Nuno Bettencourt Was Asked to Play in GN'R

KornHoleo

Was just watching the interview, and where he mentioned touring with Rihanna, I thought he looked familiar...

I'd seen him at this show (don't judge me, I went with my family, my little sister wanted to go...)!:

He was the 2nd best thing about it, after Rihanna's arse B-)

Was just watching the interview, and where he mentioned touring with Rihanna, I thought he looked familiar...

I'd seen him at this show (don't judge me, I went with my family, my little sister wanted to go...)!:

He was the 2nd best thing about it, after Rihanna's arse B-)

It's ok pal. Rihanna is kinda cool and our very own Richard Fortus toured with her already.

Obviously my first question to Nuno was Gn'r Related, what he said was that he was invited to Play but for him,and for his L.A. friends playing in a Band like Gn'r wasn't necessarily a good thing, because they didn't really play all that much, it was Axl's show, there was no real creative stuff to be done. So it wasn't a fun gig and he didn't even audition.

So much better being in Rihanna's touring band I guess!

Nuno is incredibly underrated and has amazing tone.......Extreme underrated as well IMHO...they are so much more then " More Than Words".....

And Gary Cherone may not have been a good fit for VH but he is the perfect front man for Extreme.....has great stage presence........

Check out the complete Boston HoB show from 2009 to see Nuno's chops

Edited by RussTCB

Nuno is incredibly underrated and has amazing tone.......Extreme underrated as well IMHO...they are so much more then " More Than Words".....

And Gary Cherone may not have been a good fit for VH but he is the perfect front man for Extreme.....has great stage presence........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW1Ym9z2-yA

Cherone never had a chance because the reunion was dangled in front of the fans the year before and taken away. If they had done one summer reunion tour and went "we'll see in the future" as far as new music with Dave went, the outcome would have favored VH more. Eddie was being a dick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW1Ym9z2-yA

Cherone never had a chance because the reunion was dangled in front of the fans the year before and taken away. If they had done one summer reunion tour and went "we'll see in the future" as far as new music with Dave went, the outcome would have favored VH more. Eddie was being a dick.

Agree 100% From what I have read Eddie is a dick in general so that is no surprise.............and personally, although I am in the minority, I like the Van Halen III album...............Cherone even sounds a bit like Sammy Hagar on that album...but still think he was not a good fit for VH............

Edited by classicrawker

I liked VH3, but I'm in a minority with that opinion. It's a flawed album--Gary's singing out of his range, the album sounds more like a demo, etc. but as Gary said, "the seeds" where there for a good album. And there are some good songs, like "Once" and "From Afar."

Edited by RichardNixon

Straying off topic here is an excellent interview with Cherone on his VH experience

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gary-cherone-reflects-on-his-three-year-stint-in-van-halen-20120210?page=2

I liked VH3, but I'm in a minority with that opinion. It's a flawed album--Gary's singing out of his range, the album sounds more like a demo, etc. but as Gary said, "the seeds" where there for a good album. And there are some good songs, like "Once" and "From Afar."

I didn't think he was reaching too high but he does sound like Hagar on many of the songs IMHO...............

Edited by classicrawker

Maybe not on "From Afar," but Gary does try to sing like Hagar on songs like "Without You." Not GC's fault, that's what Eddie was pushing him to do:

Really takes me back to my senior year of HS.

They needed someone who could do Sammy's and Dave's songs. They wanted to play songs like "Romeo Delight" and "Mean Streets" again.

I think Doug Goldstein was behind David Lee Roth writing the apology letter to Axl and Baz...

I actually liked VH better with Hagar. Gary really didn't have a chance, it was almost impossible for lightning to strike twice. It's really hard for a band as big as they were to change lead singers. It worked once, but fans weren't going to buy in again. Anyway, I like the current GnR lineup as it is.