Is Axl so much richer than Slash?

Christian

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NuGuns are Axl's employees they are paid a salary and can be fired by Axl at will hence they are hired hands..and they have yet to record and release one shred of orginal music together...until they do most fans will not take them seriously as a band..

If VR becomes active again and the new lead singer is a paid employee instead of an equal partner he/she will be a hired hand............

Do you have proof of them being paid a salary?

This reminded me of the Q&A BBA did with Brain a while back..

BBA: Are the current members of GN'R paId a retainer during the years of inactivity? If you don't want to speak on behalf of other members, are you paid a retainer during the years of inactivity?

Brain: -No

I think they rather get paid based on what the band makes while touring and album sales. Like a normal band.

According to Axl's countersuit against Azoff they are Axl's employees which can be fired at will

http://www.khpblaw.com/pdf/pdf%20Cross%20Complaint,%20filed%205_17_2010.PDF

See page 3 section 5 where it states "Rose controls the operation, direction and membership of the band. Rose has the authority to retain and release all constituent band members"

It does not get into details how they get paid but they are not partners with Axl they are his paid employees who he can fire at will...He is the boss and they are his hired hands.

I'm not disputing that Axl has control of the ship. What I'm saying is I don't think the band members are like employees at some company, receiving a monthly paycheck.

Since Axl got 41% of the royalties from Appetite for destruction and probably the a lot too from the other albums, the numbers seem right.

well, even if he he'd be broke saul could say he has cash since he named his son after his favorite thing

Axl doesn't have a wife. This plays a HUGE part..

heh,

.. and he stayed doors for about 10 years :D

Beisdes, Slash has a social life wife, and they cost money.

fixed

Edited by UcudBmineCD

NuGuns are Axl's employees they are paid a salary and can be fired by Axl at will hence they are hired hands..and they have yet to record and release one shred of orginal music together...until they do most fans will not take them seriously as a band..

If VR becomes active again and the new lead singer is a paid employee instead of an equal partner he/she will be a hired hand............

Do you have proof of them being paid a salary?

This reminded me of the Q&A BBA did with Brain a while back..

BBA: Are the current members of GN'R paId a retainer during the years of inactivity? If you don't want to speak on behalf of other members, are you paid a retainer during the years of inactivity?

Brain: -No

I think they rather get paid based on what the band makes while touring and album sales. Like a normal band.

According to Axl's countersuit against Azoff they are Axl's employees which can be fired at will

http://www.khpblaw.com/pdf/pdf%20Cross%20Complaint,%20filed%205_17_2010.PDF

See page 3 section 5 where it states "Rose controls the operation, direction and membership of the band. Rose has the authority to retain and release all constituent band members"

It does not get into details how they get paid but they are not partners with Axl they are his paid employees who he can fire at will...He is the boss and they are his hired hands.

Good job. You proved that Axl is Guns N' Roses. Are all the people here clamoring for a reunion still sure they want that? It would make Slash, Duff, etc. hired hands. Even though Slash already is a hired hand for the Black Eyed Peas, but I digress.

Edit: Now that I think about it, they were hired hands the moment they signed over the name so it's too late. You can have your reunion wishes back.

Was there ever any doubt that Axl is Guns now as he owns the name? Even Slash fans would not dispute that so what is your point exactly?

BTW You will never find a post where I say I want a reunion as I saw the real thing back in 87/88 but I would certainly go if there was one.......... ;)

Not in my mind. There was never any doubt that Axl is Guns N' Roses. I posed my question to those that want a reunion, not you. Check the wording.

Until I realized it was a moot point anyway, and they were already "hired hands". I just don't see how the "hired hands" part matters. It just shows that Axl has good taste in hiring musicians as far as I'm concerned. Well, maybe not D.J., but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until an album with him on it is released. He does ok on the old shit.

Edit: I would go if there was one too, because Axl would be there. I really don't care who's playing the instruments.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I don't care enough to bother with google, but just enough to ask here. Did Slash name his son Cash as a fact? Or is this a new cupcake? If he did, why??

Cash Anthony Hudson is Saul's son...no joke, no trolling :shrugs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slash_(musician)#Personal_life

That's weird.

Why is that weird? Nothing unusual about the name Cash other than it gives the Axl worshippers something to cupcake about..........

It's weird because I have never met anybody named Cash. Never heard of a celebrity with that name either. They might be everywhere around your parts, but I haven't seen a single one.

I don't care enough to bother with google, but just enough to ask here. Did Slash name his son Cash as a fact? Or is this a new cupcake? If he did, why??

That's weird.

Why is that weird? Nothing unusual about the name Cash other than it gives the Axl worshippers something to cupcake about..........

It's weird because I have never met anybody named Cash. Never heard of a celebrity with that name either. They might be everywhere around your parts, but I haven't seen a single one.

Mr Jessica Alba.

That's weird.

Not a common name for a boy but not exactly weird.......... I have read Slash picked it as a tribute to Johnny Cash which if true is pretty cool IMHO but not exactly weird......

■CASH is the 261st most popular boy's name in the United States.

How would you like to have been named Pirate like Jonathan Davis of Korns son? or his other son named Zeppelin? or named Fire like Steve Vai's son?

Rocker names

http://www.babyhold.com/babynames/Popular/Rocker_Celebrity_baby_Names/

Weird, unique, different, whatever. I wasn't using it to insult the kid. And Cash is better than those other names.

That's weird.

Mr Jessica Alba.

Is that somebody's name? I would have some serious words with my parents if that happened to me.

I can believe axl has around 30-50 mill but 200 seems a bit high. I believe axl is personally quite wealthy but I think the reason GNR had to tour in 2006 was to raise funds to finish the album. I can believe GNR as an entity is near broke

Not surprised, I saw the thread title and guessed 5x as much, closer to 6.5 times. Here's why, in 3 relatively short answers.

1. He ended up with 51% of most songs as "the formula" they used in establishing royalties worked great for the lyricist and melody weaver. (Axl) Slash got a piece of the other 49% based on who was 'primary riff writer', etc.

2. Don't let the 2k bottles of magnum champagne and 100 year old cheddar cheese fool ya, he's really thrifty the rest of the time! He bought his house right, regardless of what happened since in market, has made millions when records sold, and still does touring.

3. This is the guy who is quoted as saying something like "Once you have a certain amount you can live off the interest". This mentality makes you richer and richer if, like Axl, you're on a mission to make this a reality. The Dow went from it's HUGE 500 point drop in "Appetites" 1987 (500 point moves common now) to close at 1738. That's about when Axl started making real cash, late 87. Since then it went to 14,000, now at 11,000. See?