The Main 3 Songs in UYI and CD?

Cosmo

If this belongs somewhere else, feel free to move it.

I sometimes find myself thinking some pointless stupid things. And sometimes I kinda like to get other people's opinions on these pointless thoughts. I was thinking 'There are three basic songs that almost everyone is aware of, independently if they like GnR or not: Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child 'O Mine and Paradise City. Independently if those are my favorite songs on AFD, or if whatever. That's how it is, those 3 songs are the basic 3 songs that people know even before they get into GnR.

Which songs in UYI and CD would probably fit into this? Remember, it's not which are your favorite songs, it's which songs do you think would become permanent staples in tours, no matter what? I know some people might say CD doesn't have those 3, whatever, pick the closest thing...

What do you guys think?

Illusions as a whole (both albums)

November Rain

Don't Cry

You Could be Mine

Illusion 1

November Rain

Don't Cry

Live and Let Die - (If you don't want a cover to count I'd go with Coma or Dead Horse)

Illusion 2

You Could be Mine

Knocking on Heaven's Door - (If not a cover than Estranged)

Civil War

CD

CD

Better

TIL

My faves would be different From Appetite - Rocket Queen, From Lies - You're Crazy, From Illusion 1 - Coma, From Illusion 2 - Estranged & From CD - Sorry

UYI's

Don't Cry

Estranged

November Rain

CD

:shrugs: can't say, as its to deep for me. *sarcasm*

Yet it was enough to keep you as a daily user to the forum....so instead of your typical negative bs, why don't you actually contribute something to the forum and reveal what you think the three best songs are.

It's rock and roll music. Relax. Enjoy life a bit.

UYI's

Don't Cry

Estranged

November Rain

CD

:shrugs: can't say, as its to deep for me. *sarcasm*

Yet it was enough to keep you as a daily user to the forum....so instead of your typical negative bs, why don't you actually contribute something to the forum and reveal what you think the three best songs are.

It's rock and roll music. Relax. Enjoy life a bit.

:xmasssanta: Chill, man! Who do you think I was thinking of when I wrote "I know some people might say CD doesn't have those 3, whatever, pick the closest thing..." Two of them already posted here, just one more to go! After a while you kinda expect these posts, and when you see them you even crack a laugh haha :tongue2:

If I had to define the album in three songs it would be:

You Could Be Mine - representative of the band's harder edge and the song that brought them back into the public eye

November Rain - epic ballad that everyone and their grandmother knows, representative of the "axl ballads" on the album

Dust N' Bones - representative of the "izzy songs" on the album...almost went with 14 Years as both are amazing tunes

It really was a sprawling collection of music and a great job from Mike Clink to make it all sound as cohesive as it did.

If I had to define the album in three songs it would be:

You Could Be Mine - representative of the band's harder edge and the song that brought them back into the public eye

November Rain - epic ballad that everyone and their grandmother knows, representative of the "axl ballads" on the album

Dust N' Bones - representative of the "izzy songs" on the album...almost went with 14 Years as both are amazing tunes

It really was a sprawling collection of music and a great job from Mike Clink to make it all sound as cohesive as it did.

I thought someone other than Clink produced the UYI's, agree with your song choice nonetheless, Dust N' Bones and 14 Years are very underrated imo

AFD

WTTJ

SCOM

PC

Lies (ep)

Patience

One in a Million

UYI I

Don't Cry

Live and let die

November Rain

UYI II

YCBM

Estranged

KOHD

Chinese

CD

TWAT

Better

This list doesn't really repressent the songs I like best, although some are listed. What I feel is the best Main Stream songs are off of each. I could see replacing CD with SOD but how can you not include the title track???