Do you realize how important RIRIV is gonna be for GNR?

D..

This Rock in Rio IV show is going to be the last huge show in new GNR's history. The only show that could beat this is a reunion that's never going to happen. I don't picture GNR (whatever incarnation it will be in 10 years... maybe Axl will be dead and Slash will take over? Haha, let's hope not) playing Rock in Rio V. Even if they do, it will be too late. I know it's shit to say this, but Axl is on the edge of getting "old". He is his last years of "youth". Almost 50. Of course it's a harsh thing to say but regarding the energy that GNR songs demand, I really don't picture Axl being able to pull it off in ten years.

He sounded awesome last year. I have no doubt he still sounds great.

He looked weird at RIR III, sounded weird, strangely youn looking, yet it was one of the biggest show in GNR history because it was a comeback.

Nowadays he looks like an old pirate ready to blow off everything.

One thing has changed since Rock in Rio III: Chinese Democracy was released. Axl remained pretty much mute throughout all the 2010 gigs. Didn't say much. Odd contrast when you listen to his 2001/2002 rants, when he truly believed CD was about to be released.

It's been ten years since Rock in Rio III. Axl has something to prove to Rio, but mostly, to the world: that his band kicks ass, that he has a new kick ass album coming up, and that nobody puts on a better show than Guns N' Roses.

I hope that you are all conscious of how great and memorable this upcoming RIR IV gig is gonna be. It will be the shit. Something you'll be proud to have witness in your life.

The General. Estranged. Coma. Maybe neither. But I know Axl has something for us.

I think some sort of press release will come out on Friday....

What should that press release say?

something that MSL has been keeping inside of him for these past months. He said he would finally be able to speak about stuff on October first.

Of course they won't be the biggest band in the world anytime soon, it's a mystery to me how they did manage to be the biggest band at one point given the poor taste people have in music in general, it's amazing to me that people can bear listening to horrid things like "the killers", "kings of leon", "porcupine tree, "coldplay" or "metallica".

Anyway, I didn't say this show was going to be important for "the world", it's going to be very important for GNR. It's a date to remember. It's a date for music history.

people are putting way to much into this. Just enjoy the damn show. GNR will never be the 'biggest band in the world' again (aside from a reunion tour). Just be happy with what they do, enjoy it, and don't expect more than that.

It's going to be a huge show but that goes without saying. It's Rock in Rio. The fact that the band sells out all over the world is saying something. People want to see them. This tour has been very profitable for them. I think Rio will just be another great show in a string of great shows that started in late 2009.

Of course they won't be the biggest band in the world anytime soon, it's a mystery to me how they did manage to be the biggest band at one point given the poor taste people have in music in general, it's amazing to me that people can bear listening to horrid things like "the killers", "kings of leon", "porcupine tree, "coldplay" or "metallica".

Anyway, I didn't say this show was going to be important for "the world", it's going to be very important for GNR. It's a date to remember. It's a date for music history.

Porcupine Tree? Seriously? What hate could you possibly level against PT? They're artistically lightyears ahead of the rest of the stuff on your list, they write absolutel beautiful music and they rock hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jtc4dF721g

What's remotely "horrid" about that? I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just really curious to know what about that displeases your ears cause it seems impossible to me...