Who is your favourite drummer?

2x4

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brain. He's been my favourite drummer since I've heard him on the Brown Album by Primus.

I think his drumming on Chinese isn't anything special though. It doesn't stand out. Doesn't make him any less of a beast.

Mike Portnoy otherwise and because I have to pick one but favourite drummer always was and always will be Brain.

I think Frank is the best drummer Guns has ever had. He is skilled enough to cover Brain's parts from CD and he has more groove than Sorum, who I always found to have a very mechanical sound - best of both worlds basically. Frank really pounds the hell out of those drums and is a real treat to watch/hear live. I really like his subtle changes to songs like Brownstone and Rocket Queen to make them even groovier, a groove that has been missing since Steven got fired, in my opinion of course. Brain is probably one of the best drummers around and I liked him with Guns. The only thing I never cared for was his take on You Could Be Mine.

Voted Neil Peart for the other half. His DVD "Analogy of a Drum Solo" really shows that beyond his obvious technical skill, he has such a great admiration and appreciation for all things percussion.

• 1 month later...

Seeing Guns twice more this year really cemented my opinion that Frank is the all-around best fit GN'R has ever had in a drummer. He's got the groove of Adler, and the technical precision of Matt and Brain. He really handled Estranged well in particular IMO, despite being a moderately simple song drum-wise.

• 3 months later...