Is Axl so much richer than Slash?

Christian

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 13 years I bet U2 spend more on Leave Behind, Atomic and Horizon

What do you base your theory on? Any proof or just your gut feel due to how long it took between albums?

In any case that is three albums of material compared to one from NuGuns and I highly doubt that U2 had recording studios on retainer 24/7 or were paying $75K a month for unused equipment siting around collecting dust

Axl himself has said there's 2 1/2 - 3 albums worth of material.

One album has been released yes, so that's the only physical proof we have so far.

But, personally I don't think neither Axl or anyone else mentioning many more songs are lying.

i bet he's richer. just not thaaaat fucking rich?

although i have no idea how he has invested his money so it could be true. but how credible is the site? what are their sources? I guess owning the GNR name/brand sorta makes some cash :P

Guest siliconmessiah

I´m wishing back to the days when the music did matter and made the talk instead of money and employees.

Edited by siliconmessiah

What do you base your theory on? Any proof or just your gut feel due to how long it took between albums?

In any case that is three albums of material compared to one from NuGuns and I highly doubt that U2 had recording studios on retainer 24/7 or were paying $75K a month for unused equipment siting around collecting dust

Axl himself has said there's 2 1/2 - 3 albums worth of material.

One album has been released yes, so that's the only physical proof we have so far.

But, personally I don't think neither Axl or anyone else mentioning many more songs are lying.

I will believe it when I see that he has 3 albums of finished songs..........Even if he recorded 40 songs over the 13 years I find it hard to believe U2 spent anywhere near 13 mill recording their last 3 albums.....

That might be, but my point was only that it's highly probable they have more to show for than only Chinese, having spent about $13 mill.

U2 is notoriously frugal in the studio. Volcano is talking out of his ass.

I don't see how. Slash and Axl should be equal when it comes to the money made from Guns N'Roses.

Axl has Chinese Democracy, although that appears to have cost more than it made.

Slash has released 3 soloralbums, 2 VR albums, and appeared on countless other aritist's tracks.

If there's money to be made from touring, Slash has done far more than Axl.

One area Axl could have made dosh in with legal cases. I'm guessing he has lost a few too. They do seem to be on going, and cost a small fortune. If Axl really does have 200 Million, then why did he fail to pay for that painting, and take so long to pay his hired hands :shrugs:

I don't see how. Slash and Axl should be equal when it comes to the money made from Guns N'Roses.

Axl has Chinese Democracy, although that appears to have cost more than it made.

Slash has released 3 soloralbums, 2 VR albums, and appeared on countless other aritist's tracks.

One area Axl could have made dosh in with legal cases. I'm guessing he has lost a few too. They do seem to be on going, and cost a small fortune. If Axl really does have 200 Million, then why did he fail to pay for that painting, and take so long to pay his hired hands :shrugs:

What is with the hired hands crap?

Do u apply that same title to every non-original member of every band in history? You will refer to the new VR singer as a hired hand?

So every bass player metallica has will always be a hired hand.

These are people living their dream. What's the point of trying to demean them constantly.

What is with the hired hands crap?

Do u apply that same title to every non-original member of every band in history? You will refer to the new VR singer as a hired hand?

So every bass player metallica has will always be a hired hand.

These are people living their dream. What's the point of trying to demean them constantly.

Well Slash's wife is not the original one,can she be referred to as a hired hand? :lol:

I don't think it was meant to be an insult. It just is what it is. When axl left gnr, to form nu gnr, it became a business. Axls the boss. He might listen to what the band has to offer as far as opinions go, but at the end of the day, it's really his vision that comes first. That wasn't the case beforehand. At least not entirely.

I agree that Axl is the one with the overall vision for the band, and he also carries more responsibility when it comes to the decision making.

Talking creativity and music writing I believe it's 100% a collaboration between all band members.

So, I don't agree this band has become pure business.

Also, Axl never left GN'R.. if so, when did that happen? In 1997, what band consisted of Axl, Duff, Robin, Matt, Dizzy and Paul... GN'R or nuGN'R?

I think the band evolved over time, and has gradually become what it is today.

I don't think it was meant to be an insult. It just is what it is. When axl left gnr, to form nu gnr, it became a business. Axls the boss. He might listen to what the band has to offer as far as opinions go, but at the end of the day, it's really his vision that comes first. That wasn't the case beforehand. At least not entirely.

I agree that Axl is the one with the overall vision for the band, and he also carries more responsibility when it comes to the decision making.

Talking creativity and music writing I believe it's 100% a collaboration between all band members.

So, I don't agree this band has become pure business.

Also, Axl never left GN'R.. if so, when did that happen? In 1997, what band consisted of Axl, Duff, Robin, Matt, Dizzy and Paul... GN'R or nuGN'R?

I think the band evolved over time, and has gradually become what it is today.

Axl has always been the visionary for GNRs,Steve was fired,Izzy chose to leave,no doubt sorum and Gilby were fired.Slash quit in 1996,and Duff quit a bit later.

Don't really understand why some refuse to see the truth.

NuGuns are Axl's employees they are paid a salary and can be fired by Axl at will hence they are hired hands..and they have yet to record and release one shred of orginal music together...until they do most fans will not take them seriously as a band..

If VR becomes active again and the new lead singer is a paid employee instead of an equal partner he/she will be a hired hand............

Do you have proof of them being paid a salary?

This reminded me of the Q&A BBA did with Brain a while back..

BBA: Are the current members of GN'R paId a retainer during the years of inactivity? If you don't want to speak on behalf of other members, are you paid a retainer during the years of inactivity?

Brain: -No

I think they rather get paid based on what the band makes while touring and album sales. Like a normal band.

Slash is hurting for dough. It all becomes clear now.

How is 30 million hurting for cash? I wish I was as broke as Slash.

Oh c'mon, where's your sense of humor man? Did you really think I was being literal? =b

Sorry about that. It came back after the hangover wore off.

NuGuns are Axl's employees they are paid a salary and can be fired by Axl at will hence they are hired hands..and they have yet to record and release one shred of orginal music together...until they do most fans will not take them seriously as a band..

If VR becomes active again and the new lead singer is a paid employee instead of an equal partner he/she will be a hired hand............

Do you have proof of them being paid a salary?

This reminded me of the Q&A BBA did with Brain a while back..

BBA: Are the current members of GN'R paId a retainer during the years of inactivity? If you don't want to speak on behalf of other members, are you paid a retainer during the years of inactivity?

Brain: -No

I think they rather get paid based on what the band makes while touring and album sales. Like a normal band.

According to Axl's countersuit against Azoff they are Axl's employees which can be fired at will

http://www.khpblaw.com/pdf/pdf%20Cross%20Complaint,%20filed%205_17_2010.PDF

See page 3 section 5 where it states "Rose controls the operation, direction and membership of the band. Rose has the authority to retain and release all constituent band members"

It does not get into details how they get paid but they are not partners with Axl they are his paid employees who he can fire at will...He is the boss and they are his hired hands.

Good job. You proved that Axl is Guns N' Roses. Are all the people here clamoring for a reunion still sure they want that? It would make Slash, Duff, etc. hired hands. Even though Slash already is a hired hand for the Black Eyed Peas, but I digress.

Edit: Now that I think about it, they were hired hands the moment they signed over the name so it's too late. You can have your reunion wishes back.

Edited by Damn_Smooth