Have You Ever Met a New GNR Fan Outside of the Forums?

cancerface

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have met a few. When the first IRS leak happened I sent it to a few people and the best reaction I got was "It's alright, but not as good as the old band". The rest were the same but missing some "it's alright" bit. I didn't get this because at the time I thought IRS was the shit.

When TWAT leaked I was amazed by the buckethead/finck solo and showed people who actually dug the solo but developed no further interest in the song or band.

Then when CD came out one of my friends (those kind of friends you see only at parties and on facebook) posted that he loved the album on his facebook.

That's it. No one else. Only people surprised they're still together, think Axl is a crazy douche, or hate the new band with a passion.

This thread is funny though, I have to say. The Axl nuthuggers jump all over the OP because I guess he has a reputation? If Volcano or Ucudbemine made this thread they wouldn't be accused of trolling... This thread isn't trolling, I find it interesting. Axl nuthuggers just say it is because they can't reply intelligently with stories of people they met who like CD since they really are a rare breed so people like Volcano use terrible arguments like "Well, there's thousands at their show!" and "you're a cupcake!". The worst of the lot is Mindsaber, it's like he just chooses what to argue even though it's so unrelated to the conversation and uses the WORST tactics to get his point across: aggressive douchbaggery with personal attacks and little point to the real topic. Slash is an attention whore? CD sold 5 million or whatever? The fuck are you even arguing about? Please don't reply to me though, I won't be replying back to you.

It seems the Axl nuthuggers bring up Slash more than anyone else nowadays, just because everyone in the real world thinks of Axl and Slash together as GNR doesn't mean you have to attack Slash whenever anyone is critical of the nu band. There's plenty of other reasons besides Slash to not like GNR post 1994.

And you are throwing out bait to see how many bite,just for shits n' giggles,and to draw attention to yourself,as well as belittle and berate anyone who takes a pro-GNR stance. Chidem did sell over 5 mil,despite Best Buy and Azoff, I think it overshadows anything the rest of the alumni have done,AND GNR is headlining RIR! Yes I'm pro GNR,moving along with the evolution,and not stuck in the past. If you don't like GNR,why come here to complain?

I'm not throwing out bait since I just simply answered the question then went after a couple of the fools here. Saying Slash is a media whore and CD sold 5 million has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with if you have met people who like CD in real life. It's a genuine concern from a fan who hasn't met many people into the band they love. CD sold 5 million despite Axl, not really anyone else, it's laughable you even mention that. Before CD was released everyone was searching for Axl but he was nowhere to be found. Who doesn't promote their own album? You can't blame Azoff or Best Buy AT ALL unless Axl did all he could to promote it and they got in the way, but Axl did everything he possibly could to not promote it at all so that argument flies out the window.

CD doesn't overshadow everything the "alumni" have done, Velvet Revolver does. Slither does. Fall to Pieces does. Better? lol, nahhhh. I love a lot of CD and I love the trials and tribulations of this band. That's why I'm here. The "stuck in the past" bit is another weak argument. My favourite band is Radiohead and they're constantly changing styles and I'm into each new style. I don't fear change, I fear the destruction of things I once loved.

VR does not exist,Saul broke that band up with his talk of Mr.spineless,Mr.Fraud,and Mr. I hate Matt,Saul is the villian that drove poor Scott to quit! I don't think they ought to be able to call themselves VR anymore,they drove Scott off with their giant egos.

But, Guns N' Roses is going on tour this Oct. and I'm happy as hell,RIR is gonna be epic! :lol:

I have met a few. When the first IRS leak happened I sent it to a few people and the best reaction I got was "It's alright, but not as good as the old band". The rest were the same but missing some "it's alright" bit. I didn't get this because at the time I thought IRS was the shit.

When TWAT leaked I was amazed by the buckethead/finck solo and showed people who actually dug the solo but developed no further interest in the song or band.

Then when CD came out one of my friends (those kind of friends you see only at parties and on facebook) posted that he loved the album on his facebook.

That's it. No one else. Only people surprised they're still together, think Axl is a crazy douche, or hate the new band with a passion.

This thread is funny though, I have to say. The Axl nuthuggers jump all over the OP because I guess he has a reputation? If Volcano or Ucudbemine made this thread they wouldn't be accused of trolling... This thread isn't trolling, I find it interesting. Axl nuthuggers just say it is because they can't reply intelligently with stories of people they met who like CD since they really are a rare breed so people like Volcano use terrible arguments like "Well, there's thousands at their show!" and "you're a cupcake!". The worst of the lot is Mindsaber, it's like he just chooses what to argue even though it's so unrelated to the conversation and uses the WORST tactics to get his point across: aggressive douchbaggery with personal attacks and little point to the real topic. Slash is an attention whore? CD sold 5 million or whatever? The fuck are you even arguing about? Please don't reply to me though, I won't be replying back to you.

It seems the Axl nuthuggers bring up Slash more than anyone else nowadays, just because everyone in the real world thinks of Axl and Slash together as GNR doesn't mean you have to attack Slash whenever anyone is critical of the nu band. There's plenty of other reasons besides Slash to not like GNR post 1994.

And you are throwing out bait to see how many bite,just for shits n' giggles,and to draw attention to yourself,as well as belittle and berate anyone who takes a pro-GNR stance. Chidem did sell over 5 mil,despite Best Buy and Azoff, I think it overshadows anything the rest of the alumni have done,AND GNR is headlining RIR! Yes I'm pro GNR,moving along with the evolution,and not stuck in the past. If you don't like GNR,why come here to complain?

I'm not throwing out bait since I just simply answered the question then went after a couple of the fools here. Saying Slash is a media whore and CD sold 5 million has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with if you have met people who like CD in real life. It's a genuine concern from a fan who hasn't met many people into the band they love. CD sold 5 million despite Axl, not really anyone else, it's laughable you even mention that. Before CD was released everyone was searching for Axl but he was nowhere to be found. Who doesn't promote their own album? You can't blame Azoff or Best Buy AT ALL unless Axl did all he could to promote it and they got in the way, but Axl did everything he possibly could to not promote it at all so that argument flies out the window.

CD doesn't overshadow everything the "alumni" have done, Velvet Revolver does. Slither does. Fall to Pieces does. Better? lol, nahhhh. I love a lot of CD and I love the trials and tribulations of this band. That's why I'm here. The "stuck in the past" bit is another weak argument. My favourite band is Radiohead and they're constantly changing styles and I'm into each new style. I don't fear change, I fear the destruction of things I once loved.

VR does not exist,Saul broke that band up with his talk of Mr.spineless,Mr.Fraud,and Mr. I hate Matt,Saul is the villian that drove poor Scott to quit! I don't think they ought to be able to call themselves VR anymore,they drove Scott off with their giant egos.

But, Guns N' Roses is going on tour this Oct. and I'm happy as hell,RIR is gonna be epic! :lol:

here we go again.... :rolleyes:

Actually I'm being uber sarcastic,but I doubt many will grasp that.

Well there are many people on this forum who would write that and be totally serious :xmassrudolph:

So many hateful people who just need to kick back and listen to the music :thumbsup:

Well there are many people on this forum who would write that and be totally serious :xmassrudolph:

So many hateful people who just need to kick back and listen to the music :thumbsup:

Exactly right, I was giving VR the same twisted logic that the legion of doom dishes out to GNR,and laughing my ass off the entire time.

Looking forward to some GNR activity :thumbsup:

Edited by sailaway