out your depth in this conversation. You just don't get it.

if axl doesn't want people to associate slash with gnr, then i think the onus is on axl to get cooler guitar players and make better music than he did with slash. or at least something that's in the same general league.

also, if axl has all these specific contractual demands, he should write a contract and not allow it all to be handled in a phone call with his housekeeper. it's like he sets himself up for failure sometimes.

The onus isn't on guns, the onus is own Activision to respect and adhere to the legal contract that initially agreed to.

A verbal contact is treated exactly the same in court as a written one - it's doesn't make a difference. Business's are bought and sold on verbal contracts and handshakes. And for the record, Beta is his PA, not his housekeeper - at least not exclusively. Bounce, hater.

oh, okay sorry. then in the future, axl should have his legal contracts handled by lawyers with contracts and not a friendly phone chat with the "personal assistant / housekeeper." but it strikes me as slightly psycho that i earned "hater" status not for criticizing his music, but for criticizing the business skills of his personal assistant. sensitive much?

if you think that's a normal way that multi-million dollar contracts are negotiated, then you're as dillusional as a housekeeper who tries to manage a band.

I've read your previous posts, you're a certified hater. Like I said, many, many contracts (even multi million dollar ones) are done on the phone or with the shake of a hand. if you don't understand that, then you're naive.

What do you do for a living anyway that makes you such an expert of contract negotiation?

every time i take a job, my entertainment attorney goes over every page of the contract, redlines his changes, returns it, their attorneys do the same, we revise and we repeat. i promise you, many many people use legal contracts to specify details of work agreements. it's far more unusual to let your housekeeper handle these things through friendly phone chats. especially for something as massive as a licensing agreement between two huge franchises.

if your allegiance to axl requires you to believe that legal contracts are less common than handshakes in the business world, then you're even more delusional than the people who thought kids would be dancing in their highschool hallways to street of dreams.

but please... go on and tell me about all your legal experiences negotiating entertainment contracts. if you had a ridiculously detailed list of demands about who's music could be heard and whether their image could be seen in conjunction with the music they created, would you let your housekeeper take care of it?

I work in the entertainment industry, I'm a film producer and director... and a lot of my deals are done on verbal agreements and handshakes. You're just a hater, how Axl handles his business is up to him, he's certainly far more succcesful than you and I - he doesn't need your advice.

She's his PA and a very important and trusted member of the GN'R camp, she's not "just" a housekeeper. Christ, he even calls him his mother! Your argument there is void.

yeah, i guess you're right. i guess business don't use legal contracts when engaging in business deals worth millions of dollars. i just thought they did because i'm an idiot. instead, they get on a conference call and just promise to be honest and give each other everything the other person feels entitled too. it's called the honor system, and it's the basis of our judiciary system here in america you'll notice we don't have courts and lawyers, because when dealing in handshakes instead of contracts, we all just trust each other.

by the way, i didn't realize that axl's housekeeper was promoted to personal assistant. that title change makes all the difference when it comes to negotiating legal contracts on behalf of multiple parties. i feel way more confident that the woman who hooked axl up with yoda is now the chief point person for all things business and legal. no wonder this "band" has been kicking so much ass.

You're right, you are an idiot!

If you'd seen the seen the band live you'd realize that they've been kicking ass for a long, long time.

I actually think Axl will get a nice settlement out of this. I really don't see it going all the way to the end but we don't know the facts too well so we'll see!

It's totally about money. He'll settle. He just wants Activision to feel some hurt it seems.