So Fred Durst leaked the whole new Limp Bizkit album...

The Glow Inc.

that's awesome all albums should leak.

It leaked 4 days prior to the official release, so it did quite well to last that long. Metallica's Death magnetic leaked 8 days prior, which Lars was happy that it leaked that close. A big contrast from when they were suing Napster for file sharing. It has become part of the industry now. I still think Durst leaking the album in it's entirety to be a bad move, surely it would have benefited physical and digital sales if it was left til the official date.

I'm not so sure that Fred leaked it. He just might be saying that and just being Fred. And album leaking these days isn't that big of a deal anyways...

But you know, the album itself is pretty damn good!

Edited by jekylhyde

i don't think it was fred who leaked it. he just wanna bring positive attention to their new music, getting people excited about it

my 30 year old brother asked me what i was listening to and i answered limp bizkit so he asked what album and i said it was from their upcoming and he liked it.

More important to get the word he has new music out and make money off of touring and other means (movie & TV shows... there's bound to be a car chase shoot em up that'll use one of their songs) than it is trying to make money off of music sales.

Metallica bashed Napster and their followers because someone stole a song they were working on and posted it on the internet, no diff. than what has happened to GNR in the past. They had allowed taping at their shows and Cliff Em All is a prime example of why they approve of their shows being bootlegged. The fans have footage they never would've been able to get otherwise. Someone stole a work in progress song and posted it out on the internet, but w/ Lars being Lars, put his foot in his mouth instead of pleading with fans not to download something he's not done with. The approach he should've taken is free tickets to see them anywhere in the world and backstage passes to the source of the leak, but had to prove it. Way cheaper than going through show biz lawyers, managers and agents who just play head games with artists to justify their existence.

Advanced copy was prob. already out there and he just said fuck it.

that's awesome all albums should leak.

It leaked 4 days prior to the official release, so it did quite well to last that long. Metallica's Death magnetic leaked 8 days prior, which Lars was happy that it leaked that close. A big contrast from when they were suing Napster for file sharing. It has become part of the industry now. I still think Durst leaking the album in it's entirety to be a bad move, surely it would have benefited physical and digital sales if it was left til the official date.

yeah like streaming it on myspace for free. sometimes it doesn't work like that though, the hype about the leak sells more copies. it builds good blood amongst the fans. if you piss them off they dl it for sure.

More important to get the word he has new music out and make money off of touring and other means (movie & TV shows... there's bound to be a car chase shoot em up that'll use one of their songs) than it is trying to make money off of music sales.

Metallica bashed Napster and their followers because someone stole a song they were working on and posted it on the internet, no diff. than what has happened to GNR in the past. They had allowed taping at their shows and Cliff Em All is a prime example of why they approve of their shows being bootlegged. The fans have footage they never would've been able to get otherwise. Someone stole a work in progress song and posted it out on the internet, but w/ Lars being Lars, put his foot in his mouth instead of pleading with fans not to download something he's not done with. The approach he should've taken is free tickets to see them anywhere in the world and backstage passes to the source of the leak, but had to prove it. Way cheaper than going through show biz lawyers, managers and agents who just play head games with artists to justify their existence.

Advanced copy was prob. already out there and he just said fuck it.

I'm pretty sure Metallica sued over file sharing of their existing songs at the time. I was made pretty evident. Even Lars said "We know the future of music is selling it online, but how can you do that when the guy next door is giving it away for free?". It wasn't over unreleased/demo tracks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This CD is good, reminds me of Significant Other a little bit. They need to do more songs like their original CD.....Three Dollar Bill was the best

they've always put on good performances live too... especially in the early days like these vids

• 3 weeks later...