Who is your favourite drummer?

2x4

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Sweet Tooth

Vinnie is badass, it was between him and Lombardo but Lombardo took it. Seasons of the abyss has kickass drumming. Out of the GNR drummers, Mantia is my go to man, loved his work with Primus and Buckethead.

Of GN'R drummers, Frank. He just seemed to really gel well musically when I saw them. He keeps the beat; exactly what a GN'R drummer needs to do.

Of other drummers, I voted Neil Peart. However, none of my top 3 are on your poll. My top 3 (which are all fairly interchangeable in terms of preference) are Buddy Rich, Nicko McBrain, and David Garibaldi.

Guest Len B'stard

Keith Moon Keith Moon Keith Moon Keith Moon. All day, everytime and all night and well into tommorow afternoon Definitely Keith Moon, no fucking question. Absolutely the most brilliant drummer in the history of post war popular music, no one compares, the Hendrix of the drumkit. In fact, fuck that, Keith wasn't the anyone of anything, he was Keith fucking Moon, Mad Moon, a totally an utterly non-cerebral instinctive genius. His drumming makes me laugh, it makes me cry, it makes me sit back and go "you fuckin flash bastard", he's it, it begins and ends with Moonie.

The guy hated drum solos, wtf, makes PERFECT sense. Serve the fucking song! The best and most amazing bits of drumming of his are little fills, cheeky little between chorus and verse little 3 second flickey things, leave it up to Keith, he didn't need a 20 minute solo spot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmdtO-2eJWA

Is that the best drumming in the world or what?!?! Sounds like he's thumping big fuckin tubs. Prime example, Moonie just makes the song, not that it's not a catchy little ditty anyway but the drums are right up there, right up in front, Moonie made the fuckin drums an instrument in rock n roll, his fuckin West Coast surf sensibilities, without Moonie we'd still be talking about Lead Guitarists, it's so jumped up, it's so amped, it's never like...heavy in a sludgey way, it always sounds sharp and upbeat.

The guy made NO sense as a drummer, he seemed to follow some weird fuckin rhythm in his head, just totally reinterpreted a song when he put his touch to it, he followed the fuckin vocals...and kept the rhythm whilst doing so. Totally instinctive innovativeness, just cuz thats how he was, a fucking genius.

i LOVE LOVE LOVE Keith Moon, i think he's magic, he's brilliant, he's my hero, he's a lad, he's a fucking geezer, he's the beginning and the end of drumming for me, the Muhammad Ali of the drumkit, there will never ever in a bajillion years be another Keith Moon or anything approaching how fucking marvelous and amazing he was in EVERY sense but chiefly as a musician. He just mesmerises me, he's entertaining, you can't take your eyes off of him...and it's all so humourous and silly

That was my ringtone for years :)

Ginger Baker i love too but in a different way...more jazzy and more space and precise and controlled. Not a patch on Mad Moon though who is my hero in life, someone whom, if i was ever given the choice to be anyone else in the world, i'd be Keith Moon and live his life. Legend Legend Legend, the Legend to end all Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hje28F-IhLo

THATS fucking drumming!

Edited by sugaraylen

Yeah, Brain was for me, the best Guns drummer ever. I just love his feel, sound, and general approach.

Also...Lars. Cause I think even though he's obviously lacking in some ways technically, he's very inventive and always seem to have a lot of character in his drumming, much like Adler.

Edited by Rovim

1 vote for Bill Ward and 10 for Lars?? That is pretty comical....

Tell me about it!

Lars was a decent drummer and is still not half bad but Bill Ward, Vinnie Paul, Neil Peart??? People don't know a good drummer. With Steven over Matt in the GN'R drummer section just reconfirms people don't know drums.

Guest Len B'stard

can't believe there's so little mention of Keith Moon in this thread, the man who actually made the drums an instrument in rock n roll, bought it too the forefront, along with being the most colourful, the most naturally talented and general fantabulous drummer ever known to man.

I voted Matt Sorum, I dunno why... should've voted Frank. I have no idead why Adler is winning... the guy's the most pathetic person ever to be in gnr. Outside GnR i voted Lars Ulrich but it's really Mikkey Dee, the guy's the best drummer in the world, hands down.

Keith Moon is the greatest drummer of all time, and Michael Giles isn't very far behind (if only for his work on In The Court of the Crimson King). But Bill Ward is probably my third favorite, so I went with him.

Brain is the best drummer Guns N' Roses has ever had.