My thoughts on a US tour

iftheworld

I really don't see it happening this year considering they're adding more dates up in Canada and overseas which is ok. What I think they should do is use RIR as a "CD2" promo, add two or three US dates for fun, and wait until June/July, even August 2012 for a major US tour. I realise this is all wishful thinking, but I think it's pretty solid. Thoughts?

Edited by iftheworld

If I was GNR, I would play the current tour dates, work on a new album, and do a US tour coinciding with the release of CD2

this.

if i'm the record company or ticketmaster, from a business standpoint, i would encourage the band not to tour the us without a new album or a ep of new songs at worst.

I really don't see it happening this year considering they're adding more dates up in Canada and overseas which is ok. What I think they should do is use RIR as a "CD2" promo, add two or three US dates for fun, and wait until June/July, even August 2012 for a major US tour. I realise this is all wishful thinking, but I think it's pretty solid. Thoughts?

Dates in Canada and overseas? Do you know something we don't know? :drevil:

Wait wait, when did the Canadian and overseas dates come in? I can't find anything about it.

If I was GNR, I would play the current tour dates, work on a new album, and do a US tour coinciding with the release of CD2

this.

if i'm the record company or ticketmaster, from a business standpoint, i would encourage the band not to tour the us without a new album or a ep of new songs at worst.

Reminder,AFD did not hit the charts until approx. A year after it was released,a call from no other than David Geffen got Jungle played on MTV Initially.

The UYIs were toured before they were released in 1991.

And who said a thing about Canada being on this year's schedule?

Edited by sailaway

Guest siliconmessiah

this.

Reminder,AFD did not hit the charts until approx. A year after it was released,a call from no other than David Geffen got Jungle played on MTV Initially.

Ok.

We get the point Sailaway: You don´t want a release to coincide with the tour.

You´d rather have another round of AFD/CD-tour and more silence.

You are the perfect gnr-fan. And pretty active spreading your propaganda in every thread availiable too. Impressive!

Edited by siliconmessiah

this.

Lol! Different era now buddy, music doesn't sell as much as it used to. Touring is the main income earning for most artists. No good bringing up facts from 25 years ago, as they are not valid or relevant today. I agree with Sunny, tour with a new album.

Guest siliconmessiah

I'm sorry I didn't mean Canada. Damn Windows 7. But I was basing this off of CD2 coming out this year sometime after RIR.

Windows 7 wrote Canada? :rofl-lol:

=)

Yeah, I reacted to this to. Does windows 7 automatically rewrite Mexico as Canada?

Does this mean...that we can blame Microsoft, for Canada? .;)

Edited by siliconmessiah

They don't have the fanbase in the US to do an arena tour. The 2002 tour of the US was a disaster for the band. However, if Axl was to bring some of the original line up into the fold, maybe a GNR extrvaganza...who knows...

I don't think it's a big deal if GNR never play a show in the US if there's more interest elsewhere. Book a flight, renew your passport, have a fun trip.

Highly doubtful there's a "sequel" to Chinese Democracy. Use Your Illusion had a lot of AFD "leftovers". Expect a new title.

I really don't see it happening this year considering they're adding more dates up in Canada and overseas which is ok.

See, this is why the BAND needs to communicate with their fans. So people don't make up shit like this and have it roll into a rumor

I really don't see it happening this year considering they're adding more dates up in Canada and overseas which is ok.

See, this is why the BAND needs to communicate with their fans. So people don't make up shit like this and have it roll into a rumor

The BAND has already shot down two rumors concerning lineup at RIR.

I don't think it's a big deal if GNR never play a show in the US if there's more interest elsewhere. Book a flight, renew your passport, have a fun trip.

Highly doubtful there's a "sequel" to Chinese Democracy. Use Your Illusion had a lot of AFD "leftovers". Expect a new title.

Have passport will travel :)

Edited by sailaway