Anybody else still wish that Buckethead would come back?

ITW 2012

While I would DIE of happiness if Bucket came back, he is a prolific solo artist man. Guns would have held him back. As a guitar player myself, I can totally understand why he left, especially after hearing some of the stories of what went on during recording...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest siliconmessiah

Buckethead is an amazing guitarist.

He took the old songs to another level and made very good work on CD.

It would be great if he came back!

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

His solo for Nightrain was way more bad ass than Slash's.

It sure was.

I remember how I hoped that the lineup back then (2002) would´ve come out with 2-3 albums worth of material and write a new chapter in the GNR-saga

But it all went up in smoke. And here we are in 2011, almost 10 years later, with another AFD-tour coming up around the bend.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

to be fair the last tour wasn't AFD heavy.

But still 7 songs from AFD made every gig. I would´ve want to see that cut down to 4-5 and put in more UYI. Or more rather, new material.

And to be honest, the changes in the setlist from 2006-2011 isn´t something ground-breaking.

Edited by siliconmessiah

But still 7 songs from AFD made every gig. I would´ve want to see that cut down to 4-5 and put in more UYI. Or more rather, new material.

And to be honest, the changes in the setlist from 2006-2011 isn´t something ground-breaking.

What songs would you cut?

no way.

he's got talent, but that bucket looks fucking stupid.....he should could star on a children's show he looks so dumb. political message or not.

people laugh at him and as a consequence laugh at the band...not exactly great publicity. although it's more PR than the band does on it's own!

just wish they would all just get it together.

Sorry I don't want anything to do with Buckethead in the band. He is a very good guitar player but I don't think his sound fits in the best. the 3 guys we have know have just the sound this band needs. I so hope in the near future we can hear what they can come up with together. Besides sorry Bucket but you made GNR look like a joke. lol I don't have a problem with his personality but it just doesn't fit in.

true, but since when dis guitar solo's involve nunchucks

Guest siliconmessiah

Probably It´s so easy and Mr.Brownstone.

Other songs to cut, although not from AFD, includes Patience and LALD.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest gunns5

Sorry I don't want anything to do with Buckethead in the band. He is a very good guitar player but I don't think his sound fits in the best. the 3 guys we have know have just the sound this band needs. I so hope in the near future we can hear what they can come up with together. Besides sorry Bucket but you made GNR look like a joke. lol I don't have a problem with his personality but it just doesn't fit in.

Having a problem with his image in GnR I can understand. However, saying his 'sound doesn't fit the best' um.. you do realize that without him there would be no chinese democracy at all, and more importantly, NO TWAT.

I'm sorry, but saying 'his sound doesnt fit the best' when a lot of the reason why he was liked so much, is because he made the old songs sound better, and made the new songs what they are.

There are only 4 AFD songs that need to be played on every show Jungle, SCOM, Nightrain and Paradise City. The rest could easily be replaced with rockers from UYI, such us DTJ, Don`t damn me, Perfect crime, 14 years, Civil war, Pretty tied up, or there I say Coma.

Oh and yes I would love to see Bucket and Finck back.

Guest siliconmessiah

Not sure what you´re trying to say here Siscool.

Shouldn´t Buckethead be able to swing some ´chucks if he still plays a better solo than Slash?

It´s 5000000 times better than the generic-rock-clone-designer that now is on stage with this band - DJ Ashba. :vomit:

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest gunns5

Not sure what you´re trying to say here Siscool.

Shouldn´t Buckethead be able to do whatever the fuck he wants if he still plays a better solo than Slash?

If Bucket came out and rode on a unicycle while wearing a top hat on top of his bucket, that would be ok. Why? because his guitar playing more than makes up for the part of him that people cant seem to get past, which is a shame for them I guess. :shrugs:

I think people like a freak shows especially in the US so it would help ticket sales :D

I thought Ron's solos on Shackler's Revenge and Catcher in the Rye were terrible

WTF?

Anyway I think Bucket contributed enough and it was time to move on....he obviously didn't want to be in GNR.

Didn't Axl have to take him to Disneyland to convince him to stay? lol

Also;

Axl persevered, though. At Christmas he invited Brian over to his house. It hadn't been a happy Buckethead holiday up to that point: he'd really, really been hoping that someone would give him a certain hard-to-find Leatherface doll he'd been coveting as a gift, but no one had. Then he arrived at Axl's place, and Axl had that very doll — and he gave it to him. Brian took this as a sign ("He must understand me somehow"), and he joined the band.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1458813/kurt-loder-meets-gnrs-buckethead.jhtml

I love freak shows as much as the next guy. It just doesn't fit in with GNR. I could go and see Manson live once a month and never get board.

The band doesn't need a guitar player replacement, it just needs to dump one guitar player. As it is it's way too confusing both musically and for the fans... But unfortunately that will never happen because Axl is too much stuborn to change his mind and I reckon he also doesn't want ever to be again out-staged by one charismatic lead guitar player like Slash...

But don't get me wrong, I'll take the current lineup any day over VR, Slash band or any other fucked-up attempt at recreating Gn'R hey day sound...

Guest siliconmessiah

Oh I don't think so at all. I love the sound of 3 guitars working on these songs.

Yes. I agree. And the three guitars add up to a better and more intense live experience. Look at Iron Maiden or GNR-shows (without Ashba) for a good example.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Why is everyone so hard on the Chicken Man? I will say it again, he is by far the best guitarist Guns N' Roses ever had. Sure it didn't help the band's image but holy shit did it improve their sound.

The three guitarist lineup worked out well for Iron Maiden and it seems to be working out for Guns N' Roses.

Ron, Rich and Bucket would be the best GN'R guitar line up ever.

Edited by BirdCatcher

No way. I think the current band is the best GnR line-up since the AFD boys. I am one of those that could not get past BH's absurdities. They guy is amazingly talented - don't get me wrong - he has more talent in his nosehair than I do my whole body but I gotta draw the line somewhere. If a guy was THE best guitarist in the world but came on stage with a Whopper with Cheese wrapper on his face and did a ballet dance on stage in between Rocket Queen and Paradise City I would feel the same. Nothing personal Buckethead - I love chickens too man, but go join the circus with the other side-show-bobs ! :)